Masteries on characters and skillpoints

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

Does this affect existing chars as well?
Furthermore: If SP’s cannot be gained anymore by levelling beyond 80…will this affect the price of crafted items where SP’s are needed ?

I really hope aquiring SP’s will be compensated fairly..

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.

Posted by: meklin.4530

meklin.4530

Expect the Anomaly to double in price… Oh and the fact that you need ~350 SP to craft 1 Legendary… Hmmmm……..

metaldude.4132

Exactly!
So..I assume the prec’s will drop in price..but the final Legendary product will skyrocket?

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.

Posted by: Akari Kage.1403

Akari Kage.1403

It all depends how they are handling the skill points.
For example if you get 1 skill point per dungeon daily will it really skyrocket? at least 8 Sp per day + maybe 1 for each fractal daily? that would be 12 skill points per day.
I wouldn’t assume right now legendary or the anomaly would skyrocket…

You can all fight dragons, defend against them, protect the weak… I HUNT them (Dragonhunter)!

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

You don’t get a skill point from filling an XP bar anymore. I don’t see that having any impact of the rivers of skill point scrolls flowing from other sources like champion bags.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

metaldude.4132

That would be a relief

Posted by: Cherokeewill.7504

Cherokeewill.7504

You don’t get a skill point from filling an XP bar anymore. I don’t see that having any impact of the rivers of skill point scrolls flowing from other sources like champion bags.

to quote the wiki: Skillpoint

Acquisition

1 skill point is earned for each of the following:
Completing a skill challenge
Past level 80, for every 254,000 experience points earned (one level).
Dessa’s Experiment Journal (purchased for 35 Fractal Relics)
Scroll of Knowledge

etc….

I can also confirm that as of last night, filling the experience bar does grant a skillpoint. I watched it on my toon.

I’d like to see Anet address if skillpoints will be accumulated after HoT only through levelling and consumables or if they will still accumulate after 80 through regular game play.

Edit: kitten , asked and answered:

“This means characters that have reached level 80 will no longer gain skill points through leveling. Skill points will be added as rewards across high-level content to offset this change.”

So, next question; Will these be time gated or one time rewards? Or more scrolls?

(edited by Cherokeewill.7504)

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

My guess (which guessing is all we can do since they haven’t said explicitly) is that they will simply add SP Scrolls as an automatic drop for certain content. Taking that even further, it will likely drop automatically from the boss chests, explorable dungeon path rewords, fractals, and maybe even the “completionist” daily reward chest.

personally, I think this is more than enough.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Does this affect existing chars as well?
Furthermore: If SP’s cannot be gained anymore by levelling beyond 80…will this affect the price of crafted items where SP’s are needed ?

I really hope aquiring SP’s will be compensated fairly..

Yes it will until people realize that

Skill points will be added as rewards across high-level content to offset this change.

We already get a lot of skill points from champion bags. About 1/4 to half of my current skill points are from me collecting champion bags.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

My question is what happens to the experience bar for those who don’t buy the xpac and for those who only WvW?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

No idea what will happen for those that don’t buy, but I’m almost certain I’ve gotten scrolls of knowledge from boss chests in EoTM now and then. Even if not, they are in ready supply in the Silverwatstes.

Posted by: waibird.6719

waibird.6719

The changes will not take place till the expansion which will be a long time away and just before it becomes live,many will use all the consumables up just like what happened to the karma changes