Look out! Payment processor maintenance.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kruczek.3865

Kruczek.3865

So i am not “this guy” who will bash Anet all the time for every little mistake, but now i am seriously irritated.

Today after week of hard work i sit down to play some GW2. It also occurred to me that Heart of Thorns beta weekend is ending tomorrow. I thought it would be cool to check Revenant, so i decided to finally Pre-purchase expansion.

What happened?

I “bought” it through buy.guildwars2.com. Why quotation marks? Cos i threw 45€ and didn’t get my product. I knew something is wrong when i saw summary and there was no serial code there.

I went to my e-mail to check if i will find my serial code there – no luck. It said:

“Thank You for Your Purchase

Welcome to the world of Guild Wars 2!

Your serial code(s) are listed below. If any of your purchases are gifts, please include the following instructions along with the serial code(s)."

But there was no serial code. I opened support ticket.

Then i was asked for all information regarding purchase. After an hour i got reply which stated that “payment processor is currently undergoing maintenance.”

What the hell Anet?

My question is. Why in heaven would you not tell us about this maintenance before we throw our money at you? If you know that we won’t receive product we “bought” just please disable purchases and don’t waste our time and money for this nonsense. I just bought HoT to take part in beta weekend and apparently i will be not allowed to. Also i don’t have my 45€ – which in my country is quite a lot of money. That is ridiculous. Get your kitten together. Seriously.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Perhaps, it is down for maintenance to fix the issue of it not sending Serial Keys. /shrug

Good luck.

Kruczek.3865

I do understand that maintenance is something necessary from time to time and is used while fixing issues. My complaint is – they should’ve informed about it before i could give them my money. I also have hard time believing that i am the first person who has this issue and that payment processor is down only because of my case. That’s all.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Who knows? Stranger things have happened. I’ve not seen any other posts about it. You might have been in the first batch of people experiencing the issue, and once they got support tickets about it, set about fixing it. No idea.

It would be difficult to put up a notice before they were aware of the issue, though.

I’m sure it will be ameliorated soon, and you will be sent your Serial Key.

Skritt happens, sometimes. Sorry to hear it was to you.

Good luck.

Kruczek.3865

Maybe you’re right and i just overreacted. Thanks for kind words!

Posted by: Drake Funk Hut.5678

Drake Funk Hut.5678

didnt get my code either, guess i’ll wave godbye to the 75£ i spent :’(

Posted by: Koven Acris.5236

Koven Acris.5236

I just had the same thing, but didn’t get an email, my invoice and confirmation screen do not show any serial numbers to register with.

Still, I’m gonna hold off on the “OMG! I just lost £40” drama for now, I have a proof of purchase, so do you, it’ll get sorted.

Posted by: Drake Funk Hut.5678

Drake Funk Hut.5678

it’s alot of money spent for a service not working properly though, usually when i buy stuff i expect it to work as intended. Doubt im the only one thinking that…

Kruczek.3865

Yes but when it will get sorted i will no longer be able to participate in this weekends beta event, which was why i pre purchased this expansion in the first place. I paid for it 4 hours ago and since then i should be able to play content i paid for. I’m not, so i guess it will be valid point while writing ticket for a refund.

Posted by: FornaxLacerta.6093

FornaxLacerta.6093

Same thing just happened to me. Girlfriend just left for the evening so I decided to drop $50 and try out the Revenant. It would have been nice of there was some kind of notice that the payment processor was going through account maintenance =/

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’d be extremely surprised if any of you lose your money by doing this.

At worst I’d expect to have to submit a support ticket to get the purchase completed, it may well go through automatically once the system is back up.

But I can’t imagine Anet ever saying “Oh, sorry it wasn’t working, you’re welcome to buy it again”.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

FornaxLacerta.6093

Yeah, I’m not worried about losing money. I was just hoping to play the Revenant tonight. That’s the reason I whipped out my credit card and ordered HoT this evening!

Posted by: Koven Acris.5236

Koven Acris.5236

Submitted a ticket and was told the following info -

“Thank you for contacting us.

Our payment processor is currently undergoing maintenance. During this period, all purchases will be delayed. Once the maintenance is over, all serial codes that were purchased during this maintenance will be sent out. We do not yet know when the maintenance will be over nor are we able to look up any orders during the maintenance. We ask that you please keep checking your e-mail for your confirmation e-mail.

If you do not receive your serial code by the end of the day, please reply back and let us know".

Kruczek.3865

Same here. They should also say to what timezone it applies. It’s 10 pm here, so i guess i will just write if i will not receive e-mail during these 2 hours.

Posted by: tovadaun.6304

tovadaun.6304

All maintenance is done on PST. This always has been, always will be.
Good Luck!
edit: I’m a doorknob and used the wrong wording.

Kitta the Conjurer, Guardian- At Your Service- Yak’s Bend
Stuff! Stuffy stuff stuff stuff!!

Posted by: suffixless.6492

suffixless.6492

I have the same problem as well! Was itching to make some new characters as well, so went and bought the Ultimate expansion ($100). Neither the final payment page nor the email confirmation had a serial code, just an order number.

I feel you with the frustration; I don’t really have time to play beyond weekends and was really excited to play in some of the beta events and start using the extra character slots. But I hear ANet is usually on top of this stuff, so hopefully it’s just a matter of hanging tight awhile longer!

FornaxLacerta.6093

Well I got an email about an hour ago saying:

“Thank You for Your Purchase

Welcome to the world of Guild Wars 2!

Your serial code(s) are listed below"

But there was no serial code in the email. I’m guessing maybe the maintenance didn’t go as planned…. lol

Kruczek.3865

Ok boys i just got my serial code and everything is fine!