Ley Line Sparks

Ley Line Sparks

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

Has the drop rate for these been increased even more?
I was already throwing loads of these away and now I’m drowning in them.

Ley Line Sparks

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

No. They seem to be following the same drop rate as crystalline ores. 1 per cache with a chance for more(3 and 10?). Before it was at least 3 per cache.

Ley Line Sparks

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

They seem to have nerfed the drops on these if anything, which kind of sucks. It was good to finally be able to get a decent amount of these without selling your soul but now it seems to suck again.

Ley Line Sparks

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

They have 100% been nerfed, I opened 10 caches on a quick run threw TD and got 1 spark, I don’t know why Anet went backwards on these.

People complained about the low drop rate of Airship Oil so instead of increasing that, they nerfed the other maps to the same low drop rate, why are these things RnG based, you have already done the events to get the crow bars/acid etc, doing this nerf doesn’t make me want to play the maps more.

(edited by Ok I Did It.2854)

Ley Line Sparks

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

From the patch notes:

“The drop rates for Ley Line Sparks, Piles of Auric Dust, and Bottles of Airship Oil from some chests have been adjusted to be more equal between maps.”

Ley Line Sparks

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

They have 100% been nerfed, I opened 10 caches on a quick run threw TD and got 1 spark, I don’t know why Anet went backwards on these.

People complained about the low drop rate of Airship Oil so instead of increasing that, they nerfed the other maps to the same low drop rate, why are these things RnG based, you have already done the events to get the crow bars/acid etc, doing this nerf doesn’t make me want to play the maps more.

Exactly, They basically undid all the good will of the April patch that made me go “Oh cool, this stuffs now not a nightmare to collect”. Back to avoiding HoT maps again like I was pre-April.

Ley Line Sparks

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

Originally I was getting 1 per cache from about 2/3 of the caches I opened.
They changed it and I was getting 1 per cache plus a bonus 3 from most caches.
With the most recent patch I’m getting 1 per cache plus a bonus 3-10 from most caches.