Machined Shield Backing not dropping?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

Q:

Hi all,

All that’s left for me to receive both Horologicus and Glint’s Bastion is to get the Machined Shield Backing, which will complete the Machined Shield so I can complete the collections for both ascended shields.

I completed Dragon Stand yesterday and was under the impression that the completion chest had a guaranteed drop for collection items, but it did not drop. I then opened about kitten Noxious Pods and received no collection item.

Is this a bug? Has anyone else seen this occur?

I did receive one of the collection items for the Warmaster’s Pack, did that collection item drop make it so i did not receive the other collection item?

Help please! I have been trying for Glint’s Bastion for months.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

A:

If you have multiple collections open for example Reaper, and Dare Devil and you must kill the same creature in this case Treasure Mushroom. The treasure Mushroom will drop 1 item randomly not 2. So you have to Kill Mordemoth again. Thats how it works.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

Great, thanks for the answer. Bummed to have to spend 2 more hours trying to get people to do the towers right, but at least now I know it’s not bugged!

I do wonder why it never dropped from the 40+ Noxious Pods I opened…

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Torzini.1523

Torzini.1523

Hi all,
I completed Dragon Stand yesterday and was under the impression that the completion chest had a guaranteed drop for collection items, but it did not drop. I then opened about kitten Noxious Pods and received no collection item.

The completion chest does not guarantee you will receive a collection item. There is merely a chance for you to get it from the chest, just as there is a chance to get one from each noxious pod. Those items in particular are RNG-based— if you don’t get them at first, try, try again.

Posted by: Mikal Dynath.6195

Mikal Dynath.6195

You could be me … you could’ve completed Glint’s Bastion, then deleted the machined shield because it’s Exotic.
… THEN started your Mesmer’s elite spec and realize you need to make a shield again ….

… awesome!!!

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

You could be me … you could’ve completed Glint’s Bastion, then deleted the machined shield because it’s Exotic.
… THEN started your Mesmer’s elite spec and realize you need to make a shield again ….

… awesome!!!

Are you sure you needed to remake it? I’ve always had my collection items unlock automatically even if the original item was gone. Definitely was the case when I did the daredevil staff… I had discarded that mystic staff ages ago. Only part that wouldn’t do that was the adventure chest.

Posted by: Mikal Dynath.6195

Mikal Dynath.6195

The mystic barricade unlocked for me, but I still had that in my bank.

The machined shield I salvaged before starting the Mesmer collection, the machined staff has not unlocked.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

… awesome!!!

That shouldn’t be correct… since it should be based on the skin unlock in your wardrobe.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

That shouldn’t be correct… since it should be based on the skin unlock in your wardrobe.

Agreed… and you can’t “remake” the machined shield, since it is a collection reward, you can’t craft another copy.

Posted by: Eleiyas.8217

Eleiyas.8217

I had EXACTLY the same problem.

Did 3x Dragon’s Stand meta event and busted almost 100 machetes trying to get it.

I then log in the next day, randomly go to Dragon’s Stand with my last machete and bam! It drops.

RNG sucks bro! but it will drop at some point! ^^

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

… awesome!!!

Are you sure you needed to remake it? I’ve always had my collection items unlock automatically even if the original item was gone. Definitely was the case when I did the daredevil staff… I had discarded that mystic staff ages ago. Only part that wouldn’t do that was the adventure chest.

That only happens if the collection is unlocked when you get it. If you have both collections unlocked and you get a piece, it’ll apply to both collections.

However, if you’ve not bought the plated weapon for the second one, the collection isn’t unlocked yet. When you get a piece for the first collection it applies. It can’t apply to the second collection because it doesn’t yet exist.

It can only apply itself to unlocked collections. If you unlock the collection subsequently you have to get the missing part again.