Leystone armor drops

Leystone armor drops

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Lysander Freeman.4186

Lysander Freeman.4186

So far, I have three Coats from the event, three Shoulders from pods and two Gloves from pods.

Do helms, boots and pants drop from pods or am I doing somthing wrong? Do they drop less?

Leystone armor drops

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

From my experience, it is highly random and RNGesus loves surprisingly few people.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Leystone armor drops

Posted by: foxcat.4096

foxcat.4096

Was running DS frequently, initially i seemed to get quite a few leystone pieces off the event itself and pod runs after . Haven’t had any drop in ages and seem to get pure crap from pods guess its a case of diminishing returns.

Leystone armor drops

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

i’ve gotten everything but shoulders, and shoulders is what i’ve been trying to get for a long time. just rng

Leystone armor drops

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I’ve resorted to making more 80’s n running em through the missions to get the final armor box…..
after quite a while of minimal box drops, n those that do, being duplicates……

Leystone armor drops

Lysander Freeman.4186

An Update and a Suggestion:

I’ve been dumping all of my airship parts and aurillium bits into the Machetes and have been doing DS quite a bit more in the past several days. I still need 7 more Laystone armor pieces for the Collection.

Right now I still need: 2 leggings, 2 boots, and all three helms.

I got enough XP in DS to complete the last half of tier 5 Itzel and both t6 Itzel and t6 Nuhoch on this map (with only a couple of Tarirs mixed in when DS map wasn’t user friendly).

I understand that the Collection isn’t a requirement, it’s just another one of this side-goal achievement things with a reward attached, but the drop rates on the laystone boxes could use a tweak.

I’ve enjoyed the DS runs, especially the almost-fail map that defeated the towers with only 2 minutes left on the clock and I’d been doing the middle zerg circle for literally and hour while North and South kept resetting. It was fun in it’s own way, how the map tried and tried again to work together and finally did it.

But there comes a point in time when players say “forget it,” stop trying the achievements and move on.

PvP and WvW’s fun since other players make the maps more dynamic each go, but in PvE too much of the same makes you feel like a trained rat doing the same maze over and over with little or no reward.

Leystone armor drops

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

the best option is speedrun trough the HoT story on alts, if you have then. It takes around of ~1:30 hours to 2:00 hours. Free chooseable piece of leystone armor at end, plus all the rewards you get trough the chapters.

Leystone armor drops

Lysander Freeman.4186

the best option is speedrun trough the HoT story on alts, if you have then. It takes around of ~1:30 hours to 2:00 hours. Free chooseable piece of leystone armor at end, plus all the rewards you get trough the chapters.

Seems to be poor achievement/reward design if this is the case, which it seems to be. I got my initial Leystone pieces in a decent amount of time, not right away but I did put the time in for them and that’s fine. Then I do a long series of runs totalling 10,000,000 + XP done on the DS map with quite a few meta completions and get nothing.

If they require alts running through for this and/or other achievements, just make “Completing Story Line on X-number of Alts” an achievement by itself… and make X = 9 or 10 characters so you have to use the gem store

But I digress. Drop rates need adjusted.

Leystone armor drops

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

Thats kinda what I did to get a full exotic Viper set.

Leystone armor drops

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

The look of leystone armor mixed with Mistwarden was amazing, by god, i cant stop to look myself.

Leystone armor drops

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

As others have said, running the story on alternative characters is the way to go. Also make sure to save the boxes until you can complete the collection if you are doing DS parallel to this.

You really don;t want to run out of characters for any armor type boxes when you are missing that 1 super seldom random drop which you have to run DS for now all day.

Leystone armor drops

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Seems to be poor achievement/reward design if this is the case, which it seems to be. I got my initial Leystone pieces in a decent amount of time, not right away but I did put the time in for them and that’s fine. Then I do a long series of runs totalling 10,000,000 + XP done on the DS map with quite a few meta completions and get nothing.

If they require alts running through for this and/or other achievements, just make “Completing Story Line on X-number of Alts” an achievement by itself… and make X = 9 or 10 characters so you have to use the gem store

But I digress. Drop rates need adjusted.

Its not how it is designed to be made. Its just a les painful and more easy way to acquire it. Or you can keep shoting at luck, that is how it is designed to be. At the very least, this particular one have a guaranteed way to be made, so I thought would be nice to suggest it here.