Living Story Season 2 too difficult

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There is nothing poor me about it. I am just using the points that the community here supplied to emphasize, to anyone who is still deciding to buy HoT, that this game is not for everyone. So we are in agreement.

I have played this game since May 2005 in GW1, then GW2 beta, until now and I am probably more veteran than most of you here. After more than 10 years supporting this franchise, I have gathered enough fun out of it already.

Again, I am not the only one with this point of view:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/So-Disappointed-After-The-First-Beta/first

No game is for everyone though, so emphasizing HoT isn’t for everyone is a bit like saying not everyone likes Shakespeare or Star Trek, or the Bible. It hardly matters, because people will still have to make up their own minds.

All you’re really doing here is complaining that the game is too hard for you, and frankly, you won’t take any steps at all to make it any easier. The game isn’t the problem here, your own self-imposed limitations are.

I won’t accept help, even though it’s freely offered. I won’t be part of a guild that can help me. I insist on playing the squishiest profession.

Well that’s fine. But don’t try to turn this around and try to make it like it’s some kind of public service announcement that you’re offering out of the goodness of your heart. This is you trying to get even with the game because you find it too hard.

As I’ve said many times on this forum, it’s better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness. You don’t really want a solution though. You only want to get even.

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

I won’t accept help, even though it’s freely offered. I won’t be part of a guild that can help me. I insist on playing the squishiest profession.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with playing an elementalist if I like to play an elementalist. And story instances that are designed to be solo should be solo-able, not take 8 minutes to kill a veteran in a party (from DaveyC)!

Sure, my internet connection may be crap now but it is due to change soon. The fact that HoT is too difficult as the Revenant is too weak is also brought up by DaveyC and many others in his thread:

Sure…..! So let’s leave the revenant that way! It’s cool enough (sarcasm)! 2 legends is more than enough! Don’t even need water weapons anyway! (SARCASM)

You big butt suckers! HoT is crap right now! Don’t try to defend A.net! They sucks right now!

I would wait and see if they have really fixed the issues with HoT before buying. I don’t see anything wrong with that. Too bad even if some of the fanboys here disagree with me that I should wait and see before I buy, by denying that there is a problem with the living story and HoT.

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

There is absolutely nothing wrong with playing an elementalist if I like to play an elementalist. And story instances that are designed to be solo should be solo-able, not take 8 minutes to kill a veteran in a party (from DaveyC)!

Sure, my internet connection may be crap now but it is due to change soon. The fact that HoT is too difficult as the Revenant is too weak is also brought up by DaveyC and many others in his thread:

Sure…..! So let’s leave the revenant that way! It’s cool enough (sarcasm)! 2 legends is more than enough! Don’t even need water weapons anyway! (SARCASM)

You big butt suckers! HoT is crap right now! Don’t try to defend A.net! They sucks right now!

I would wait and see if they have really fixed the issues with HoT before buying. I don’t see anything wrong with that. Too bad even if some of the fanboys here disagree with me that I should wait and see before I buy, by denying that there is a problem with the living story and HoT.

lol pretty sure no one has agreed with you at all in this thread. . . .and you cant judge a difficulty of something based off a class in beta that isnt balanced yet. What that have to do with HoT and the current classes.

Something was too difficult just for you and you gave up and think everyone else must feel the same way and now your trying to get people to not pre-order Hot cus u werent good enough to beat one boss in one episode of an instanced story mode that isn’t part of the open world.

Let’s just all enjoy the game and work hard for the things we want to accomplish.

(edited by Zev.3407)

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

the only part of LS 2 that gave me trouble was sneaking into the asura facility and killing the boss w/o being discovered everything else was fun and mostly soloable

DarkSpirit.7046

lol pretty sure no one has agreed with you at all in this thread. . . .and you cant judge a difficulty of something based off a class in beta that isnt balanced yet. What that have to do with HoT and the current classes.

Something was too difficult just for you and you gave up and think everyone else must feel the same way and now your trying to get people to not pre-order Hot cus u werent good enough to beat one boss in one episode of an instanced story mode that isn’t part of the open world.

Let’s just all enjoy the game and work hard for the things we want to accomplish.

Then you not been reading the beta feedback thread. Yes the game certainly has a lot of room to improve.

The revenant is too weak. Elementalists are too susceptible to lag spikes. The game is too laggy and despite being a later version, it doesn’t have the instance reconnect feature that GW1 has, so every time you disconnect you need to restart.

DarkSpirit.7046

Then you not been reading the beta feedback thread. Yes the game certainly has a lot of room to improve.

The revenant is too weak. Elementalists are too susceptible to lag spikes. The game is too laggy and despite being a later version, it doesn’t have the instance reconnect feature that GW1 has, so every time you disconnect you need to restart. On some evenings it is almost impossible to play so yes it is not for everyone especially those who use Frontier DSL.

Posted by: KryTiKaL.3125

KryTiKaL.3125

Revenant issues from the most recent Beta Weekend were addressed, not to mention during that first beta event the Revenant was even more unfinished than it was during the recent beta event.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Revenant-Changes

Not to mention they even show how they’ve increased damage for the Revenant and it’s extremely noticeable.

https://youtu.be/5goa21iunTw?t=581

So I do think you should probably do a little more information gathering before making these accusations.

As for the “elementalists are too susceptible to lag spikes” and “the game is too laggy” that…is not Arena Net’s fault. They aren’t in control of your internet connection, they have no sway over whether or not your ISP is screwing you over. Don’t blame them for that, it’s just outright silly. That isn’t a fault with the game, that’s a fault with your choice of an internet provider.

That would be like personally blaming a Customer Service representative for a store where you yourself chose to buy something and someone else lit it on fire.

DarkSpirit.7046

Revenant issues from the most recent Beta Weekend were addressed, not to mention during that first beta event the Revenant was even more unfinished than it was during the recent beta event.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Revenant-Changes

Not to mention they even show how they’ve increased damage for the Revenant and it’s extremely noticeable.

https://youtu.be/5goa21iunTw?t=581

So I do think you should probably do a little more information gathering before making these accusations.

As for the “elementalists are too susceptible to lag spikes” and “the game is too laggy” that…is not Arena Net’s fault. They aren’t in control of your internet connection, they have no sway over whether or not your ISP is screwing you over. Don’t blame them for that, it’s just outright silly. That isn’t a fault with the game, that’s a fault with your choice of an internet provider.

That would be like personally blaming a Customer Service representative for a store where you yourself chose to buy something and someone else lit it on fire.

Players would still need to try them out before I decide. Unlike some I have always believed in trying out instead of giving out my money based solely on hype.

Posted by: KryTiKaL.3125

KryTiKaL.3125

Well for me personally I bought the expansion, the Deluxe edition specifically, because I like the game and want to continue to experience more and more of it. It’s not just about the Revenant, you don’t -need- to play it. There are plenty of other features coming out with HoT (guild halls, adventures, more achievements, more legendary weapons to unlock, further Living Story content to be released periodically). So basing your desire to purchase the expansion solely on that tiny little piece of it, which you don’t even have to play just like a majority of things in GW2 (you basically do what you want to do in this game), seems a little silly to me.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I totally agree that you should indeed not play another class simply for difficulty reasons and play what you like to play. However, considering difficulty… if you’re on the lower end of being able to handle certain difficulties you cannot always expect the game to be easy enough for you as if the whole game is designed for just you. However, since it is not ONLY designed to be solo able but also for a full party, you can overcome your troubles regarding difficulty with some friends (your son?). That. is why it’s a MULTIPLAYER game.

There’s enough threads about waiting to buy. Your thread title reads only about difficulty. And while that could be a valid reason for someone to not buy it, it is a very personal reason for yourself and there are ways to overcome the obstacles in this game at your disposal which you just ignore because of reasons of your own making. Also Lag is Lag. The game does come with a list of minimum requirements. If you do not have a working internet connection or good enough graphics card or some such. .. then It’s entirely up to you to meet these requirements . Any troubles coming from that are fixable or you decide to live with them and adjust your plays type.

Personally, I haven’t even bought the expansion yet. I don’t see the pressure to buy right this instant at all. So you definitely shouldn’t feel pressured by anyone else but your own judgement.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

DarkSpirit.7046

I totally agree that you should indeed not play another class simply for difficulty reasons and play what you like to play. However, considering difficulty… if you’re on the lower end of being able to handle certain difficulties you cannot always expect the game to be easy enough for you as if the whole game is designed for just you. However, since it is not ONLY designed to be solo able but also for a full party, you can overcome your troubles regarding difficulty with some friends (your son?). That. is why it’s a MULTIPLAYER game.

There’s enough threads about waiting to buy. Your thread title reads only about difficulty. And while that could be a valid reason for someone to not buy it, it is a very personal reason for yourself and there are ways to overcome the obstacles in this game at your disposal which you just ignore because of reasons of your own making. Also Lag is Lag. The game does come with a list of minimum requirements. If you do not have a working internet connection or good enough graphics card or some such. .. then It’s entirely up to you to meet these requirements . Any troubles coming from that are fixable or you decide to live with them and adjust your plays type.

Personally, I haven’t even bought the expansion yet. I don’t see the pressure to buy right this instant at all. So you definitely shouldn’t feel pressured by anyone else but your own judgement.

No I disagree. I have nothing personal against it, I wouldn’t have supported them for 10+ years otherwise. I just don’t think that the ANet has done a good enough job on the Revenant at this point in time. I bet you that even with the best internet connection I would still not be happy with the Revenant because it took more than 8 minutes to kill a veteran in a party! Is that acceptable? Comon!

Please stop with the ANet is always right fanboyism. You are starting to freak me out with your glazed eyes! Goo says it best:

Sure..blame it on the players who gave negative feedback during beta testing! HoT has to be perfect.

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

You couldn’t make a logical argument even if you tried. This has nothing to do with fanboyism..
I wasn’t talking about the revenant at all. It is a work in progress as stated by many players and the devs. Merely about difficulty. Which is the thread topic.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

Posted by: Moderator.1056

Moderator.1056

Since the discussion in this thread has derailed and is no longer constructive this thread is now closed.