Legendary crafting

Legendary crafting

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: RagiNagi.1802

RagiNagi.1802

Hey!

Basically, after couple of years in game and not owning a legendary, I have decided that it is finally time for me to undertake the journey of crafting one.

As far as I understand there are scavenger hunts that need to be completed now. But what are the costs attached to it nowadays? Do I need to max out my scribe crafting? That is a biggie, around 400g for that. Also, a stack of every t6 material is required for each weapon?

Basically, I want to inquire on how much it would cost me to reach a legendary (the ones I am thinking of is Bolt, Incinerator, or Hope).

If you guys have any tricks/tips/advice for my journey, maybe time estimation (if starting from 0) and other important notes. Let me know!

Thanks!

Legendary crafting

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Can’t speak for the 3 you mentioned, but for Nevermore I’m currentlty on T4.

At the start, I had 1500 elder wood planks and 1500 elder wood logs, I had 1000 bandit crests and 400 geodes…I had 2 spirit wood planks and 0 Deldremore.

I no longer have any of these things, in fact the speed at which the elder wood disappeared should be considered for the genus book, it was gone before I reached T2.

The scavenger hunts are fun, the crafting portion is expensive or time gated.

I’m researching what’s next as far as crystalline ingots, gifts etc and preparing for the time gates and maps and content I usually avoid.

All in all I think this 1 weapon will take another month atleast, and that was starting with alittle bit of materials.

After crafting is done, most of the end pieces are gathering crystalline, obi, gifts etc like normal, but nothing too taxing as has already happened. So far, it looks like the worst parts are done (with the exception of the Fractals involved in the current collection).

But yes, you should research mats, prepare for modes and content you may not be fond of and craft what you can when you can. It’s a fun journey, but it can take alot out of you.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Legendary crafting

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

If you want to see exactly what materials go into each weapon, this site lists all the components:

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/legendaries

It also compares the cost of buying vs crafting.

Legendary crafting

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/72713-HOPE

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/30699-Bolt

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/30687-Incinerator

Of the 3 you are interested in, HOPE is by far the most expensive, almost 700 gold more expensive than the Incinerator. Incidentally, the incinerator also needs the fewest timegated crafting materials, which will make it faster to complete if you farm and craft everything yourself.

Legendary crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

One of the event for the Bolt collection is also frequently broken. That is worse than having a time gate.

Legendary crafting

OriOri.8724

Still? I thought they had fixed that event by now?

Legendary crafting

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

What I don’t understand is why they made the new Legendary crafting process so expensive. When we first heard about it, I assumed that the Legendary weapon you got from the new process would be the same as what you got from the original process. But the Legendary from a crafted Precursor is account bound. So why did they make it
MORE expensive than the original Legendary crafting? An unbound Legendary should be more expensive because you can profit from it.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Legendary crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Still? I thought they had fixed that event by now?

A friend tried to do it a couple of days ago.

Legendary crafting

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

If you craft all the timegated things yourself and have to farm from zero gold, expect it to take 2.5 to 3 months at least. HOPE would work out to be more expensive than Incinerator or Bolt. Those websites linked are good to see a breakdown of what you’ll need, but don’t feel put off by the big price tag. You won’t really realise how much you’re sinking into it if you’re doing a little bit a day.

Legendary crafting

OriOri.8724

What I don’t understand is why they made the new Legendary crafting process so expensive. When we first heard about it, I assumed that the Legendary weapon you got from the new process would be the same as what you got from the original process. But the Legendary from a crafted Precursor is account bound. So why did they make it
MORE expensive than the original Legendary crafting? An unbound Legendary should be more expensive because you can profit from it.

You can still see the 1st generation legendaries after crafting them. And of course it got more expensive, more steps were added to the process. It isn’t going to be cheaper to craft it now that more stuff is invovled

Legendary crafting

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

You can sell Legendaries from crafted Precursors, as long as they’re 1st generation. The Heart of Thorns Legendaries are all account bound and can only be crafted, period.

As for the cost, the Legendary Journey wasn’t intended to make them cheaper, it was intended to provide an alternative to RNG or the Trading Post for acquiring Precursors. The new steps are ways that you can incrementally progress towards your Precursor, by crafting some things every day, performing a scavenger hunt, or (similar to how you got the old ones) just by buying things as you need them. Some people prefer having a solid sequence to work through to be guaranteed a Precursor at the end, rather than having to depend on the Mystic Forge or needing to save up hundreds of gold to click a button. It’s certainly helped me make more Legendary weapons!

Legendary crafting

Djinn.9245

You can sell Legendaries from crafted Precursors, as long as they’re 1st generation. The Heart of Thorns Legendaries are all account bound and can only be crafted, period.

Right, that’s exactly what I said.

As for the cost, the Legendary Journey wasn’t intended to make them cheaper, it was intended to provide an alternative to RNG or the Trading Post for acquiring Precursors. The new steps are ways that you can incrementally progress towards your Precursor, by crafting some things every day, performing a scavenger hunt, or (similar to how you got the old ones) just by buying things as you need them. Some people prefer having a solid sequence to work through to be guaranteed a Precursor at the end, rather than having to depend on the Mystic Forge or needing to save up hundreds of gold to click a button. It’s certainly helped me make more Legendary weapons!

I never said anything about wanting them to be cheaper, what I asked is why they were MORE EXPENSIVE. Alternate is great, but unbound can be sold = should be more expensive.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Legendary crafting

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

You’ve got it the wrong way round, some of the precursors are being sold off cheaper than they cost to craft. If you bought them all then the crafting method would not be more expensive. The price of mats goes up and down, if they drop then crafting will become cheaper. If both things happened – mat prices fell, the cost of precursors went up, there would be threads asking why it was cheaper to craft than buy.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Legendary crafting

Djinn.9245

You’ve got it the wrong way round, some of the precursors are being sold off cheaper than they cost to craft. If you bought them all then the crafting method would not be more expensive. The price of mats goes up and down, if they drop then crafting will become cheaper. If both things happened – mat prices fell, the cost of precursors went up, there would be threads asking why it was cheaper to craft than buy.

I’m guessing that you’re responding to me but I’m not certain.

What I don’t understand is why they made the new Legendary crafting process so expensive. When we first heard about it, I assumed that the Legendary weapon you got from the new process would be the same as what you got from the original process. But the Legendary from a crafted Precursor is account bound. So why did they make it MORE expensive than the original Legendary crafting? An unbound Legendary should be more expensive because you can profit from it.

My comment above is only about how the NEW Legendary crafting is more expensive than the original Legendary crafting method. I would definitely not ask why the new crafting was cheaper – I believe it should be cheaper since the result can’t be sold.

Legendary crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If both things happened – mat prices fell, the cost of precursors went up, there would be threads asking why it was cheaper to craft than buy.

No, that would be understandable. It would be because buying takes a lot less time and effort.

But to answer OP

As far as I understand there are scavenger hunts that need to be completed now.

Depends. New legendaries do need those quests, and they can be really costly (the total cost of making the legendary won’t be higher, though, as the last step – going from precursor to legendary itself – is cheaper). In the case of old legendaries, you have to check the cost difference between crafting the precursor (doing the scavenger quests) or buying it off TP. Which option is cheaper can vary depending on legendary.

gw2efficiency.com has a comparison option showing you the price of both approaches. Check the links Stitch and OriOri provided.

Do I need to max out my scribe crafting? That is a biggie, around 400g for that.

As far as i know, Scribe is not used for anything, and old legendaries still require only level 400 in the crafts required for them.

Also, a stack of every t6 material is required for each weapon?

For old ones, yes. Hot ones use different gifts, that require less of t6 mats, but also some number of t5, t4 and t3 ones.

Basically, I want to inquire on how much it would cost me to reach a legendary (the ones I am thinking of is Bolt, Incinerator, or Hope).

OriOri already answered that, with the gw2efficiency links

If you guys have any tricks/tips/advice for my journey, maybe time estimation (if starting from 0) and other important notes. Let me know!

Two tips i can give is:
1. check the prices, and decide whether you will do it the collections way or by buying the precursor (Not applicable to H.O.P.E. and other HoT legendaries).
2. Start with getting the clovers first, before t6 mats. Recipe to get them is a bit random, and can produce other needed mats as a byproduct.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Legendary crafting

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

My comment above is only about how the NEW Legendary crafting is more expensive than the original Legendary crafting method. I would definitely not ask why the new crafting was cheaper – I believe it should be cheaper since the result can’t be sold.

On first reading the post, I assumed you were talking about the new system of Legendary crafting as a whole, and not specifically the four new Legendary weapons that can only be crafted.

So why are they more expensive? Presumably a prestige thing. The old Legendary weapons have existed for a long time, they see how many players have them, so maybe they thought “Lets make the new ones a bit more exclusive”.

There were some adjustments made, too. Chuka and Champawat, the only Legendary weapon to not be released as part of the initial huge set of Gen1 and Gen2 crafting quests, scaled back greatly on the amount of Spiritwood needed and spread it out more evenly among the tiers of progression. They saw the initial feedback and took it into account when moving forward. Unfortunately, the rest are on hold now…