Masteries [suggestion]

Masteries [suggestion]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

Basic masteries – easy to get, more available, basic mechanics, for practice.
Advance masteries – higher requirements to get, advance mechanics, few available, better rewards when used.

Possibly intermediate and more expanded.

(edited by Zahld.4956)

Masteries [suggestion]

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

And how is this a question? + aint it like this already.

Masteries [suggestion]

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

Can’t undo question thing for some reason..

Masteries [suggestion]

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Can’t undo question thing for some reason..

I took care of that for you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Masteries [suggestion]

Posted by: bahanwoodcarver.6071

bahanwoodcarver.6071

Would love some new masteries indeed.

For example, I would like a gathering masteries line in Tyria masteries. This masteries line could allow us to gather faster or which would give us chance for rarer stuff or which would allow us to see all the nodes on an entire map.

Hope you will add new masteries soon !

Masteries [suggestion]

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

An idea i’d like to see explored is Racial masteries. It always bothered me how separate you become from your racial origins and how little impact your choice of race had on your pve life, so perhaps a mastery that unlocks benefits for your characters chosen race? things like:

-Unlocking minor activities, such as perhaps a 1v1 training arena in the black citadel for Charr characters or getting into drinking contests as a norn

-Unique Dialogue responses and choices from NPC’s of a certain race or faction, such as more in depth dialogue with your chosen patron deity’s priest(ess) as a human or ‘talking shop’ with members of your college as an asura (mainly for those who like immersion/roleplaying)

-Slightly improved racial abilities – add in small buffs to your current racial abilities, such as minor utilities when you ‘become the (insert animal here)’ or to make your summoned golem/power suit doubled in duration (elite becomes disabled while it’s out and only starts its recharge countdown after its death. switching elites also kills it.)

-Home turf advantage: While in certain areas belonging to your homeland you gain a boost (such as perhaps karma, given that you’re better known in those lands, or Experience. maybe a minor speed buff?)

Just my two cents.

Masteries [suggestion]

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I think a gathering mastery would be awesome. Something along the lines of

Gathering:
I – Gather materials 10% faster
II – Guaranteed extra strike/gather per node
III – Learn to skin animals and have 100% chance of getting a piece of leather/something that salvages into leather when killing appropriate creatures (so cows, dolyaks, deer etc…)
IV – 50% chance for # of uses to not decrease on the gathering tool when used
V – 15% chance to “recover” a node after depleting it and get to gather from it again

Crafting could also use a mastery ability (just 1 though so it would be in a separate mastery line) about if you are crafting in bulk (>10 of the same item) then the time to craft is decreased by 50% would be nice. Or I guess if we get a plethora of mastery points crafting could have its own 3 tier line. First tier would be 15%, 30%, 50% faster when crafting in bulk.

Possibly a combat mastery line that would only work in PvE

Combat:
I – Endurance recovers 10% faster
II – Movement speed reduction while in combat is decreased 10%
III – Dodging cleanses 1 condition at random, ICD 20 seconds
IV – 10% bonus damage to and 10% reduced damage from elite and champion mobs
V – Movement speed reduction while in combat is decreased by 50%

Masteries [suggestion]

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

I want a mastery that allows you to take contested waypoints. Especially needed in HoT (I’m sick and tired of running to find a high spot to resort to gliding).

Masteries [suggestion]

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Gathering:
III – Learn to skin animals and have 100% chance of getting a piece of leather/something that salvages into leather when killing appropriate creatures (so cows, dolyaks, deer etc…)
V – 15% chance to “recover” a node after depleting it and get to gather from it again

Adding to this, I’d love it if a gathering mastery would let you see nodes on the big map.

Masteries [suggestion]

OriOri.8724

@Zoltar while I would love that, the only reason I didn’t put it down is because I think that the reason they aren’t displayed on the big map is technical reasons. If it can be done I would love it, I’m just not sure if it can be done.

Masteries [suggestion]

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

allow us to see all the nodes on an entire map.

This would be awesome, especially if it highlights the orichalcum and ancient wood nodes.

Masteries [suggestion]

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

Gathering:

Crafting could also use a mastery ability (just 1 though so it would be in a separate mastery line) about if you are crafting in bulk (>10 of the same item) then the time to craft is decreased by 50% would be nice. Or I guess if we get a plethora of mastery points crafting could have its own 3 tier line. First tier would be 15%, 30%, 50% faster when crafting in bulk.

Possibly a combat mastery line that would only work in PvE

Combat:
I – Endurance recovers 10% faster
II – Movement speed reduction while in combat is decreased 10%
III – Dodging cleanses 1 condition at random, ICD 20 seconds
IV – 10% bonus damage to and 10% reduced damage from elite and champion mobs
V – Movement speed reduction while in combat is decreased by 50%

I too love the idea of more core tyria masteries. I really love the idea of gathering & crafting masteries even though I have already max level in all disciplines except the newest. I love the idea of core masteries that could affect HoT kinda reverse of how HoT gliding is useful in core Tyria.

I have suggested racial specialization elsewhere, but the racial mastery idea expressed by @Sanders here sounds cool too. However ANET has already intentionally reduced the viability of racial skills to prevent specific race/profession combinations from becoming meta, so any masteries that would threaten that race/profession neutrality almost certainly will not happen.

I can guarantee that the combat mastery idea won’t happen regardless. Masteries are intentionally designed so as to not give unbalanced advantage to one player and not another. That is why masteries give convenience or unlock access only. Early into the announcements for HoT ANET declared that one of the lines would strip armor from mordrem while another would apply poison to mordrem. Both were adjusted to what we have now. Also the combat mastery would give an unfair advantage of HoT owners over vanilla or ftp accounts.

However the rest sounds excellent to me! Hopefully someone from ANET will take note and out this suggestion on the table.

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

Masteries [suggestion]

OriOri.8724

I can guarantee that the combat mastery idea won’t happen regardless. Masteries are intentionally designed so as to not give unbalanced advantage to one player and not another. That is why masteries give convenience or unlock access only. Early into the announcements for HoT ANET declared that one of the lines would strip armor from mordrem while another would apply poison to mordrem. Both were adjusted to what we have now. Also the combat mastery would give an unfair advantage of HoT owners over vanilla or ftp accounts.

However the rest sounds excellent to me! Hopefully someone from ANET will take note and out this suggestion on the table.

You mean unbalanced as in no free speed boosts? No free cooldown reductions? No free removal of a status through dodging? Or how about being able to see the enemies while in stealth. I see what you are saying, but the current HoT masteries already do give combat bonuses, and at least for the stealth detection its a pretty big bonus as well. Other than the 10% increased damage to/decreased damage from elite and champion mobs, the effects I listed are in line with the combat boosts we already receive through HoT masteries, which is why I remain hopeful that we might get a combat mastery line.

Specifically about the armor stripping mastery though, I thought that was axed because it just wan’t a good mechanic and it was only effective against a very small number of mobs in the first place? I could be wrong about that though.

Masteries [suggestion]

Posted by: Cristalyan.5728

Cristalyan.5728

OriOri.8724

Gathering:

Excelent idea – Point III is the most I like :-))
What about some salvaging mastery? For example, in a Sword (or Greatsword) you use 12 ingots and 2 wood planks. This can be translated (for lvl 80 weapons) in 24 ore + 6 wood logs. When you salvage such a weapon you usually get 2-3 ore back (that means ONE of the materials). So:
Salvaging:
I. – X% chance to get back half of one of the materials used to craft the item (the base item, not insignia/inscription)
II. – Y% chance to get back 75% of one of the the materials used to craft the item.
III. X% chance to get back half of all the materials used to craft the item
IV. X% chance to get insignias/inscriptions
V. The possibility to salvage the inscription/insignia into the component parts.

I don’t know if the Guardian of the Pauperity and Scarcity in the game (Darth J.S) will like such suggestion. But is worth to try :-)). Rather than an one use mastery (see Exalted gathering) needed only for one or two collection items, I think that a mastery useful for a long time is worth investing the MP in.