Maguuma jungle at 5 fps

Maguuma jungle at 5 fps

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Lost Dragons Tail.3760

Lost Dragons Tail.3760

This is ridiculous. I paid for the expansion but am unable to do much if anything in the maguuma jungle because whatever anet has done in the area has caused my computer to only get about 5 fps in the instances.
Everything is so laggy that by the time a skill is registered by me activating it the skill is to late to even do any good. I’ve only done a few steps in the living story part but can’t do it on my ranger. The only thing that allowed me to do it on my necro was all my minions killing things while I stand helpless.
I don’t know what is done differently in those areas but it kills fps to the point of making it all but impossible to even play the game. I enjoy the game and at this time don’t have money to blow on a new computer. When I downloaded the game it said my computer was just above minimum to play,but now I think anet changed that with this new content. And if they did then that is not very good business in my opinion since not everyone has money to blow on a computer when they just bought a new one not to long ago.

Maguuma jungle at 5 fps

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

How is your performance outside of the HoT zones? How many fps do you get?

Keep in mind that the first HoT-zone (Verdant Brink) is more demanding than the other three.

(edited by Straylight.7529)

Maguuma jungle at 5 fps

Lost Dragons Tail.3760

I’ve only been in Verdant Brink so far. Was wanting to get through most if not all the story mode. Plus I follow the story line so I have a clue where I can go. Me and mazes don’t work well together and anet sure made the jungle with all the ups and downs extremely confusing to me. LOL

Maguuma jungle at 5 fps

Lost Dragons Tail.3760

And if the other zones are not as demanding maybe I can just deal with dying a lot to get through to the others.

Maguuma jungle at 5 fps

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Whenever i try to go to the ogre lane in TD the game essentially breaks. I go from smooth 60 fps or so to a sttuttering unplayable mess. The sound also bugs out. Not sure what it is about the specific area but it is complete garbage.

As for lag… Oftentimes when i volunteer to leave an empty map i get chucked into one with massive lag and skill delay.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Maguuma jungle at 5 fps

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

Verdant Brink is not more demanding than Auric Basin ! Or at least it doesn’t seem that way. I get about 45 fps in most HoT areas which is a big less than I get in most of Central Tyria. Auric Basin, particularly Tarir with its overload of flowing water, particles, and Gods know what else violently murders my fps, dropping me to about 10-20fps if it’s feeling generous (though it is a bit better on the ground in the centre of the city). The 64bit client helped a tiny bit, but idk.

Maguuma jungle at 5 fps

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

No doubt this will be moved to a more appropriate category by a mod but as Straylight asked what’s your fps in core?

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Maguuma jungle at 5 fps

Posted by: Xel.6284

Xel.6284

I feel your pain. I’m facing the same issue and am unable to enjoy the game. Hopefully, they’ll do something about it. I’m running at the lowest graphic settings to improve performance, but it’s still not good enough.

Maguuma jungle at 5 fps

Posted by: ferdi.1452

ferdi.1452

Same problem. My pc isn’t the newest but with medium graphic settings I can usually get around 60 fps in core zones. When I go to HoT zones, I have around 20-25 fps (With both 32 and 64 bit clients).

Maguuma jungle at 5 fps

Posted by: Bean Muncher.5197

Bean Muncher.5197

Same problem. I have 40 fps in core tyria, and 15 fps in verdant brink (both in calm areas; no zergs). It hurts my eyes.

Maguuma jungle at 5 fps

Posted by: Preserver.8457

Preserver.8457

Same problem. In fact, all the new maps added in HoT, including WvW borderlands and sPvP Stronghold, run like kitten.

In vanilla maps I get 55 fps with graphics on low (which I’m fine with). In all the HoT maps it drops to 15-20 fps, and camera control is laggy as hell. This makes any type of challenging play, pvp, or even narrow passage traversal nigh impossible.

I haven’t been able to play any HoT map for more than an hour total due to frustration. Consequently, I haven’t unlocked any elite specs, which are the whole reason I purchased the expansion. I regret buying it at all, let alone the $100 ultimate edition.

Maguuma jungle at 5 fps

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

This is ridiculous. I paid for the expansion but am unable to do much if anything in the maguuma jungle because whatever anet has done in the area has caused my computer to only get about 5 fps in the instances.

How did they cause your computer to only get about 5 fps in the instances?

You need to upgrade your gpu. You’re responsible for that.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Maguuma jungle at 5 fps

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Same problem here, kinda forces to spam 1 as it gets hard to aim aoe spells or any other position related skill, not to mention hard to know when to dodge if you miss half of the attack animations.

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Maguuma jungle at 5 fps

Lost Dragons Tail.3760

mrauls by your comment you are implying that you did not read my post either completely or clearly since I stated that I do not have the money to get another computer. Granted I did not say that my computer was an all in one and impossible to upgrade a gpu but whether it was or not it still cost money that not everybody has to blow on a computer. And the reason I said anet cause the 5 fps is because they are the ones that made the game. If they had not made the game I wouldn’t be playing gw2 and thus would not have a fps problem. It was a simple a statement implying that something was done differently in those map areas compared to others.
And just as a side note this will be all I will comment on this subject. I did not post in the forums to bicker about who can do what who made a program. I simply posted mainly out of frustration and also because anet says to post if one is having problems. I doubt much can or will be done on the subject but I felt I at least should put what I am going through on the forums. Then Anet can choose what they want to do with the information.

Maguuma jungle at 5 fps

Posted by: Faab.8049

Faab.8049

I’m suffering from the same problem. Vanilla GW2 works quite smooth (good FPS and input lag) on low graphics settings and on wireless, even in the middle of a boss fight. My router and internet connection is more that suitable for this purpose.

Then i go to a HoT map and that not only drops the FPS, i also suffer from contol lag.
gliding is near impossible because it deploys about 1s later than it should. But also in general contols are laggy, and its taking the joy out of the game.
Instances in HoT run fine however, so it seems to be something relating to the open world maps in HoT.

Maguuma jungle at 5 fps

Posted by: ferdi.1452

ferdi.1452

Hope they do something about it since both gw2 core game and HoT have the same minimum system requirements.

Maguuma jungle at 5 fps

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Downloading the 64 bit client helped me

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Maguuma jungle at 5 fps

Lost Dragons Tail.3760

I actually thought about that Kuritsutain but was thinking of waiting till a few of the major bugs are corrected. Although you posting has made me rethink this since I found out that it doesn’t actually replace the 32 bit one.