Legendary vs. ascended

Legendary vs. ascended

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I don’t get the current outrage against raid-exclusive items, including legendary precursors. Since day #1 everyone knows legendaries in general have the same stats as top-tier equipment (this holds true even after they added ascended to the game), and the top tier are STILL easier/faster to craft than a legendary.

Why do people rant so much for content-exclusive rewards? Doesn’t it already happen with Tequatl weapons+mini, Triple Trouble armor+minis, sPvP-related stuff such as Glorious armor sets and llama minis? Fractal weapons and tonic? Probably they’ll introduce things WvW-specific too (by now we have Mistforged weapons).

I just… don’t get it.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Legendary vs. ascended

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

It’s just the fact they state this game is play as you want……but if you want to play a certain way you can’t get this or that. Then purple complain if your not hardcore like me you don’t deserve it.

Legendary armor for example. I see no reason why people who master raids can’t get a full set in a month. Sure that’s ok. But for players such as myself who really do not enjoy raids should still have a grind opting even if it takes 5 months outside of raids that’s usually just full of these hardcore players that aren’t fun to play with often times for any casual player

(edited by Sylent.3165)

Legendary vs. ascended

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Well Legendary armor stats is going to be the same amount as Ascended.

Legendaries, after all, are mostly vaniety use.

Outside of vaniety is the function that you can adjust the gear stats to a different version so you don’t have to buy new armor.

Legendary vs. ascended

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

Legendary armor for example. I see no reason why people who master raids can’t get a full set in a month. Sure that’s ok. But for players such as myself who really do not enjoy raids should still have a grind opting even if it takes 5 months outside of raids that’s usually just full of these hardcore players that aren’t fun to play with often times for any casual player

Legendary armor is proof that you did the raid. There should be exclusive content, especially when it’s cosmetic like the legendaries. If you can’t do the raids then you haven’t earned the gear, it’s as simple as that. Legendary armor doesn’t have much of an advantage either, so there’s no reason not to have exclusivity. If everyone can do everything, then getting legendary gear won’t be nearly as impressive.

Jesusmancer