Let's talk: Underwater content in HoT

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Anet you mind sharing with us the direction that Under Water combat and content will change in HoT?

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

i dont know why anet build up the under water system. also the underwater legendary. those are waste.

how many people will spend their game time on under water ? 1/50???

why anet not think about the get new race for under water?? like largo race.
and have main base at under water??

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/a/a2/Largos_Hunter_concept_art.jpg/200px-Largos_Hunter_concept_art.jpg

and how many players made their underwater legendary? 10%?

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

I’m not expecting much to change for underwater combat, if anything at all. Other than they’ll probably program less underwater locations in the new maps.

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

If underwater combat is broken (I say if because I’ve never had a problem with it unless I wasn’t making sure to keep an eye above and below me as well as to the sides) then I can see them addressing it when they get around to the Deep Sea Dragon since it’ll not only have its own expansion (probably) but living story building up to it as well and I would hope a majority of that is spent under water.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

It seems like any water in the expansion may just be for scenic uses, sadly.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I have a feeling underwater content will be, for the main part, ignored for Heart of Thorns, but I do have a feeling that they’ll work on it after HoT is released. I feel it’s only a matter of time because there’s lots of potential in it, it’s just I think there’s been more important things to address.

My prediction is for underwater content getting an overhaul towards the end of this year or early next year.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Twonineone.3490

Twonineone.3490

What the hell is the problem with underwater, now? -.-
Underwater world it’s amazing and, yes, it has just a scenic role, so what bother you?

i dont know why anet build up the under water system. also the underwater legendary. those are waste.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/a/a2/Largos_Hunter_concept_art.jpg/200px-Largos_Hunter_concept_art.jpg

You say that the underwater game is a waste, but you want a race that can be played underwater most than anything else?

I hope that will be an underwater content in HoT, just to see how amazing it is.
And please, guys, don’t complain for everything -.-

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Under water combat in Guild Wars 2, is the best under water combat I have seen in any game in my entire life.

They have created a wonderful platform to build upon with under water combat, and Guild Wars 2 is the first game where I actually don’t mind diving into the water and fighting for a while.

As I said though…. I don’t mind it….. and its Anet’s job to change that into I enjoy it…. but they seem to be steering players away from underwater combat, since they remove it from the game every chance they get.

A bit of polishing would go a long way, and if the development team finished what they started with under water combat, I would actually enjoy it quite a bit.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

What the hell is the problem with underwater, now? -.-
Underwater world it’s amazing and, yes, it has just a scenic role, so what bother you?

You say that the underwater game is a waste, but you want a race that can be played underwater most than anything else?

I hope that will be an underwater content in HoT, just to see how amazing it is.
And please, guys, don’t complain for everything -.-

I don’t think JUN is complaining about the underwater content, more that it isn’t being developed to a better potential and thus those of us with a legendary UW may feel like we wasted our time. He/She’s suggesting a new race would help invigorate it.

I will doubt UW content will get any focus in patch, but I am hoping to be utterly wrong. I saw some great ideas involving the Ring of Fire and there is potential for UW biomes there.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Under water content is too hard and doesn’t fit into the NPE.

Seriously though, I’d love for under water combat to be fixed and brought back into the mainstream. Before the launch of the game, it was advertised as a breakthu and something to really look forward to in the game. I think they just ran out of time during production and had to release a half finished product for under water and have never made the time to go back and fix it (probably because they feel their players have all but abandoned the idea as well).

The day they removed the large water section of WvW I knew it wasn’t going to be fixed. I really hope they someday return to it and make it what I know it could be.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

The biggest advancement in underwater combat will come when we get the Bubbles dragon expansion.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

The biggest advancement in underwater combat will come when we get the Bubbles dragon expansion.

You mean Guild Wars 2: Bladder of Water? That’s great and all but that won’t be here until long after they release Guild Wars 2: Hear of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Kidneys of Ice and Guild Wars 2: Liver of Crystal. That’s like… years away. ;/

Posted by: Lethal Njection.8741

Lethal Njection.8741

Well it’s not like UW combat has any serious issues in PvE because class balance isn’t near as noticeable as it was in WvW/Conquest. UW skill balancing is the only thing wrong that I have noticed anyway.

Ranger pet healz FTW

I save Ascalon against another Charr invasion, and my father trifles with doors!

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

@Pifil pretty much the case.