Lion's Arch the "something special"?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I hope that’s not the case and the “special thing” to take place of specialization reveal this week is not LA…

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

No matter what it is people would be disappointed.
Time will tell if this was the special thing that they talked about but it is worth pointing out that we have had more or less weekly posts asking about when Lion’s Arch will be rebuilt, so it is clearly something people want.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Well i certainly don’t. Hated LA from day one.

And both chronomancer and reaper reveal were awesome and i have no complains there. Not saying Dragon Hunter was wasted time, i’m just not much into guardian.

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

I enjoyed the Lion’s Arch thing. Walked around the space a little bit when I had some free time from work.

Overall, I’m happy with it.

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

You think they will talk about Lion’s Arch at Ready Up, a pvp show?

Posted by: Valentine.6529

Valentine.6529

Yea she said to be back and watch next weeks ready up for something special. I dont think its the LA changes. :P

Posted by: Eggs.3142

Eggs.3142

They spent a whole lot of time just talking about Dragonhunter on said pvp show, with only a little talk about pvp. I think for the time being PoI and Rdy^ should be thought of as a weekly dose of HoTness

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Well they did say reveal would be limited to 3 so why are you complaining again?

Diovid.9506

They spent a whole lot of time just talking about Dragonhunter on said pvp show, with only a little talk about pvp. I think for the time being PoI and Rdy^ should be thought of as a weekly dose of HoTness

Except there is a difference between discussing an elite specialization, which is very relevant to PvP, and discussing Lion’s Arch, which has no relevance for PvP. As far as I know, the only HoT-related things discussed at a Ready Up were: the new WvW borderlands, the new SPvP map, the Revenant, specializations and the Dragonhunter. All of these are related to PvP in some form.

My guess is they will talk about guilds, i.e. guild leaderboards, guild halls and so on. At least those are partially of interest to the WvW and PvP players.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

It will be 1000 days past (pre-)launch… (today I’m at 998 days) We’ll see what happens, I’d like a present, a free Black Lion Ticket for all would be very nice… Beeen online about 980 days of those 1000

But I expect some dates, a timeline so to say, about beta, pre purchase, and beta weekends and launch (Wich will be (my best guess) 97 days from now, 3*365 days, I expect…) 97 days is 3 months and a few days. last week of august…..

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

What’s funny to me is that I get the feeling the next round of elite specs aren’t ready to present.

And while a rebuilt LA is interesting, I think they already spoiled this one hardcore so unlikely at best to be the main part of this week’s reveal imo.

Best guesses:
-Interim Stories not relating to HoT to explain large changes to several areas including Skrittsburg of Brisban, LA and the Black Citadel (think BC was optimized), random new NPCs in Charr lands like the Separatist who’s having second thoughts, or that Ash -Legion Spy guy.
-Guild halls
-Challenging PvE content
-Release date of personal story, condi overhaul and/or specializations (all of which they said they wanted to release before HoT)
-Finished Engi normal specs (TBD OP needs nerf)

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I hope the something special is a rename of the Dragonhunter specialization.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

I´m also suspicious about the Guild Hall thingy.

It´s almost the biggest scaffolding structure right now and would actually be a great reveal if this game would finally flesh out “the other half” of its name.

I´m still lobbying for airships as actual Guild Halls!

Polish > hype

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Yea she said to be back and watch next weeks ready up for something special. I dont think its the LA changes. :P

More likely that she spoke about an incoming Karka attack. The building Material from the Consortium is Karka infested.

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

You heard it here first, folks. The new Guardian specialization will be named the “Something Special.”

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I’m a people and I wouldn’t be disappointed with free pony rides and ice cream!

See also: water slides in LA, hang gliding in LA, jousting arenas in LA — heck, how about a holodeck in LA in which individuals or groups (of individuals) could relive past glories (replay old missions or seasons) or (re)experience new old content salvaged from temporaneity! If that’s not a real word it should be.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

It’s fun to see things being built, and the speculations all around, but it’s not worth of “special thing”. Still, I’m thrilled to see the new LA’s concept arts! It will look outstanding!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

You heard it here first, folks. The new Guardian specialization will be named the “Something Special.”

I don’t mind that at all, actually.

Diovid.9506

heck, how about a holodeck in LA in which individuals or groups (of individuals) could relive past glories (replay old missions or seasons) or (re)experience new old content salvaged from temporaneity! If that’s not a real word it should be.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Maybe preview of some, ya know, content? :P

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

heck, how about a holodeck in LA in which individuals or groups (of individuals) could relive past glories (replay old missions or seasons) or (re)experience new old content salvaged from temporaneity! If that’s not a real word it should be.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists

In its current form the fractals thing won’t do what I meant, that being, let the players choose specific missions or story arcs to replay.

Second edit: kinda like Ouroboros, in City of Heroes.

The table is a fable.

(edited by Tachenon.5270)

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I hope that’s not the case and the “special thing” to take place of specialization reveal this week is not LA…

Well it’s a very small announcement overall, smaller even than that week that they only talked about the (all be it awesome) frogs.
It would be kinda sad if they don’t have anything to show come PoI or Ready Up this Friday. So I’m hoping they’ll still announce something (guild halls!) and then be able to discuss it further come Friday

What’s funny to me is that I get the feeling the next round of elite specs aren’t ready to present.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Still doesn’t necessarily mean you’re wrong either.

I’m a people

That’s what they want you to think :P

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well they did say reveal would be limited to 3 so why are you complaining again?

Man good thing “logic” like doesn’t work in the real world…

oh i’m telling you that i’m going to take all your money, and your car, but since I told you first you can’t complain!!! No take backs!

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Man good thing “logic” like doesn’t work in the real world…

oh i’m telling you that i’m going to take all your money, and your car, but since I told you first you can’t complain!!! No take backs!

Sounds like a regular divorce to me. Everyday business..

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Well i certainly don’t. Hated LA from day one.

And both chronomancer and reaper reveal were awesome and i have no complains there. Not saying Dragon Hunter was wasted time, i’m just not much into guardian.

Well, if you look at the concept art, this looks nothing like the lions arch that you hated… I honestly hated the ships too, though I understand lore wise why they were implemented, the city always looked so trashy to me, like a human-sized skritsburge, where the five races collected their junk. Im so glad that city burnt to the ground.

What they are planning to build now however, looks much more appropriate, making use of the advanced technology, superior materials, and architectural marvels brought on through the collaboration of the five races, creating a city that is somewhere between scifi and fantasy, which is really the games two core genres. Im excited to see the finished art piece!

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

Maybe preview of some, ya know, content? :P

The updated LA is content. Hours of it if you explore the entire LA zone and talk to all the new NPCs. It’s content lots of people have asked for continuously for months. It may not be the content you want, but is content others want.

I don’t WvW, but I also don’t complain when ANet adds WvW stuff.

Beyond that, I expect something else this week, as LA is living story, not expansion.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Something is better than nothing.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

What’s the point of doing anything ever?

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

They are renaming the Reaper to Dragonchiller, the Chronomancer to Clockblocker, and the Tempest to Dragonwinder.

Posted by: webtoehobbit.4201

webtoehobbit.4201

What’s the point of doing anything ever?

They didn’t have to hype it up as something “special” though, they need to start being honest with their playerbase instead of trying to hype up nothing.