Lets found a solution together

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

They will not change the price, i think is useless say them what i’ve read in the other topics, i agree with u guys, but i dont think they will change the price or they will make the HOT expansion only for 30 € (for example)

but i think we should found a solution together

first of all i understand if they choose that prices is because they need it, so i think is useless lf something more cheeper

1) give the new players and the old players the same stuff with the same price is a slap in a face for ppl like me who believed in a game and played since bwe, and payed the game at full cost and in this years had spend money on gemstore, so i suggest to give old players something like a choose of exclusive wings and 5 lions key (no cost for anet and we are not feelings like b**** who got nothing)

2) add something more for premium and ultimate maybe more lions key

3) dismiss the guy who decided all this stuff, even if is the boss… i’ve already bought the expansion, because gw2 ATM is the only game i play so i hope to have fun with this (i’m still waiting news about competitive ISTANCED contents btw), but with 50€ i can buy another mmo, with 100 i can buy 2…. so you should more gratefull with your customers

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

The best solution is the simplest one: add a character slot to the standard edition as well for all players that have already purchased the core game.

This would solve two of the biggest problems with the current situation:

• Players who won’t get what they paid for (revenant) because they have no character slots left;
  • Veteran players who will get less for their money than new players;

It won’t solve the price issue, but I’m fine with that.

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

The problem with just throwing on a character slot to the Basic pack is that then you’re devaluing the middle pack option, which has one included. (And the other goodies are just not worth $25.)

They need to either:
- Give BOTH the Standard and the Deluxe versions gems equal to a character slot
- Make the expansion and the core game 2 separate codes, so that we actually get what is stated (HoT and a free copy of the core game)

Posted by: The Analogue Kid.3896

The Analogue Kid.3896

Two great solutions there from DiogoSilva and cocowoushi. No way am i pre-ordering with the options they currently have.

Posted by: iSmack.1768

iSmack.1768

The problem with just throwing on a character slot to the Basic pack is that then you’re devaluing the middle pack option, which has one included. (And the other goodies are just not worth $25.)

They need to either:
- Give BOTH the Standard and the Deluxe versions gems equal to a character slot
- Make the expansion and the core game 2 separate codes, so that we actually get what is stated (HoT and a free copy of the core game)

Was going to suggest the same about Gems equal to a Character Slot. +1

Posted by: uriel.2597

uriel.2597

I’d still not buy until some price drop.
The intent displayed in the initial offering is clear and insulting.

(edited by uriel.2597)

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Personally I’d change it so that if the standard edition is applied to an existing account, you’d get 800 gems.

That way those with maxes character slots could use them to buy their new slot, while those that have slots free could use them in any way they want (buy a new armor skin, unlock season 2 episodes, etc).

Of course, the deluxe would have to be upgraded to include them as well (the definite version already has 4000 gems).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Simple solution, and we don’t even need ArenaNet to agree.

Enough of the player base decides not to purchase HoT right away. We’ll see sales soon enough.