Mastery requirements for elite collections...

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

This is just way too much. You really expect me to grind out all of the mastery points of the exalted just to get a useless auric sharpening stone that has nothing to do with anything related to the weapon or the game or anything new else? What kind of bull kitten is this?

I’m a pvp player but I care about weapon skins. I want horologicus. I’m giving up precious time learning the new metagame for pvp to grind exp for a skin. It’s frustrating because there’s just too much.

I’ve been doing lots of events and map completion and today I decided to sit down and calculate how much exp I need to get the item based on what I already have. I need to spend 28 mastery points which will take me 12.7 million exp. with full boosters that’s 3175 spiders. Am I going insane? Am I really willing to kill three thousand spiders just to get an item that’s cool but not overly flashy or anything because it’s gated behind such a wall of Bull kitten?

Legend arises should require this much experience grinding, not the basic profession skin for your elite spec. It’s just too much and it’s making me resent the game rather than enjoy it because I have to go into pve to get a skin that I can’t get in pvp. It’s making me so frustrated.

There.
Rant over.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Posted by: logan.5846

logan.5846

You’ll also need 75g worth of various items,, 750 of each zone currency, and a rare drop from noxious pods which only spawn after a 2 hour event in which you’ll be lucky if you have a chance to loot 5-10 of them. You also need to kill a treasure mushroom, which requires Nuhoch stealth mastery. I don’t know if you factored that one in.

Oh yeah, and you need map completion of one zone in HoT.

(edited by logan.5846)

nearlight.3064

You’ll also need 75g worth of various items,, 750 of each zone currency, and a rare drop from noxious pods which only spawn after a 2 hour event in which you’ll be lucky if you have a chance to loot 5-10 of them. You also need to kill a treasure mushroom, which requires Nuhoch stealth mastery. I don’t know if you factored that one in.

I did all that excepted for the machines shield crap. I got the spore without the mastery from somehow hitting it with an AoE and I got bronze so that helps. The main issue is maxing out exalted. I have 250-350 of each map currency so I’m not at all concerned about that. I’m just venting about the spiders I have to kill to get my instant gratification.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Posted by: Mallis.4295

Mallis.4295

This is just way too much. You really expect me to grind out all of the pvp ranks just to get the dragon finisher? What kind of bull kitten is this?

I’m a pve player but I care about finisher skins skins. I want the dragon finisher. I’m giving up precious time learning the new metagame for pve to grind pvp ranks for a skin. It’s frustrating because there’s just too much.

I’ve been doing lots of hotjoin and unranked and today I decided to sit down and calculate how much rank points I need to get the skin based on what I already have. I need to get 3.8 million points. That’s 2300 unranked victories. Am I going insane? Am I really willing to spend 430 hours if I win every game just to get a skin that’s cool but not overly flashy or anything because it’s gated behind such a wall of Bull kitten?

Legend arises should require this much experience grinding, not the basic finisher skin for your pvp rank. It’s just too much and it’s making me resent the game rather than enjoy it because I have to go into pvp to get a skin that I can’t get in pve. It’s making me so frustrated.

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I havent gotten one of these weaps yet, but only a few of the skins seems nice enough to be worth it, considering it takes less resources just to craft an ascended weapon. Can you at least be able to pick from any of the new stat sets?

nearlight.3064

This is just way too much. You really expect me to grind out all of the pvp ranks just to get the dragon finisher? What kind of bull kitten is this?

I’m a pve player but I care about finisher skins skins. I want the dragon finisher. I’m giving up precious time learning the new metagame for pve to grind pvp ranks for a skin. It’s frustrating because there’s just too much.

I’ve been doing lots of hotjoin and unranked and today I decided to sit down and calculate how much rank points I need to get the skin based on what I already have. I need to get 3.8 million points. That’s 2300 unranked victories. Am I going insane? Am I really willing to spend 430 hours if I win every game just to get a skin that’s cool but not overly flashy or anything because it’s gated behind such a wall of Bull kitten?

Legend arises should require this much experience grinding, not the basic finisher skin for your pvp rank. It’s just too much and it’s making me resent the game rather than enjoy it because I have to go into pvp to get a skin that I can’t get in pve. It’s making me so frustrated.

Was this really necessary? Do you know how long is pvp only players have had to deal with no or little rewards while you guys run around rich with 6 legendaries each? Go home troll.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Posted by: Alone.1784

Alone.1784

I’m a pve player but I care about finisher skins skins. I want the dragon finisher. I’m giving up precious time learning the new metagame for pve to grind pvp ranks for a skin. It’s frustrating because there’s just too much

Pve player that collects finishers… that makes sense.

Mallis.4295

Was this really necessary? Do you know how long is pvp only players have had to deal with no or little rewards while you guys run around rich with 6 legendaries each? Go home troll.

Hey I don’t want to spend 850 hours playing PvP to get my dragon finisher. You don’t want to spend 5 hours killing spiders to get an ascended weapon. Who really has the short end of the stick here.

nearlight.3064

Hey I don’t want to spend 850 hours playing PvP to get my dragon finisher. You don’t want to spend 5 hours killing spiders to get an ascended weapon. Who really has the short end of the stick here.

850 hours of pvp is fun. 5 hours of spider farming is not.

And besides there’s literally nothing you can get from pvp that you couldn’t get from pve. Those finishers are essentially useless to you, since you won’t finish anyone in pve. I mean yeah there’s WvW but that’s not relevant to the conversation.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

And besides there’s literally nothing you can get from pvp that you couldn’t get from pve. Those finishers are essentially useless to you, since you won’t finish anyone in pve. I mean yeah there’s WvW but that’s not relevant to the conversation.

Not that it matters but there are a few enemies in PvE that you can/must “finish”. Like all those special veterans with the mordrem seed events in Kessex Hills, Brisbane, etc. that spawn from time to time (look for big yellow flower symbol on the map). There you can parade your finishers in PvE

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

Mallis.4295

Not that it matters but there are a few enemies in PvE that you can/must “finish”. Like all those special veterans with the mordrem seed events in Kessex Hills, Brisbane, etc. that spawn from time to time (look for big yellow flower symbol on the map). There you can parade your finishers in PvE

And /rank. It’s a cosmetic you can show off just like a weapon skin.

And as for what is fun is purely opinion. 850 is wayyyyy more than 5 though lol.

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

The machined weapon part is a guaranteed drop(or at least a high drop rate) from the Mouth’s chest after you’ve unlocked the collection. Buy the plated weapon first and you can get it immediately.

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

Try not farming spiders because they’re slower exp than doing DS meta like a normal player.

Posted by: Winnower.1426

Winnower.1426

Mallis got it going on. Nice sense of perspective and humor.

Posted by: Vyce.2014

Vyce.2014

This game has a ton of armor and weapon skins. Some really cool ones for mere silver on the TP. Some cost a handful of gold. Then there’s the very small number of skins that require achievement and grind. If you want the prestige of those few, do the work and don’t complain about it because the difficulty in getting them is part of what makes them special and rare.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Please speak for yourself. 850 hours of PvP is the worst GW2 related torture I can imagine.

If we PvE people have to suffer through stuff like this, it is reasonable(not fair to all of us!) that every part of gameplay is affected. I have to walk through millions of xp to come to auto loot, something that is just a convenience feature for example.

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

. I have to walk through millions of xp to come to auto loot, something that is just a convenience feature for example.

Nods, though engineer + kill streak booster + birthday booster + buff food + Orr makes this actually a fast thing.

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

This is just way too much. You really expect me to grind out all of the mastery points of the exalted just to get a useless auric sharpening stone that has nothing to do with anything related to the weapon or the game or anything new else? What kind of bull kitten is this?

I’m a pvp player but I care about weapon skins. I want horologicus. I’m giving up precious time learning the new metagame for pvp to grind exp for a skin. It’s frustrating because there’s just too much.

I’ve been doing lots of events and map completion and today I decided to sit down and calculate how much exp I need to get the item based on what I already have. I need to spend 28 mastery points which will take me 12.7 million exp. with full boosters that’s 3175 spiders. Am I going insane? Am I really willing to kill three thousand spiders just to get an item that’s cool but not overly flashy or anything because it’s gated behind such a wall of Bull kitten?

Legend arises should require this much experience grinding, not the basic profession skin for your elite spec. It’s just too much and it’s making me resent the game rather than enjoy it because I have to go into pve to get a skin that I can’t get in pvp. It’s making me so frustrated.

There.
Rant over.

Nobody force you to grind for it you know… It’s a skin. You can play the game without it at no disadvantage.