Leyline Crystal Node

Leyline Crystal Node

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

PLEEEEASE
Can we have a leyline crystal node like we have an aurilium node..
We have a surplus of airship cogs, an extreme surplus of aurilium..
but in face of that, there’s an extreme shortage of Leyline Crystals.

less than 1/10 chests give leyline crystals, and when they do, its never more than 10.
The only reliable source of crystals is the Gerent meta event. You can’t expect people to do a specialization weapon collection and then create a grind thats long AND timegated

Leyline Crystal Node

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I wish i could get rid of all mine….never found any of the hot maps items to be an issue.

Leyline Crystal Node

Amaimon.7823

I wish i could get rid of all mine….never found any of the hot maps items to be an issue.

Then you’re obviously not using them what they’re meant for:
Chack Collections or Specialization Collections.. if you work on those you need thousands

Leyline Crystal Node

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Where are you getting the chests you are opening? Last time I did a count I got 47 crystals from 10 chests, events give a lot, crystallized catches give a lot. Not sure why you say they don’t.

Leyline Crystal Node

Amaimon.7823

Where are you getting the chests you are opening? Last time I did a count I got 47 crystals from 10 chests, events give a lot, crystallized catches give a lot. Not sure why you say they don’t.

Very few events, if any at all, besides the Gerent kill give crystals. in a few occassions I got a few from events, but those were 10-25. and very rare and very time consuming.
And I did another run with 25 keys, got 72 crystals. 52 crystals is not much given the amount you need.

52 crystals from 25 keys = 2.08 crystal per chest, which is negligable in the face of how much you need.

In short, the only way to get crystals decently is jsut repeating the Gerent meta over and over again

Leyline Crystal Node

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I suggest that you do a mastery point tour and a chest run (such as chests from pact ships not chai acid ones) to build up crystals. Chests can be found fairly easily, I have as I said above 10 that I can get to in under 15 min and can be visited by each character on your account every day.

Leyline Crystal Node

TexZero.7910

Chack Collections or Specialization Collections.. if you work on those you need thousands

You mean those things i’ve already done ?

You’re right, im not using them for something i can no longer use them for.

Leyline Crystal Node

Amaimon.7823

while I’m cynical in believing someone could’ve already finished gathering enough leyline crystals, I salute you if it’s true

Leyline Crystal Node

TexZero.7910

while I’m cynical in believing someone could’ve already finished gathering enough leyline crystals, I salute you if it’s true

I did chest runs every day for about 4 months straight, when reclaimed weapons were worth ~10g. On multiple characters. It was really easy to rack up the currency.

Leyline Crystal Node

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

Both Leyline Crystals and Chack Acid are much harder to get than the other two map keys and currencies. Generally I have map currency in ratios like 10/8/1 parts/aurilium/crystals and 10/6/1 crowbars/keys/acid despite spending roughly equal time on the 3 maps. They really need to balance the rewards out better.

(edited by Boogiepop Void.6473)

Leyline Crystal Node

Posted by: MelGT.8326

MelGT.8326

I may be imagining it, but when they increased the amount of keys and currency you get in the maps when it turned out that it was ridiculously grindy at launch, they said they wanted to keep one of the maps currencies and keys quite rare still, to give people something to “work for”. Unfortunately the dart they threw landed on Tangled Depths, the map that’s the most annoying to navigate for events, and it’s just got worse since the new maps came and practically no one does the events in the launch zones other than Auric Basin exploitin’.

Leyline Crystal Node

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The expansion has been out for a year. All of the currencies are fairly easy to acquire.

Leyline Crystal Node

Amaimon.7823

The expansion has been out for a year. All of the currencies are fairly easy to acquire.

Please collect 250 leyline crystals and return here

Leyline Crystal Node

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Please collect 250 leyline crystals and return here

I’ve done that numerous times from doing events, killing mobs, and doing the Gerent meta. Nothing has really changed since HoT was released, and with me already having more currency than I really need, I see no point in hopping onto the map to earn something that I really don’t need.

Leyline Crystal Node

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I’m going for collection the whole Machined Weapon set, so I definitely feel the pain. +1 for the OP.

NSPride <3

Leyline Crystal Node

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

It would be nice and consistent, if we are going to have a node for one of the currencies, that we should have nodes for all of them.

Leyline Crystal Node

Amaimon.7823

It would be nice and consistent, if we are going to have a node for one of the currencies, that we should have nodes for all of them.

If its anything, I do have a converter, that changes 25:10 currencies. So I can drop 25 aurilium and airship salvage for 20 leyline crystals.. which is honestly more than you get from a chestrun

Leyline Crystal Node

TexZero.7910

If its anything, I do have a converter, that changes 25:10 currencies. So I can drop 25 aurilium and airship salvage for 20 leyline crystals.. which is honestly more than you get from a chestrun

No its not.

The chest can give you anywhere from 1-50. There’s easily 7 chest on a simple route, more if you want to take longer. You’re more than likely going to roll 3+ every time meaning you’ll make more than 20 per run. Additionally its character based so you can do this multiple times a day, where as the converter is a once a day limit.

Leyline Crystal Node

Amaimon.7823

No its not.

The chest can give you anywhere from 1-50. There’s easily 7 chest on a simple route, more if you want to take longer. You’re more than likely going to roll 3+ every time meaning you’ll make more than 20 per run. Additionally its character based so you can do this multiple times a day, where as the converter is a once a day limit.

What kind of demon are you praying to, to get that much luck on your chest rolls? 1-50? don’t you mean 1-5? only 1:10 chests give crystals, and it’s usually 3 or 5 crystals.
Are we even playing the same game?

Leyline Crystal Node

TexZero.7910

No its not.

What kind of demon are you praying to, to get that much luck on your chest rolls? 1-50? don’t you mean 1-5? only 1:10 chests give crystals, and it’s usually 3 or 5 crystals.
Are we even playing the same game?

Apparently not, as i have no issue and you do.

Leyline Crystal Node

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

The repeating events between completing the outpost events and the chak gerent main event tend to give me decent amounts of crystals. I just got 35 from one. (“Use the camp’s defenses to kill attacking chak”)