Legendarys Easier? what?

Legendarys Easier? what?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

Legendarys are already too easy, why make them easier? These are supposed to be “LEGENDARY” weapons, not something handed out by walking around a few zones collecting stuff. They needed to increase the difficulty of obtaining legendarys. That or make Ancient Legendarys for those of us that actually want a challenge. Make them 5-10x Harder to obtain then current legendarys.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

Please inform me exactly what is hard about making a legendary? I think the word you are looking for is tedious.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Easy if you have thousands upon thousands of gold to just throw around freely. Not everybody has the time to spend hundreds of hours farming for gold and/or cash for a legendary.

The majority of players find precursors in particular to be the nail in the coffin in getting their legendary, and ArenaNet is responding to that.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Do we know how:

a) the precursors are going to be obtained, in detail?
b) how the new Legendary weapons will be crafted?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Sebastian.4610

Please inform me exactly what is hard about making a legendary? I think the word you are looking for is tedious.

I didnt say anything about it being hard, i said it needs to be hard.

Easy if you have thousands upon thousands of gold to just throw around freely. Not everybody has the time to spend hundreds of hours farming for gold and/or cash for a legendary.

The majority of players find precursors in particular to be the nail in the coffin in getting their legendary, and ArenaNet is responding to that.

And im saying it should be harder, these are supposed to be LEGENDARY weapons meaning it should be hard as all hell to obtain them.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

I hope they don’t conflate “consistent” with “easy”.

I would much rather the precursor require a really challenging fight or objective to meet over random chance or tedium.

So, say in order to get a specific item for your precursor, you must do a specific fight and do the fight fulfilling a specific requirement in order to make that fight drop a specific item that can’t be obtained otherwise… something similar to that.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

The precursor collections will not be easier, as they are precursors. In fact, this system is likely to be harder than grinding gold (which isn’t hard to beat). Nothing about grinding gold is hard.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Sebastian.4610

The precursor collections will not be easier, as they are precursors. In fact, this system is likely to be harder than grinding gold (which isn’t hard to beat).

Grinding gold is easy, they are handing out legendarys now because social casual gamers cry. They dont want to put the time in to earn what everybody else has. They want it now and without a challenge.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Well seeing as the precursor “crafting” will be using the collections, I’m sure it will have at least some kittening RNG aspect to it, like Sam and Arah pendant… so it will still be “hard”.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Legendaries ceased to be “legendary” the instant it was available for purchase using in-game gold. So basically, it was never legendary.

RNG doesn’t make something legendary or more of a “status symbol”, and it’s a large component of the crafting process.

edit: slightly rephrased for clarity.

(edited by Rashy.4165)

Legendarys Easier? what?

Sebastian.4610

Legendaries ceased to be “legendary” the instant it was available for purchase using in-game gold. So basically, never.

RNG doesn’t make something legendary or more of a “status symbol”, and it’s a large component of the crafting process.

I agree with this, thats why they need to be harder to obtain.

Legendarys Easier? what?

gaspara.4079

And im saying it should be harder, these are supposed to be LEGENDARY weapons meaning it should be hard as all hell to obtain them.[/quote]

Completing a collection will certainly be harder than rng or farming gold, so I’m not sure where you are getting the idea that they are making it easier.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

1. Legendary is a tier not a status.
2. Legendaries is a tier not a status.
3. stop getting hung on the name “legendary” it is just a tier not a status.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Sebastian.4610

And im saying it should be harder, these are supposed to be LEGENDARY weapons meaning it should be hard as all hell to obtain them.

Completing a collection will certainly be harder than rng or farming gold, so I’m not sure where you are getting the idea that they are making it easier.
[/quote]

And im saying it needs to be harder. Read the entire post, not a few words.

Legendarys Easier? what?

TheDaiBish.9735

How can you make the claim it needs to be harder when you don’t even know what it entails yet?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Legendarys Easier? what?

gaspara.4079

[/quote]

How would you like to make them harder? There really isn’t that much hard content in this game. If your looking for a hardcore challenge this isn’t really the game for you.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Rashy.4165

The precursor collections will not be easier, as they are precursors. In fact, this system is likely to be harder than grinding gold (which isn’t hard to beat).

Grinding gold is easy, they are handing out legendarys now because social casual gamers cry. They dont want to put the time in to earn what everybody else has. They want it now and without a challenge.

Far from the truth.

What people want is a guaranteed way of getting a precursor. Right now, the only available methods are: relying on RNG (good luck), or farming gold to pay for someone elses luck. What people want is a third option: to work for their precursor through a scavenger hunt. Think Mawdrey – that required so many different components and steps, and a good portion of it was a scavenger hunt for items all over the world. People actually put enough effort into it to the point where they affectionately refer to Mawdrey II as a pet/person, and worry about her not eating too much.

The Luminescent armor collections is another example that combined RNG and guaranteed effort. You could either rely on RNG for the Carapace armor, or buy most of it for crests (guaranteed with time). You could either rely on RNG for the Mordrem parts, or buy the guaranteed part extractor. The remaining items are a matter of Story achievements, a guaranteed item which you need to hunt down/buy and then imbue after a successful boss kill, and an item you get for doing events in the SW (which really takes little time).

THAT is what people want for Precursors. Something to work towards, something that takes substantial effort.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Sebastian.4610

Far from the truth.

What people want is a guaranteed way of getting a precursor. Right now, the only available methods are: relying on RNG (good luck), or farming gold to pay for someone elses luck. What people want is a third option: to work for their precursor through a scavenger hunt. Think Mawdrey – that required so many different components and steps, and a good portion of it was a scavenger hunt for items all over the world. People actually put enough effort into it to the point where they affectionately refer to Mawdrey II as a pet/person, and worry about her not eating too much.

The Luminescent armor collections is another example that combined RNG and guaranteed effort. You could either rely on RNG for the Carapace armor, or buy most of it for crests (guaranteed with time). You could either rely on RNG for the Mordrem parts, or buy the guaranteed part extractor. The remaining items are a matter of Story achievements, a guaranteed item which you need to hunt down/buy and then imbue after a successful boss kill, and an item you get for doing events in the SW (which really takes little time).

THAT is what people want for Precursors. Something to work towards, something that takes substantial effort.

so basically ur saying they just want it handed to them.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Rashy.4165

I’m done. Obvious troll is obvious.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: SilverThorn.5047

SilverThorn.5047

Who said crafting legendary weapons will be easier? They are just making a sure shot way of crafting towards the precursor. There are still some elements of legendary crafting that are too darn expensive. Also they made it as a part of collections so that we do not overload our inventories. Speaking of collections they will definitely require high amounts of mats and other stuff which would upscale/downscale the price of precursors to the height Anet seems fit.

I am very comfortable with this system as it gives a feel of progression and not a ton of mindless hours of grinding events and cleaning lot of garbage off inventories and hoarding on a bunch of mystic forge ingredients. The legendary weapons are not for showcase or to show off “i play more/better than you.” They are more of a reward from long hours of dedication and a goal. Anyways their decision is made based on majority who are in favour. A few whiners won’t stop the tide :P
cheers

Main: Silverthorn Ventus – swift as the wind, sharp as a thorn
Alt: Mulciber Ironbarrel – The fire creates as much as it destroys

Legendarys Easier? what?

TheDaiBish.9735

Far from the truth.

Where did you get that from?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Sebastian.4610

im not trolling, i just disagree with you. That method of obtaining it is too easy.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Rashy.4165

Far from the truth.

Where did you get that from?

My guess is lack of reading comprehension.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: Niyati.4215

Niyati.4215

Easy? I’ve been playing this game since beta 1 and i still haven’t got that mythical item called a precursor. Yes, i farm a lot. So tell me how it’s easy without spending 1 gold just to get the first item needed to create a Legendary. I don’t have 10k gold like you where i can buy precursor’s off of the TP.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: Tron.3471

Tron.3471

im not trolling, i just disagree with you. That method of obtaining it is too easy.

This method we still no nothing about?? We dont know how involved the new method of obtaining a precursor will be. Why do people keep making threads complaining about things that we have no idea about. Stop being a troll on the forum please.

Legendarys Easier? what?

TheDaiBish.9735

Expand your mind.

They’re not saying that the process should be exactly the same. They’re drawing comparisons.

They’re saying that the method for getting precursors would be a lot better if it was similar to Mawdrey and the Luminescent armour- that is, going out into the world, completing content, gathering rare components etc – rather than relying completely on RNG.

Since we have no idea what the new precursor acquisition entails, how can you say it’s too easy?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: SilverThorn.5047

SilverThorn.5047

you know who keeps saying “harder harder” all the time? ones who have not had enough :P

Also the collectible stuff ensured that the player base was widespread and not just selling Arah paths all day

Main: Silverthorn Ventus – swift as the wind, sharp as a thorn
Alt: Mulciber Ironbarrel – The fire creates as much as it destroys

Legendarys Easier? what?

Sebastian.4610

Expand your mind.

They’re not saying that the process should be exactly the same. They’re drawing comparisons.

They’re saying that the method for getting precursors would be a lot better if it was similar to Mawdrey and the Luminescent armour- that is, going out into the world, completing content, gathering rare components etc – rather than relying completely on RNG.

Since we have no idea what the new precursor acquisition entails, how can you say it’s too easy?

Because everything pve based in this game is easy.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

He might be saying the Mawdrey approach is too easy. I disagree; I liked that approach a lot. There were lots of challenges to complete; some were not hard as fights go, but might require a group, or depend on a meta chain, or doing puzzles of some kind. I found that much more interesting and fun than just farming whatever to gather 250 of this or that.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Rashy.4165

This method we still no nothing about?? We dont know how involved the new method of obtaining a precursor will be. Why do people keep making threads complaining about things that we have no idea about. Stop being a troll on the forum please.

ArenaNet has dropped hints as to what it could be. They’ve mentioned the Luminescent armor collections alongside it, so there may be some similarities (obvious more collection items required perhaps, and we don’t know how those items will be obtained). Either way, I’d rather spent 2 months completing a collection than farming gold to buy the precursor. Gives much more of a sense of accomplishment to work towards it.

Legendarys Easier? what?

TheDaiBish.9735

Expand your mind.

Translation: Legendaries should be confined to PvP.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: darkm.4839

darkm.4839

There are a handful of players who cry that legendaries are “too easy” to make. I imagine these people are the same sorts of people who scoff at anyone who died once in Dark Souls and insist that it’s way too easy of a game when you get the hang of it.

I’ve been put off of making legendaries for a long time because of how tedious and resource intensive it is making them. It’s not “easy,” I’ve been at it for months and months. If you have any way I can get the materials as easily as you did, please enlighten me.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Precursers are the problem for most people. This isn’t even the most expensive part if you buy everything outright and put it together.

They are giving you the option to craft them, 1 precurser of each type per account. Most likely they will be account bound because of this. Also, it is most likely the rest of the Legendary crafting process will remain the same. You just now have the ability to craft the Pre instead of trying RNG or buying off TP. The mats to craft the pre will most likely be between 500 & 1k gold to buy mats outright (depends on which pre). This is because they will not, as they never have, want to hurt the market and tank current pre’s prices. Might be a little cheaper in mats than buying a pre outright, but probably not much. The price difference will come in with time spent having to unlock the ability to even craft the thing.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

Legendarys Easier? what?

Malthurius.6870

I’ve been put off of making legendaries for a long time because of how tedious and resource intensive it is making them. It’s not “easy,” I’ve been at it for months and months. If you have any way I can get the materials as easily as you did, please enlighten me.

Well… Tedious=/=Hard

Time shouldn’t be the one and only gate for a legendary; skill should be part of it too. Mind you, I’ve never had a legendary, but I don’t like the fact that you can be a terrible player and still have what should be a “prestige item”.

It’s not a good thing that when I see a player with a legendary and think nothing of them… sometimes I think less of them if they actually prove to be incompetent.

(edited by Malthurius.6870)

Legendarys Easier? what?

Sebastian.4610

Well… Tedious=/=Hard

Time shouldn’t be the one and only gate for a legendary; skill should be part of it too. Mind you, I’ve never had a legendary, but I don’t like the fact that you can be a terrible player and still have what should be a “prestige item”.

I like this guy

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

^ This. There are atrocious players with legendaries. Getting them isn’t hard:

1. Gold grind to buy
2. RNG success
3. Credit card hero

I don’t really mind one way or another. I do a lot of farming and bought my precursors before they spiked in price. I don’t think Legendaries are difficult to obtain. When dealing with RNG, time is the limiting factor.

I support making them genuinely more challenging in the way of a skill based challenge. Everyone can’t have everything though. They just can’t. People complained about not being able to get Liadri’s mini or the title. Well, the only way to get it is to beat her. If you can’t beat her, you can’t get the mini. Should be same for the legendaries.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

(edited by Saint.5647)

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: darkm.4839

darkm.4839

Well… Tedious=/=Hard

I can understand what you’re saying here.
Normally when people complain that it’s too easy it almost sounds as though they’re demanding a change to current legendaries to make it harder. Maybe it’s not their intent, but that’s always what it ends up sounding like.

What I think could be cool is if the current legendaries stay as-is, and they add a couple new ultimate legendaries which require you to get gifts from all of the dungeons and even do fractals to a certain level, and more.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Rashy.4165

Well… Tedious=/=Hard

It’s not a good thing that when I see a player with a legendary and think nothing of them… sometimes I think less of them if they actually prove to be incompetent.

The precursor collections could very well be an implementation of just that. We don’t know the details of that yet, all we know is that it could be a collection. One or more, or even all, of the collection items could require stripping off a component after defeating a hard-to-defeat boss.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I’m all for legendaries being less tedious to get.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Legendarys Easier? what?

Malthurius.6870

The precursor collections could very well be an implementation of just that. We don’t know the details of that yet, all we know is that it could be a collection. One or more, or even all, of the collection items could require stripping off a component after defeating a hard-to-defeat boss.

So, say in order to get a specific item for your precursor, you must do a specific fight and do the fight fulfilling a specific requirement in order to make that fight drop a specific item that can’t be obtained otherwise… something similar to that.

This is my hope, but we’ll see… the worst thing they could do is just make the collections required rare random drops… then we’ll just be trading 1 extremely rare drop for many slightly more common drops.

I can understand what you’re saying here.
Normally when people complain that it’s too easy it almost sounds as though they’re demanding a change to current legendaries to make it harder. Maybe it’s not their intent, but that’s always what it ends up sounding like.

I would prefer if the tedium was removed in favor of a skill bar to reach or surpass; so that the work is similar, but requires a different resource other than just time.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: Egg Shennn.6240

Egg Shennn.6240

Perhaps for those that don’t actually have lives but for people who aren’t able to play several hours every day of the year, grinding the amount of gold needed for Legendary weapons is far from “easy”. Some people want to play the game without it being like a job (MUST grind for hours everyday to earn enough gold!!).

Trying to make casual players seem like whiners is pretty elitist of you. With work, a wife, life, I probably average an hour of gaming per day each week. I’ll normally try and do a couple dungeon paths and other things, making progress on alts, etc, and that means I make a few gold in a day. A year of steady play like that wouldn’t even get me close to what 1 Legendary costs. As for drops, I’ve never had a precursor drop, let alone even have anything worth more than 3 gold drop.

I’ve been playing since the pre-launch and had initially hoped to work towards being able to get one, but have just felt the legendary dream get farther and farther out of reach as time has progressed. I’m no closer now than a year ago. I do hope that getting a precursor does end up more doable in HoT. With the current “ease” of getting a legendary, I won’t have one before 2020.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

What they need to do, and I think a lot of people are hinting this is make the new legendary weapons account bound! Unsaleable! Give the skins some prestige! I personally have a legendary that i actually made (no gem-gold converting), bought the precursor through a lot of grinding (I would say work but..) But what really is the difference between me and mr/mrs 12 year old (300 AP)with parents that have a large credit limit? Absolutely nothing… “Gotta hate that I got a legendary I feel so special! oh wait no i don’t…”
I’ll stop my rant there.. ha ha. Short version please don’t let us sell them. The end.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Grinding is not “Challenging”
Grinding is “Boring”
So I’m all for the new mastery system, asking you to do “NUMEROUS DIFFERENT ASPECTS OF GAME” a better alternative.
It wouldn’t be easy, and it wouldn’t take any less time than grinding, but at least it’s not “boring”

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

And here is why legendary should be quite easy to get.

You said it yourself, every bloody thing in this game is a cakewalk.
People playing this game like it that way. And they also want legendaries (which is just a classification, which has absolutely no value).

Hand them out for free, it wouldn’t hurt the game a bit. Just sayin’…

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

People seem to be assuming that “precursors from collections” is going to be the same thing as just some other random collection in the game now. Buy a few things from the TP, maybe a few things from karma vendors, boom, precursor.

And I really doubt that’s going to happen in that way. More than likely, its going to be more similar to the Luminescent Armor collections, where you’re required to do specific tasks to get specific account-bound items that will span the whole of the game in order to eventually complete the collection and get your prize. And I’d wager its probably more involved than Luminescent armor to boot, I’m sure.

In fact, I remember the devs specifically comparing them to Luminescent Armor at some point, though I can’t be bothered to look up a source for that.

So no, its not going to be “easier”. In fact, I think its going to be more difficult and feel more rewarding than the current method. Its just going to be less “throw millions of items into the forge and pray” or “grind your butt off for gold to afford it from the TP”.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: Egg Shennn.6240

Egg Shennn.6240

I don’t think people just want everything to be easy, they just want that there is a realistic chance to feel rewarded in the game and right now that isn’t the case. I rarely ever see an exotic anything drop, let alone a precursor. I have to be excited to see a rare since I only see one of those about once a week. I think most people want to be rewarded for facing challenges, but when you just get some crap blues and greens as your rewards, it doesn’t feel very rewarding…

Legendarys Easier? what?

Rashy.4165

Found it:

MMORPG: Let’s talk about precursors! My favorite topic! Is it going to be sort of like Luminescent Armor, where you do a bunch of little things and it all comes together?

CJ: I think the Luminescent Armor collections are a really great example of the type of thing we can do in the game now with the collection system. When we originally talked about adding precursors and the ability to work toward them (“A long, long time ago”), it was always with this in mind. We had a plan, we decided to do collections, and felt like collections were just a much better way to do what we wanted to do with precursors than what our original plan was.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/9340/page/2

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

I believe the difficulty to obtain a precursor should not change. The RNG aspect should be reduced though.
Don’t kid yourself. This will be another attempt at forcing players to PvP.
Legendarys will simply be unobtainable to a different group of players.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: RunicAura.9860

RunicAura.9860

honestly I think the system that they are putting into effect more closely resembles the legendary name. I mean at this point if your lucky you can stumble on a legendary precurser from anywhere. But is super rare. when somebody says legendary to me I think Ok an epic quest at the end of the quest, with lots of lore, a weapon befitting my character awaits. The way things are now I have to be lucky to get a precurser and then extra lucky if it is one I will actually use. Then I have to complete map 100% to be able to turn that precurser into a legendary. Not really how I view getting a legendary item . I mean it’s possible that the precurser is a family item passed down through ages and needs to be recharged but ya know epic quest sounds so much more fun.

Legendarys Easier? what?

Posted by: Vix DeWynter.1846

Vix DeWynter.1846

Legendarys are already too easy, why make them easier? These are supposed to be “LEGENDARY” weapons, not something handed out by walking around a few zones collecting stuff. They needed to increase the difficulty of obtaining legendarys. That or make Ancient Legendarys for those of us that actually want a challenge. Make them 5-10x Harder to obtain then current legendarys.

No one cares about what you want, neither what you think, if you don’t like this method just do use it, or better, stop playing this game and go to a grinding game.