Malyck in HoT?

Malyck in HoT?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

So something I hope Anet has not forgotten being Malyck the sylvari from another Pale Tree also known as the Harbinger by the Nightmare Court.

Do you think he may appear as a Ally or as a Enemy?

(assuming Anet has not forgotten about him and his journey into the Magus Falls.)

Malyck in HoT?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

If Caithe didn’t kill him (and I suspect that she did, especially now that we know what she knew about the sylvari), then she likely went after their pale tree with some kind of poison or something. So, he could be a bitter survivor, not under the dragon’s control, but out for vengeance in his own right. Someone out to repay Caithe in kind.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Malyck in HoT?

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

If Caithe didn’t kill him (and I suspect that she did, especially now that we know what she knew about the sylvari), then she likely went after their pale tree with some kind of poison or something. So, he could be a bitter survivor, not under the dragon’s control, but out for vengeance in his own right. Someone out to repay Caithe in kind.

That would be remarkably bad storytelling, to have such incredible events happen entirely offscreen.

Malyck in HoT?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

That would be remarkably bad storytelling, to have such incredible events happen entirely offscreen.

While they did happen offscreen, there are hints of them if you play through the right parts of the storylines. And we could still find Malyck’s dead tree or something, and get flashbacks to explain the story.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Malyck in HoT?

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I know it is nearly impossible, but I just so want Malyck to be alright.

Malyck in HoT?

Posted by: Danel.8573

Danel.8573

Well, there is that artwork with Rytlock looking at a Pale Tree in the jungle, so there is likely going to be something in HoT.
I can’t seem to find it, but it was shown during the HoT Announcement.
Even though the image shows a bright tree like the one in the grove, I could also imagine the other tree to be corrupted, or a dungeon. Or it could even be where Mordremoth is located.