Mastery Points

Mastery Points

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Tony.8659

Tony.8659

So now I’m stuck at 87 MP’s and the only way to earn more is to do achievements? I for one am not a fan of doing achievements, Anet why can’t you make it so when you level up you also earn 1 MP? So in order to have 163 MP’s I need to do achievements :/ Please change the way you earn MP’s I’m sure some of the players also do not like to do most of the achievements…

Mastery Points

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

insights strongboxes and adventures cover most of what you need.there is no real need to do achevments

Mastery Points

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

There’s entirely too much gameplay in this game.

Mastery Points

Tony.8659

I got everything and I’m only missing one MP in the VB JP which I hate but it’s just one MP. I did everything else and have 100% map completion in Tyria and HoT. I really do not feel like doing some story missions over again to me once is enough…

Mastery Points

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

I’ve got everything done and 12 mastery points left over for HoT. Counting the 9 mastery points I’m missing from some silver/gold adventures that puts me at a potential 21 HoT mastery points left over.

Considering the total amount of mastery points from story missions are 18 (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks) and you get 1 for completing the story (so it’s 14), you have more than enough spare mastery points from other locations to go for.

Will they be as easy as doing some of the insanely easy story achievements? Probaly not. But it is doable.

Mastery Points

Tony.8659

Thanks for the guide. I have 36 more MP I need to have HoT MP line done. This will take some time to do I see…:/ Still would like Anet to give you one MP everytime you gain a level, or maybe one every 2 levels.

Mastery Points

Posted by: catnip.7903

catnip.7903

well, it is called “Mastery” for a reason

What lies in the furthest reaches of the sky?
That which will guide the lost child back to her mother’s arms: Exile.

Mastery Points

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Thanks for the guide. I have 36 more MP I need to have HoT MP line done. This will take some time to do I see…:/ Still would like Anet to give you one MP everytime you gain a level, or maybe one every 2 levels.

It’s never going to happen because it would defeat the entire point of putting them behind content in the first place.

The idea is to drive people to do content, rather than just give it to them for something they’re doing anyway. If you want the points you do the content. That’s sort of the point.

Mastery points are a limited resource for a reason. You don’t need them all. You can choose not to do some of the content. But you have to actually play the game to progress.

Mastery Points

Posted by: Ajja.4583

Ajja.4583

I think all mastery abilities are going to be needed. Looking at the turn this expansion has taken I can see no reason to why not all mastery should be required to be unlocked. If not able to unlock all mastery abilities it will be a consequence later on.

In HoT there is content that some players are unable to do even if they want to collect the mastery points. I think it should have been more options to collect mastery points. I see no real reason to why there could not be more mastery points to collect without playing mini games or repeating story. That has nothing to do with mastering the game or the skill to play the game. Also who would come to harm if some mastery points would be given for going one level or two?

Mastery Points

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

So now I’m stuck at 87 MP’s and the only way to earn more is to do achievements? I for one am not a fan of doing achievements, Anet why can’t you make it so when you level up you also earn 1 MP? So in order to have 163 MP’s I need to do achievements :/ Please change the way you earn MP’s I’m sure some of the players also do not like to do most of the achievements…

So you are saying that we should get mastery points for…not mastering the different aspects of the game?

Don’t get me wrong: I’m no fan of some of the mastery requirements; I’ve been putting off adventures because it’s exactly the sort of content I’ve always avoided before. Still, it’s hard to see it as unreasonable to succeed at each just once.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Mastery Points

Posted by: Flimsa.3712

Flimsa.3712

Doing all events in all maps is very much mastering different aspects of the game and I don’t see a problem with being rewarded with a mastery point when manage to level up. Going up and down all over the maps to find mastery points using a guide from Dulfy or YouTube is not more mastering different aspects in the game than doing all events to gain experience to level up a charater. Replaying a story is not mastering different aspect the game; it’s only doing things we were not allowed to do at first run. To many mastery points are locked behind mini games and that is very discouraging when not able to play them. There are several reasons for not being able to play mini games that have a short timer attached to them. The real achievement in this expansion is to do the same event over and over.

Mastery Points

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

Wait, you can get mastery points not from achievements as well? :P

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson