Low Drop Rate of Airship Oil

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

Is there a reason why airship oils have such low drop rates compared to Auric Dust, Leyline Sparks, and Crystalline Ore? I feel like it’s taking forever to get airship oils compared to the others, especially since the pact crowbars only come after long events. Why can’t you buy pact crowbars with the airship parts even though you can buy the keys for the other maps with currency? I feel like I’m gathering more airship parts than airship oils from the supplies.

Seems like ArenaNet forgot about airship oils when they buffed the other materials in the other HoT maps. It would be nice if the drop rate could increase to at least 1 guaranteed per supply so I’m not having to end up opening up 1,500+ at this rate just to get 500 airship oils. The other option would be to allow us to buy pact crowbars from the vendor with the airship parts.

(edited by Vixena.3821)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Or they can just give you all of my stacks that I have no use for. But yes, the drop rate does seem lower than ley line sparks.

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I have a ton even after two legendaries. Gotten all mine from airship cargo but then again I seem to never run out of crobars so I haven’t noticed the drop rate

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

Are you just doing events over and over again to get the crowbars? Maybe I’m missing something that would help with getting them.

Posted by: steveway.3167

steveway.3167

I tend to get more crowbars than I need. I have over 100 in my inventory right now. One day I just ran through looking for the chests to open with only doing the occasional event and still had a lot left over. I have always thought we get way more crowbars than any other keys like acid or exalted. When I play the metas in VB I usually just focus on doing the events without running around too much looking for the crates to open. I usually just do them for the exp to level up my masteries and open a chest as I find them.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Are you just doing events over and over again to get the crowbars? Maybe I’m missing something that would help with getting them.

Easiest way is to participate in the VB meta. Use LFG to find an organized map, or organize one yourself. Reaching T4 is much more forgiving since the April patch.

Even if you opened every airship cargo in sight, a T4 run will give a net gain of crowbars.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I want something to eat my excess Airship Oil, Auric Dust, & Leyline Sparks… I guess I’ll just make stacks of Fulgrite I don’t need to condense some of that junk.

Posted by: themillwater.5846

themillwater.5846

I want something to eat my excess Airship Oil, Auric Dust, & Leyline Sparks… I guess I’ll just make stacks of Fulgrite I don’t need to condense some of that junk.

Yes please, I see the excess becoming an issue for some in the future.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m… not sure if the OP is joking or not. I found it so incredibly easy to get Airship Oil. (1500+ and rising). On the other hand, Ley-Line Sparks are much more difficult to get, and have far more uses (although the Spring Update did improve this a lot.)

I do agree that in the future, we’ll need some way of converting these mats into usable stuff. I think purchasing additional tabs for the Ley-Matter Energy Converter should do the trick.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I tend to get more crowbars than I need. I have over 100 in my inventory right now. One day I just ran through looking for the chests to open with only doing the occasional event and still had a lot left over. I have always thought we get way more crowbars than any other keys like acid or exalted. When I play the metas in VB I usually just focus on doing the events without running around too much looking for the crates to open. I usually just do them for the exp to level up my masteries and open a chest as I find them.

Yeah, seriously. I went on a cargo spree, thinking “i’ll do events on the way, but looking for cargo”.

Go for about an hour, look inside my inventory to see how many crowbars I have. Still over 100…

….wut?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Is there a reason why airship oils have such low drop rates compared to Auric Dust, Leyline Sparks, and Crystalline Ore? I feel like it’s taking forever to get airship oils compared to the others, especially since the pact crowbars only come after long events. Why can’t you buy pact crowbars with the airship parts even though you can buy the keys for the other maps with currency? I feel like I’m gathering more airship parts than airship oils from the supplies.

Seems like ArenaNet forgot about airship oils when they buffed the other materials in the other HoT maps. It would be nice if the drop rate could increase to at least 1 guaranteed per supply so I’m not having to end up opening up 1,500+ at this rate just to get 500 airship oils. The other option would be to allow us to buy pact crowbars from the vendor with the airship parts.

I wish I could sell you the oil I have, I can’t see myself ever using it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

I wish I could sell you the oil I have, I can’t see myself ever using it.

Same here, I really have no used for them aswell. They really should removed them as accountbound.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I, too, wish we could sell/trade these ascended mats. I have no use for them at all, and so it all just piles up (in collection storage and then in my bank).

Posted by: zakuruchi.4086

zakuruchi.4086

Prolly the lower rate is due to the higher amount of cargo and crowbars..? Even while getting out of my way to open cargos, i still have over 300 crowbars >.>

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

With all the airships parked all over Tyria, you’d think you’d run into some NPC willing to buy some airship oil.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Yes, I find the VB map currency and airship oils to be the hardest to get since you have to open the cargos and I never seem to have any crowbars. Its a very weird contrast to the other two maps that are much easier.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Yes, I find the VB map currency and airship oils to be the hardest to get since you have to open the cargos and I never seem to have any crowbars. Its a very weird contrast to the other two maps that are much easier.

Now see I have loads of every key, but machetes for DS. I can never get enough. Crowbars I’m swimming in. I played one round today and ended up with over 1000 airship parts. So I finished off my heavy bladed armor set. I just have to do the map once more so I can get my last POI to have that map fully mapped out. Not looking forward to TD and DS.

But in that 2 hours I got 36 airship oil. So I don’t know if that’s good or not.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|