Ley Line Crystals

Ley Line Crystals

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

So a TD meta failed, and a commander tagged up and said event farming come get your xp/crystals etc, so I figured why not,

The event farming in this zone isn’t that bad, and it actually can introduce you to the ways that each meta event on the final meta work,

Anyway, after about 20+ events over the space of the next 90 mins the commander decided to take a break, so I figured id check out how many crystals I made, well I was stunned to see that I only got 30 crystals out of all them events, WTH, either im missing something massive in this map, or something needs adjusted, why does the rewards from the events on this map not give more crystals, espically given then are needed to get some t7 mats needed for new weapons etc,

Maybe time to seriously look at rewards on this map, to maybe just maybe encourage people to log into it.

Ley Line Crystals

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

There’s a mastery that allows you to get crystal drops for random mobs.

Where you using the acid keys to open the map treasures? that alone should give you some extra crystals

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Ley Line Crystals

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

There are no ley-line crystals in the acid-opened chests. No idea why. Farming the meta is the best way to get them.

Ley Line Crystals

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

There are no ley-line crystals in the acid-opened chests. No idea why. Farming the meta is the best way to get them.

You answered your own question, just another of Anet’s ‘carrots’ to ‘encourage’ people to do the zone metas which I guess Anet suspected they wouldn’t want to do endlessly if they [we] had a choice.

Ley Line Crystals

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

When u want to get map currency it is best to start at the very beginning right after a meta have finished. Then u have as much events as possible to partake in till next meta starts in roughly 2 hrs. I do this on occasion and this weekend i got up to 400-map currency in AB and TD. The trick is to go to a map that has a crowd doing em, with 5 10 in one event it does go faster regardless of scaling. Know when the event ends so that u can leave ahead o time, look for other events, while getting reward for the previous one. U can also do HPs nearby as u go. Most events gives u map currency, n as others said mobs can drop these in bags, so tag a lot of mobs. Cud of this i usually go to events that have mobs that yield loot, since some dont. The faster ur map participation % goes up, the better rewards u get. And this will also boost ur end meta reward.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

(edited by nacario.9417)

Ley Line Crystals

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Where you using the acid keys to open the map treasures? that alone should give you some extra crystals

acid keys are a ley line crystal sink. they never ever give any crystals back

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Ley Line Crystals

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

acid keys are a ley line crystal sink. they never ever give any crystals back

Oh, could have swore … got over 1K crystals and all I do is quest and open the caches, … guess it all comes from quests and random loot then -_-

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Ley Line Crystals

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

best way to farm the Aurillium and Ley Line Crystal is to do the Octovine and Gerent events. I dont even bother doing the other events since they only give u 1 -3 just waste of time running around.

(edited by Taxidriver.2043)

Ley Line Crystals

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Best way to farm Aurillium and Ley-Line crystals is to do the meta events at the beginning and quickly get to 100% participation. Each time you are awarded the meta event chest as the bar progresses, you get 15 of the currency. You are also awarded upwards to 75 currency if you hit T4 by the time the map rolls over to the final meta (gerent or defend tarir). You will also get more currency from wins/failures.

Doing the hero points is great as they each award 10 currency. The random chests also award the map currency as well. Having the Nuhoch mastery, as already mentioned, is worth having and works well with doing events.

I would know as I typically make around 350 Aurillium in AB per cycle and something similar with TD. I can’t remember exactly as I already farmed the currency from TD that I needed to complete the machined weapon collection. I will find out later when I go to complete the last 5 weapons that I need from the Hivemaster collection.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Ley Line Crystals

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

You get a stupid amount of them for just killing things. Sure there’s other ways but killing is the most effective. Each nuhoch bag can contain anywhere from 5-150 ley line crystals.

I haven’t had to farm the meta’s and im sitting at around 5k ley line crystals.

Ley Line Crystals

Ayrilana.1396

As anyone determined if MF increases the chances of getting those currency bags?

Ley Line Crystals

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

You get a stupid amount of them for just killing things. Sure there’s other ways but killing is the most effective. Each nuhoch bag can contain anywhere from 5-150 ley line crystals.

I haven’t had to farm the meta’s and im sitting at around 5k ley line crystals.

THIS: get the Nuhoch 1 masteries.
You will gain currency map for Verdant, auric bassin & Tangled Depth by killing mob.

One bag will give you between 5 to 150 tokens. Chak coming in really large wave, you gain a ton of bags.

During the meta, if the map is successfull in forcing the gerent to emerge (& you have enough participation); it is 75 for meta starting, +45 for event +75 for meta ending.

(edited by papry.8096)

Ley Line Crystals

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

isn’t the one in the chak cache that you need to open with acid called “Ley-Line Spark” ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Ley Line Crystals

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Another little hint: there’s chests hidden about the map. If you open those, they also contain ley-line crystals.

That’s actually how I get most of mine. I have a daily flax farm route that goes past 3 of them, and after I do it with every toon, I suddenly have a lot of ley-line crystals. So much I actually have a surplus of sparks now.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Ley Line Crystals

Posted by: MelGT.8326

MelGT.8326

I got the collection items for the Machined Longbow and Machined Staff yesterday from Ley Line Crystals. No, they do not drop from the caches, the amount you get from Nuhoc Supplies is minimal at best (the vast majority of the time you get 5, but you can get 50+ extremely rarely). The only place they come from in any quantity is the participation reward chests (15) and end of meta cycle chests (I think 75, or more if you defeat the Gerent successfully, and you also get quite a lot when the “Help the Outposts” phase is over not just after the main event). I got the 500 I needed in 2 and a bit meta event cycles.

Luckily I had the time to sit down and play that long for a change, because you need to get your map participation bar to max as fast as possible, and ideally stay on the same map for well over an hour to see any sizable Crystal amounts. Why they didn’t make it as simple to get as Engine Parts in Verdant Brink I don’t know, this way is really not useful for people who can only play for like 30 minutes or so at a time.

Ley Line Crystals

Ayrilana.1396

Getting Aurillium and ley-line crystals is easier than getting aircraft parts. You get direct currency when the meta progresses past certain thresholds whereas you get crowbars instead in VB. The caches also tend to award 3 parts but I’ve seen them go up to 25. Not sure if they award more.

You also tend to only be awards 3 crowbars when from the meta boxes if you have full participation. That’s 9-15 currency for VB at 100% which is the same in the other two maps. I think you also get 10 crowbars when the map transitions to the final meta. I did VB all last night, rushing to get 100% participation and earned less during the cycles than I did when I farmed AB and TD.