Living story S3 exclusive to HOT ?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Thorgal.1296

Thorgal.1296

Since S3 will likely go about trudging deeper into the center of the jungle to beat Mordy and shaking hands with Mursaat , it seems certain that Multiple ep’s will take place in the jungle so can we conclude that S3 will be exclusive to people who have bought HOT only ?

I am not complaining about it since ill be there day zero but i was curious .

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

It’s interesting that Anet has not mentioned anything about the living story in combination with HoT. However I think it’s likely that the story requires you to have access to the expansion (aside from some changed dialogues and so on which will no doubt be visible for everyone as the entire world moves forward in time).

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

S3 will be about getting deeper into the jungle? I thought that this is what HoM is about…

What brings you to this conclusion? I’ve heard nothing about S3 and in my opinion it’s totally plausible that there won’t be a S3 until HoM is out (in which story we might already kill Mordremoth…), so it’s definitely possible that S3 won’t play in the jungle but starts another story (maybe already leading to the third elder dragon)..

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, Devs have stated that the story of Season 2 (and 1) picks up at the start of HoT. Whether they used the term ‘Season 3’, or not, I am unsure. I think so…

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

I’m curious, why do people ask this question? If you want to be a part of the game, you have to get the expansion. If you don’t…why are you playing? Do you just want to be a part of the current game and want time to stop for you? Certain, anything worth experiencing will require the expansion. It only makes sense. If you want to play the new profession, try the new specialization, have masteries, go into the new areas or be a part of the continued story, that is exclusive content to those that buy the expansion. This is a no brainer and common sense.

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I dont think LS S3 will deal with the things in HoT (and LS S1 and S2) at all. So the chances are you dont need HoTs.

LS S3 will most likely a transition for the other elder dragons and their respective expensions. Though that is simply a speculation.

Posted by: Seamus.9645

Seamus.9645

My general expectation is that if this does well we will have found the rhythm.

Zhaitan
Unrelated Living story season (free)
Build up season (free)
Mordremoth (xpac)
Unrelated (Free)
Build up (free)
Bubbles (xpac)
Unrelated (free)
Build up (Free)
Kralk (xpac)
Unrelated (free)
Build up (free)
Jormag (xpac)
Unrelated (free)
Build up (free)
Primordus (xpac)

Thats like 6-8 solid years of content right there!

(edited by Seamus.9645)

Posted by: Thenme.6491

Thenme.6491

if by season 3 u mean the continuation of the current events then yes, they will occur in the expansion. if you mean the next batch of episodes we get as regular updates, who knows maybe and maybe not.

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

I am not complaining about it since ill be there day zero but i was curious .

I’m curious, why do people ask this question? If you want to be a part of the game, you have to get the expansion. If you don’t…why are you playing? Do you just want to be a part of the current game and want time to stop for you?

Did you even read the OP?

They’re merely asking out of curiosity since it hasn’t been stated explicitly.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Why does everyone keep mentioning LS Season 3? There is no Season 3. Heart of Thorns picks up right where Season 2 ended. Wether there will be another Living Story season after HoT is not known at this point.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Actually, we do know. ArenaNet has said Season 3 will continue within and/or soon after the expansion’s release. They’re going to try to appease both camps.

As far as Season 3 being exclusive with the expansion? We have no idea. I doubt it. But, again, no idea.

Just hope they don’t pull a WoW and make the big boss something they’ll add later in a patch a la Deathwing.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

if season 2 is anything to go by, season 3 will have its own maps, separate from anything related to the expansion.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Actually, we do know. ArenaNet has said Season 3 will continue within and/or soon after the expansion’s release. They’re going to try to appease both camps.

Where was this stated?

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Ardenwolfe.8590

Oh geez. I’ll try to find that YouTube interview again. . . .

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIiqCW4WrFo&list=PLgUR4kRb88dVfLogkscClZNHeJgJ5KXwz

The comment starts around 5:00, but the ‘relay’ comment between the expansion and the Living World, where Living World fills the space between expansions, occurs at 6:30 or so.

We’ll see if it’s successful, but I imagine it should make everyone happy.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Ralanost.8913

Oh geez. I’ll try to find that YouTube interview again. . . .

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIiqCW4WrFo&list=PLgUR4kRb88dVfLogkscClZNHeJgJ5KXwz

The comment starts around 5:00, but the ‘relay’ comment between the expansion and the Living World, where Living World fills the space between expansions, occurs at 6:30 or so.

We’ll see if it’s successful, but I imagine it should make everyone happy.

That’s the living world he is talking about, not the living story. Those are actually mechanically different things.

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

My general expectation is that if this does well we will have found the rhythm.

Zhaitan
Unrelated Living story season (free)
Build up season (free)
Mordremoth (xpac)
Unrelated (Free)
Build up (free)
Bubbles (xpac)
Unrelated (free)
Build up (Free)
Kralk (xpac)
Unrelated (free)
Build up (free)
Jormag (xpac)
Unrelated (free)
Build up (free)
Primordus (xpac)

Thats like 6-8 solid years of content right there!

I hope it won’t be that linear though. There is so much more in the lore they could explore!

Ardenwolfe.8590

That’s the living world he is talking about, not the living story. Those are actually mechanically different things.

So . . . what events is he talking about filling the space, or ‘relay’, between expansions then? Also, you are aware that ‘Living World’ is part of the ‘Living Story’ . . . right?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World

Gone to Reddit.

Ralanost.8913

So . . . what events is he talking about filling the space, or ‘relay’, between expansions then? Also, you are aware that ‘Living World’ is part of the ‘Living Story’ . . . right?

Living Story is the stuff that you can do below your Personal Story. Living World events happened out in the actual game world. I don’t know why that is hard to understand.

Ardenwolfe.8590

Um . . . okay. . . .

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As the Devs stated some time ago, Living Story and Living World are interchangeable terms now.

Here is an example: http://www.pcgamer.com/guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-interview/

Mike (O’Brien): ‘Well definitely a lot’s happened. One great thing about Living World: Season Two is that anyone can play Living World: Season Two. Even down the road people can play Season Two. Certainly, right now, I recommend that anybody who’s excited about Heart of Thorns should get into the game and play episode eight. Episode eight weaves right into the story of Heart of Thorns. Anybody who wants to set up for themselves what the story of Heart of Thorns is, play it now’.

Ralanost.8913

Not my fault the devs don’t even know what to call the mechanics in their own game.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

You guys, serious.. are you being serious?

I think you guys missed some parts, so I’ll explain slowly and clear:

Living Story Season 2 was all about a setting the stage to the HoT expansion. The expansion itself will have a new full story line (That will probably end up dealing with mordremoth).

So, the Expansion itself is the conclusion of the mordremoth arc, it has nothing to do about “Season 3” happening there. Once we get the Heart of Thorns, we’ll have a full story content into there without the need to wait 2 weeks for other episodes. See it like a new version of personal history if you desire so.

Will we have a Season3? This has not been even asked to anet staff so far, and seens like that no one is real interested in ask.

If you want to know where do I take references, first one is the hot page:
https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/en
“Experience new events and new storyline”

And other more fullfiled details is at the XPAC Announcement, where they talked about the expansion pushing toward the fight against mordremoth. You can find the full announcement on YouTube or Gw2 Twitch channel. If you want to take off your doubts, of course.

Ardenwolfe.8590

I take it you didn’t watch the video interview either.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

if season 2 is anything to go by, season 3 will have its own maps, separate from anything related to the expansion.

That’s a good point and would be a good way to continue.

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

living story S3 will most likely begin AFTER the HOT story, so it doesn’t have anything to do with HOT itself and no reason to be exclusive to HOT… on the other hand HOT story will be most likely very similar to the personal story and exclusive to HOT, obviously…

it’s important to keep in mind that living story is just a filler between main story chapters (personal story from GW2 including Zhaitan and now the HOT story including Mordremoth)

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

Not my fault the devs don’t even know what to call the mechanics in their own game.

You’re just making up a differentiation that doesn’t exist. Living World is the newer, official term for the added episodic content, which includes both instanced and open world additions. Anything that used to be called Living Story, back when they started experimenting with this content strategy, is now called Living World.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Actually i think cat’s outta the bag with living story. It’s purpose is to serve the upcoming xpac. With all the living story content coming and going away in the first season it hit me this made sense only in two cases:

1. they went tv show batkitten crazy disregarding the insanity of taking away new content soon after it appeared.

2. Living Story served to not only pave way for x-pac lore wise, but more importantly mechanically wise. They tested new things with it, and if they flopped no worries, it gets taken away in a sec anyway. After that they would reserach how well that little experiment did, and put something similar (or not!) in the x-pac.

Since HoT is coming soon, they most likely have no time nor reason to do LS. Their hands are full with xpac. Once it launches and settles in a bit, then they may begin a series of new experiments of their favourite guinea bookahs.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Nothing says season 3 will focus on the jungle. Most likely the expansion will have its own unique plot that ends with Mordremoth’s death. Otherwise this wouldn’t be an expansion but a paid for feature batch, which would kitten off a lot of players and would be a generally bad move.

Season 3 will likely pick up post-HoT and may or may not relate to its plot and locations.

Living Story is the stuff that you can do below your Personal Story. Living World events happened out in the actual game world. I don’t know why that is hard to understand.

Living World and Living Story is actually the same thing. ANet introduced it as Living Story but changed it to Living World after Flame and Frost.

It’s one thing that consists of both story journal additions and open world changes.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Ardenwolfe.8590

That makes the most sense. It reminds me of what Whedon is doing between Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the various Marvel movies like the Avengers.

The television show is like Living World and the movies are like expansion packs.

In theory, it could be quite successful.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I suspect living story S3 will be the content bridge between HoT and the next expansion after that. Looking at the current trend, which is S1 and 2 acting as a content bridge between base GW2 and HoT, it would make sense. However, it’s still too early to say for certain.

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

That makes the most sense. It reminds me of what Whedon is doing between Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the various Marvel movies like the Avengers.

The television show is like Living World and the movies are like expansion packs.

In theory, it could be quite successful.

Hmm, that is the best comparable example of what the Living Story is. Right down to how the Living Story focuses on characters not in the main story, but main characters from the main story pop in the Living Story to add focus to them melding together as one consecutive set of interweaving pieces of the same thing. Although I really wish they’d kill off one of their major “movie characters” by the name of Trauhern. That is one actor that very few want to see getting more work.

I suspect living story S3 will be the content bridge between HoT and the next expansion after that. Looking at the current trend, which is S1 and 2 acting as a content bridge between base GW2 and HoT, it would make sense. However, it’s still too early to say for certain.

If the Summit was anything to hint at, I would think that it is going to be either Krawlkatoric or Jormag. Those are the only two who are major threats that are awake and making havoc in Tyria right now in large quantities. Primordus isn’t an issue other than a few spurts of his underground minions popping up; that is unless after Mordremoth dies, the minions of Primordus uses the tunnels from the vines to easily run to the surface and invade. Ohh, the plot thickens! That is a way better tie-in than the other two.