Logic to evaluate the Pricing

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

So I bought the base game for 10 bucks more. I got 5 character slots all on the same account and a rather large game world. With dungeons, 5 races, 8 classes, world bosses, a full story, home instance, and felt it was a good value. (even excepting whatever was added later)

Now I’m being given the base game I’ve already bought, and so for me that’s of no value. I can’t conveniently or reasonably use the base game account with my current one as I can’t join the accounts together. So valueless to me (which I suppose is why they call it free).

For $10 less I get…

no new races,
1 new class,
? duneons, (current guess is none.)
? A world that is as big in size? (current guess is this is unlikely)
? a comparable length solo story?
no character slots on my account (Cost of $10 to me to add)
Some world bosses,

If the original game was good value for the money and good ratings, I’m reluctant to say it but this is sort of miserable. I’d have to pay them money equivalent to or more than the original game just to meaningfully make use of their extra class (ie. use it in my account without loosing hundreads of hours of play by deleting an existing character).

This argument ignores GW1 precedence (factions/nightfall) by which this feels an even worse deal.

I don’t mean to be overly critical Anet, but really how did you think that your players who funded your ability to make this expansion would feel about this? Are you surprised by the response?

Posted by: Zunnar.8503

Zunnar.8503

The problem I have is there is literally no incentive to pre-purchase as an existing customer. That’s not greed, that’s… hey… prepurchase… oh if you’re just one of those NORMAL buyers there’s really nothing bonus for you though.

The fact the incentive to pre-purchase is literally a blank slate no different than buying at launch is the huge problem for me. There’s no bonus whatsoever unless you pay 50% more, and the ludicrous $99 one is just a cash shop bundle.

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

a title? Cause existing players clearly don’t have enough of those