Mastery(HoT) or Rank(EoN). Are they the Same?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: BloodyEvevle.8439

BloodyEvevle.8439

Is it Just me or Does the New Mastery system that HoT will bring with it seem to be arena net just re hashing an old idea "see EoN release for guild wars 1 (The Rank system) http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_of_Eye_of_the_North_skills ". I don’t mean to be having a go at arena net they have done amazing work to date with Guild Wars 2.

I hope the new mastery system isn’t going to turn Guild Wars 2 into a Grinder For End Game this would take away from the hard work A-Net have done to date.

P.S. for the Love of Tryia please make crafted Legendary Weapons account bound on acquire like the ascended Weapons and Armour.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

While there are some slight similarites I wouldn’t say they are the same.

The masteries seems to be a much broader system for one, and not just tied specfically to combat.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Yeah, the EotN ranks are too specialized, just like the Lightbringer ranks from Nightfall.
The masteries feels way more broad and useful in many aspects of the game.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

it sounds similar enough that we can draw comparisons, but with EotN tracks, it was more of a “take forever to progress through this, because every possible reward is tied to the same track”, whereas the masteries are spread through various, more specific tracks that (hopefully) won’t take as long to progress.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell