Legendary weapons will no longer be legendary

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Or, we can skip the whole hoopla, and go straight to time investment without irritating many players on the way.

You are assuming that the “time investment” does not irritate many players…

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I recently went through the process of making my Legendary and there’s absolutely nothing Legendary about it. It all comes down to one thing: Gold.

That’s just how it is. Whether it’s someone who swiped their card, got lucky with drops or just built up enough over time legendaries are 100% about gold and nothing else.

When they add this new system and people start to get Legendaries from it I’m not going to immediately assume they simply got money but maybe they actually put some time and work into getting that thing. They’ll still have to have money, those T6 mats and lodestones are hell, but now I’ll be less likely to assume they just swiped their card and paid for everything instead.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Might make their actual price go up if their is a considered increase cost or difficulty in getting them. the only price of precursors before is what are you willing to pay for them hence skyrocketing prices. Better question is why cant people sell ascended. it is a crafting tier with no profit or use.

Posted by: Wonderly.1324

Wonderly.1324

It’s easy to despise what you cannot have.

Perhaps that’s true. Why can’t you (the same generic you from the above quote) have it? If it’s because there’s level of skill required that you can’t meet, or if it’s because you’re not lucky enough, or if it’s because you’re not rich enough IRL, or if it’s because other players are better/faster at doing/getting xyz in the game and there’s a limited supply, and those are the reasons why, then maybe your feelings are justified, and it’s reasonable for you to despise these things and a system that prevents you from attaining them.

But what if it’s not that you CANNOT have it, but are too lazy/impatient/unwilling to attain it? If the new legendaries require a lot of time and effort but can be attained with minimal skill by everyone if they put in enough time, and there’s no time limit, then the only people who won’t have one are those that don’t want it or aren’t willing to do what it takes to get one.

I feel like the game should be designed in consideration to the first type of people, and forget about the second group, the type who are like “I want it and I want it now and I don’t want to have to work for it”

Wonderly.1324

why should a legendary take 100-1000 hours of playing? you are concerned the new legendaries will not be prestige?

just for information: i made 20 (all) legendaries in 5,300h – I didn’t use credit card. Right now you can do all the work for a Legendary by just farming gold all day long. Very boring and very easy.

I admire your skill and tenacity sir. Whether you played the tp very intelligently or ran dungeons very efficently or solo’ed and sold dungeons for profit, you have done things that (I feel anyway) does require much skill. If you didn’t do these things but found a “very easy” way of amassing gold so efficiently in such a short time without using a credit card or being ungodly lucky, please share those methods with me.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I agree with Inculpatus cedo.9234 what exactly is prestigious about a credit card? Seriously? At least now you would have actually HAD to have played the game in order to get one. That’s the difference I’m liking about it.

What got me about this whole ordeal was here we were in the forums everyday talking about the legendaries and how to get them but no one noticed that there was a huge conflict in the logic of the people like OP who supported the ability to buy them from the AH.

We’d have the 1% calling for things to be harder, calling for people to actually play the game by shaming people who didn’t have a certain gear score or a certain achievement point set in dungeons and telling people off who had just begun the game and played the class they liked in the way they liked it instead of following the Zerker crowd and who actually booted these players from groups — who then turned around and BOUGHT their precursor and the materials to make their legendary from the store to make them. If that isn’t a conflict of logic I dunno what is LOL

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I extend a little respect to people who have the Liadri miniature. That’s maybe the only prestigious item in the game that I can think of.

I know exactly what they did to earn that and there’s no work around BS exploit to do it.

Compared to that, Legendaries are a tired joke. I hope the second wave does better.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

If you make a legendary because you want to feel superior to other players then you made it for the wrong reason. You should do anything in game because you enjoy it. I make legendary weapons because I enjoy the look of them. Everyone should have access to content if they want to experience it. Gating things behind the requirement of spending ridiculous amounts of time playing or exclusive limited events only hurt people who have lives and the majority of your playerbase. If you can’t enjoy something in game because you can’t stand not being the only one that is a personal problem and in my opinion you are playing the game for the wrong reasons, perhaps as a way to feel superior to your fellow players. If that is the case then there is a place for that called PvP where you can distinguish your skills without detracting from areas of the game that should be open for everyone to experience. This is also a key part of why many people play the game, because they can do it without quitting their job and still reach goals that in other games could never be realized. Many of you look to older games that had weapons and armor that only a few dedicated souls could obtain, because they were able to ignore the real world more than other players long enough to obtain them. If you suddenly had a job and only and hour to play each day though you would also fail to manage those “feats.” That kind of prestige is draconic and only seems to push the notion that players that make the game a job deserve more than other players. By merit of being in game more they already have an advantage and now they want items that are only obtainable by them. This game wasn’t built on that notion though, and I would hope it continues to give even the most casual players a means to the same content that hardcore players can obtain more easily by spending most of their time in game.

Wonderly.1324

If you make a legendary because you want to feel superior to other players then you made it for the wrong reason. You should do anything in game because you enjoy it. I make legendary weapons because I enjoy the look of them. Everyone should have access to content if they want to experience it. Gating things behind the requirement of spending ridiculous amounts of time playing or exclusive limited events only hurt people who have lives and the majority of your playerbase. If you can’t enjoy something in game because you can’t stand not being the only one that is a personal problem and in my opinion you are playing the game for the wrong reasons, perhaps as a way to feel superior to your fellow players. If that is the case then there is a place for that called PvP where you can distinguish your skills without detracting from areas of the game that should be open for everyone to experience. This is also a key part of why many people play the game, because they can do it without quitting their job and still reach goals that in other games could never be realized. Many of you look to older games that had weapons and armor that only a few dedicated souls could obtain, because they were able to ignore the real world more than other players long enough to obtain them. If you suddenly had a job and only and hour to play each day though you would also fail to manage those “feats.” That kind of prestige is draconic and only seems to push the notion that players that make the game a job deserve more than other players. By merit of being in game more they already have an advantage and now they want items that are only obtainable by them. This game wasn’t built on that notion though, and I would hope it continues to give even the most casual players a means to the same content that hardcore players can obtain more easily by spending most of their time in game.

I’m glad you made it clear that this is just your opinion, but your opinion seems to be that there is only one “right” way to to enjoy the game- and that people should only enjoy the game a certain way.

For what it’s worth, my opinion is that everyone’s reasons for enjoying the game are equally valid, and that everyone should try to enjoy the game in whatever way suits them as long as doing so does not involve anything immoral or unethical (e.g. directly harassing other players, griefing, gloating over others, provoking others, etc.)

Some people find enjoyment through collecting items in game that are of grate worth and value in that it is desired by many but attained by few.

Awwww okay! Well, if it helps, ive always collected the rarest skins in any game ive ever played, but i keep them for my own use even if they are worth a ton of money. I just like getting the Oooos and Ahhhs from other players!

My opinion is that this is not a morally or ethically wrong desire, and the needs of such players should be considered as well. I’m not saying that everything, every item in this game should be designed for such a purpose, but I don’t think that it is unreasonable to ask that at least some such items exist in the game, and the name “legendary” would seem to imply that it is the most fit.

As for your concern about time commitment and effort, that is not a valid reason because there will be no time limit. Even for casual players that have a job, a family, and other irl responsibilities and can only play a couple hours a week can get a legendary weapon, it’ll just take them much longer- a year, maybe a few years. There will not exist any players who absolutely CAN’T attain a legendary because they lack a certain level of skill, because they can’t out compete other players, or because they aren’t able to spend a certain amount of hours in the game within a set period of time- the only players who won’t have legendaries are those who don’t want one or those who are not willing to do what everyone else is willing to do to get one. IMO it would be unwise for the game to cater to the type of players who are impatient and have the “I want it and I want it now but I’m not willing to work for it” attitude because when those same players get what they want easily they get bored and move on to a different game. It would be much wiser to cater to the audience of players who are willing to put in a thousand hours of play time for a single weapon, because whether these players put in those hours by playing 8 hours a day for a few months or a few hours a day for a few years, they show more commitment and dedication to the game.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

OP Im happy that this thread have turned you away from this is a bad idea, to its a good one if it takes time and effort.

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

“Because you wanted it enough to go through XXX to get it” is the whole model though. You can’t be mad at someone who wanted it more and was willing to do more to get it, whether that ‘do more’ is spending their extra disposable income or their ‘do more’ was go through all the hoops to craft their own.

Edit: Note that I’m one of those who hasn’t been willing to put in the effort :p

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I extend a little respect to people who have the Liadri miniature. That’s maybe the only prestigious item in the game that I can think of.

I know exactly what they did to earn that and there’s no work around BS exploit to do it.

Actually, during her second release, the lifesteal exploit was popular for about 2 weeks before being fixed.

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

having a legendary weapon, or any other top gear item, is always something that a faithful gamer looks to have in any given game. That should be reacheable to any player in that game by simple effort and playing hours, and not for how large your wallet is, or how big your guild is.

Me, i dont mind if i get one or not, because i would trade all legendaries in the game for being able to play the game i wish gw2 to be.

Having my friends back in gw2 to play with me, is my legendary and, for that, i just want HoT to be a great expansion and the start of gw2 journey to higher grounds in the mmorpg genre.

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

I’m concerned that with precursor crafting, legendary weapons will lose the exclusivity associated with them.

Exclusive you say? Exclusive things are generally not so easily found for sale. Account bound is the best thing to happen to Legendaries.

Less people have Liadri Title than Legendaries. Tying Legendaries to in-game accomplishments is better than any RNG or arbitrary gold-cost to workaround bad RNG.

Attachments:

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Or, we can skip the whole hoopla, and go straight to time investment without irritating many players on the way.

You are assuming that the “time investment” does not irritate many players…

I’d call it necessary evil. Without some “difficulty” we might as well forget about legendaries, and just treat those as normal exotics with especially flashy skins. At this moment (barring the precursor problem, of course) these are at a rather good balance point, where if you really want them, you can get them.

Like, for example, using life steal to kill her in the first phase?
…oh wait.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

It’s easy to despise what you cannot have.

I think the appropriate line is “familiarity breeds contempt.” /sagenod
They’re everywhere, and they don’t even look good, and every time I hear that godsforsaken bronybow, I want to commit felonies.
“Cannot have” doesn’t even rate in the top 10 of reasons why legendaries don’t matter.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Hitomi Shadowleaf.5629

Hitomi Shadowleaf.5629

Nope. I see Legendaries everywhere. What makes having a credit card prestigious?

As a person who didn’t spent a dime of real money in more then 2 years i find my minstrel really prestigious.

How are you alive right now? No food in 2 years should of killed you.

hazenvirus.8154

I’m glad you made it clear that this is just your opinion, but your opinion seems to be that there is only one “right” way to to enjoy the game- and that people should only enjoy the game a certain way.

For what it’s worth, my opinion is that everyone’s reasons for enjoying the game are equally valid, and that everyone should try to enjoy the game in whatever way suits them as long as doing so does not involve anything immoral or unethical (e.g. directly harassing other players, griefing, gloating over others, provoking others, etc.)

Some people find enjoyment through collecting items in game that are of grate worth and value in that it is desired by many but attained by few.

All I said is that you should probably play a game to have fun. If you don’t play the game to have fun, but instead as a way to feel superior to other people, I think you might want to seek help.

If the aqusition of virtual items to feed a superiority complex is how you have fun though, then great I guess. I think that is a poor way to find enjoyment and ultimately futile and empty, but it is your choice.

I think precursor crafting and account bound legendaries is a good thing, but I don’t want crafting a legendary to become impossible for casual players. This is because prestige doesn’t bother me or affect my personal enjoyment from creating, playing, and improving my character as well as interacting with other players to accomplish that.

Wonderly.1324

All I said is that you should probably play a game to have fun. If you don’t play the game to have fun, but instead as a way to feel superior to other people, I think you might want to seek help.

If the aqusition of virtual items to feed a superiority complex is how you have fun though, then great I guess. I think that is a poor way to find enjoyment and ultimately futile and empty, but it is your choice.

I think precursor crafting and account bound legendaries is a good thing, but I don’t want crafting a legendary to become impossible for casual players. This is because prestige doesn’t bother me or affect my personal enjoyment from creating, playing, and improving my character as well as interacting with other players to accomplish that.

And all I’m saying is that some players find enjoyment in collecting items of values. In a virtual game where everything is pixels, worth is relative to what people desire. I never said anything about a desire to feel superior to others; that was an incorrect assumption you made. I think if you constantly judge others who are different than yourself as inferior to you, perhaps you might want to seek help.

I think that precursor crafting and account bound legendaries is a good thing, and I also don’t want crafting a legendary to become impossible for casual players. However, I do think that it should take much longer for someone who plays only a few hours a week and spends only half that time progression towards their legendary than it does for someone who invests 6 hours a day into the game focusing every bit of it onto their goal of obtaining a legendary. Be it a thousand hours playing hours every night for a few months or a thousand hours playing a couple hours a week for a few years, it would be possible for anyone, even “causal players”, to obtain a legendary. What I DON’T want is something that I can accomplish within a couple weeks, and everyone else can attain within a couple weeks, because to me that requires no commitment, effort, or investment into the game and hardly feels “legendary” or worthwhile. It has nothing to do with being “better than” someone else or a “superiority complex”, as you love to so blindly criticize.

hazenvirus.8154

And all I’m saying is that some players find enjoyment in collecting items of values. In a virtual game where everything is pixels, worth is relative to what people desire. I never said anything about a desire to feel superior to others; that was an incorrect assumption you made. I think if you constantly judge others who are different than yourself as inferior to you, perhaps you might want to seek help.

I think that precursor crafting and account bound legendaries is a good thing, and I also don’t want crafting a legendary to become impossible for casual players. However, I do think that it should take much longer for someone who plays only a few hours a week and spends only half that time progression towards their legendary than it does for someone who invests 6 hours a day into the game focusing every bit of it onto their goal of obtaining a legendary. Be it a thousand hours playing hours every night for a few months or a thousand hours playing a couple hours a week for a few years, it would be possible for anyone, even “causal players”, to obtain a legendary. What I DON’T want is something that I can accomplish within a couple weeks, and everyone else can attain within a couple weeks, because to me that requires no commitment, effort, or investment into the game and hardly feels “legendary” or worthwhile. It has nothing to do with being “better than” someone else or a “superiority complex”, as you love to so blindly criticize.

That’s great, but I was not personally attacking you. I was referring to such players in a general sense. I do find it ironic, however considering your last statement, that you enjoy collecting items of “value”, think current legendary weapons are not prestigious because players can obtain them by supporting the game or playing less than you, and it ruins your fun enough that you feel the need to ask for it to be more difficult for players that don’t invest as much time, but are capable of making more gold.

I would argue spending $500 on the game requires equal investment to playing long enough to make that amount. The problem is playing Guild Wars 2 as a job doesn’t make me enough money per hour to warrant me doing it as a 2nd job. If you are capable of making more money in game than someone is willing to spend then you will probably accomplish the task quicker anyway. From the sound of HoT you will have your wish anyway forcing players to spend an equal amount of time as you for some of the tasks. In the end though there will still be a lot of legendary weapons and in a year you will feel the same, the feeling that your legendary weapons have no value because other people have them. The fun for you is in having something other people don’t then is it not?

I think I guessed pretty close to the truth even if my statement is not entirely accurate.

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

why should a legendary take 100-1000 hours of playing? you are concerned the new legendaries will not be prestige?

just for information: i made 20 (all) legendaries in 5,300h – I didn’t use credit card. Right now you can do all the work for a Legendary by just farming gold all day long. Very boring and very easy.

Sorry but when did you start playing and farming?

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

Why Guild Wars 2 Legendaries aren’t Legendary.

The original set were poorly designed for acquisition. The very first one that sold on the trading post made it only an expensive, non prestigious skin to me. I’ve never bothered to try for one.

They are no longer rare. They are certainly not unique with every other person having one and the only hard to obtain part is the Legendary RNG for the precursor.

Not the best link to post. The author’s points are so outdated its laughable.

Legendaries will still be the best skin to acquire, and if anything they may become more prestigious now that you can’t acquire the full thing through gems alone.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I can’t be bothered with them with the current system; let alone if they made them more time intensive.

I know it’s an MMO and so a certain amount of crafting is to be expected, but I don’t play games to craft.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Tigaseye.2047

If the new lengendarys are like most of the old ones, I’m still not interested in them: a disco ball on a stick, a party gun, a bow that shoots unicorns etc. Most of this are joke shop items at best more suited to April 1st.

Yeah, they’re cute (almost sickeningly so, in some cases!), but they should just have been sold as skins in the store; not touted as legendaries.

In fact, personally, if I were ANet, I would just produce a few more really pretty weapon skins for the store (most of the ones available ATM are pretty underwhelming, TBH), that can also be crafted (for people who have far more time than they do RL money) and be done with it.

Game isn’t supposed to be a gear grind, after all, so stick with that premise.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

The legendary weapons lost their legendary status as soon as they got available for sell on the TP.

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Meh never liked most of the Legendary Weapon designs anyways which is why I never bothered to get them.

Ya they’re good for vanity but that what they’re mostly best for…

Vanity.

If the weapon has good stats then the stats is just a bonus for my point of view.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

If the new lengendarys are like most of the old ones, I’m still not interested in them: a disco ball on a stick, a party gun, a bow that shoots unicorns etc. Most of this are joke shop items at best more suited to April 1st.

Yeah, they’re cute (almost sickeningly so, in some cases!), but they should just have been sold as skins in the store; not touted as legendaries.

In fact, personally, if I were ANet I would just produce a few more really pretty weapon skins for the store (most of the ones ATM are pretty underwhelming, TBH), that can also be crafted (for people who have far more time than they do RL money) and be done with it.

Your right not a gear grind but a skin grind the differance is you have to do the former not the later

Tigaseye.2047

In fact, personally, if I were ANet I would just produce a few more really pretty weapon skins for the store (most of the ones ATM are pretty underwhelming, TBH), that can also be crafted (for people who have far more time than they do RL money) and be done with it.

Your right not a gear grind but a skin grind the differance is you have to do the former not the later

Ugh, well I guess…

Except, when you make most of the endgame about looks progression, you risk making people feel obliged to do that grind, to get the skins, even if they don’t want to.

So, although it is marginally better than a conventional gear grind, as it is not absolutely needed for further progression, it’s still potentially not so very different (or not really different enough).

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Reply to the opening post: Oh please. When were legendary weapons ever legendary?

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Very boring indeed but not easy as that is extremely time consuming, the majority of the playerbase would never be able to pull off what you did as an average person with daily chores.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

I’m concerned that with precursor crafting, legendary weapons will lose the exclusivity associated with them. Part of the allure of such weapons for some players is that they are desired by many, yet attained by few. The old system has many drawbacks, but one advantage is that by controlling the precursor drop rate, the prevalence of legendary weapons can be controlled. If the drop rate of precursors is %0.01, then only the top %99.99 richest (or luckiest) players will have a certain legendary. A similar principle exists in PvP, where only the top x players on the leaderboard are awarded with mini llamas or glorious hero’s armor.

I believe that an account-bound precursor/legendary crafting would be an improved system if the requirements were extremely time intensive. I think that making the new legendaries exclusive by using time investment as an artificial limiter is the best solution. I think the new process should take at least 4-6 months and several hundred to a thousand hours to complete. This should deter everyone but the most patient and invested of players, and is “fair” in the sense that everyone can work on it at their own pace without losing progress and it is attainable to everyone who is willing to do so. It’s also fair in the sense that anyone who has one of the new account-bound legendaries will have gone through the same process.

its been over 2 years now and will probably be over 3 when HOT is released… that’s more than time sensitive enough. Most people who want a legendary have it already. Even casuals.

I have 3 and almost a 4th and I casually play and went almost a year without internet. Gold isn’t as hard to farm as people make it out to be.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Legendary weapons are not legendary now as you can just buy them with Visa,but in HoT new ones will be account bound making them truly legendary

Wonderly.1324

Ugh, well I guess…

Except, when you make most of the endgame about looks progression, you risk making people feel obliged to do that grind, to get the skins, even if they don’t want to.

So, although it is marginally better than a conventional gear grind, as it is not absolutely needed for further progression, it’s still potentially not so very different (or not really different enough).

No, there is an objective difference between grinding for stats and grinding for cosmetics. If you try to run the Arah dungeon in level 60 greens or join a fractal 50 group without AR, you will be obliterated or kicked from the party. If you try to run those dungeons with the appropriate stat gear looking like a hot mess, people might snicker at you or you might feel like a clown but you’ll do just fine. The difference is that a stats gear grind is required for you to enjoy certain content in the game, while cosmetics is optional regardless of your “feelings” of being pressured.

Also, I respect your desire for more options in the gem store and I suppose more options for everyone won’t ever be a bad thing. However, I feel like the more they do to make a clear and separate distinction between where skins come from, the better. I understand not all players are this way, but some players feel a greater sense of satisfaction obtaining skins through specific gameplay requirements. As many people have demonstrated with their “legendaries are meaningless because [even theoretically] anyone can swipe a credit card for gems for gold for a legendary” protest. So what I’m saying is, sure, add more gem store skins, but make them exclusive to the gem store (giving people the ever-present option of converting gold to gems of course). And also add more skins that are exclusive to gameplay, for the rest of us.

hazenvirus.8154

Ugh, well I guess…

No, there is an objective difference between grinding for stats and grinding for cosmetics. If you try to run the Arah dungeon in level 60 greens or join a fractal 50 group without AR, you will be obliterated or kicked from the party. If you try to run those dungeons with the appropriate stat gear looking like a hot mess, people might snicker at you or you might feel like a clown but you’ll do just fine. The difference is that a stats gear grind is required for you to enjoy certain content in the game, while cosmetics is optional regardless of your “feelings” of being pressured.

Also, I respect your desire for more options in the gem store and I suppose more options for everyone won’t ever be a bad thing. However, I feel like the more they do to make a clear and separate distinction between where skins come from, the better. I understand not all players are this way, but some players feel a greater sense of satisfaction obtaining skins through specific gameplay requirements. As many people have demonstrated with their “legendaries are meaningless because [even theoretically] anyone can swipe a credit card for gems for gold for a legendary” protest. So what I’m saying is, sure, add more gem store skins, but make them exclusive to the gem store (giving people the ever-present option of converting gold to gems of course). And also add more skins that are exclusive to gameplay, for the rest of us.

I’ve got bad news…

Did you know people buy and sell accounts too, how do we prove you didn’t buy that account with all the gen 2 legendaries?

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

Ugh, well I guess…

I’ve got bad news…

Did you know people buy and sell accounts too, how do we prove you didn’t buy that account with all the gen 2 legendaries?

You can’t, but I’m not worried, that’s a fairly trumped up concern.

You can just buy accounts, so doesn’t that mean that you can never trust any ingame achievement ever?

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Never legendary to begin with just a grind and probably will still be a grind