Megaserver issues with HoT not addressed?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

The update notes where quite a long read so maybe I missed this, but it sounds to me like one of the biggest and most complained about issues has not been touched with this update. TD still only fires once every two hours and you have to ‘shop’ megaservers by taxiing around at some point before the event to get into a nearly full map? If you arrive early and start completing events, your ‘shard’ might still get closed because the map empties out? Same is try for AB and DS, but I don’t think it’s a big a deal in DS because that seems to always work out as a 60-90 minute commitment you HAVE to sign up for within five minutes of the start time.

(edited by Elric Of Melnibone.4781)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It wasn’t mentioned as far as I can see, but I do recall it being worked on. I would def expect this to be raised and answered at the AMA

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

These were the changes I was most looking forward to in the patch and they were completely missing.

We still have to rely on taxis to get on a decent map in Heart of Thorns, if the map is full you can’t queue for it (join spam… yay), and we can still lose our map by DCing for even 1 second.

Why is there no map IP browser? Why can’t my character be left on a map 5 minutes after a dc?

These are the problems that ruin HoT open world for me more than anything (nothing like DCing 1 hour into a Dragon’s Stand…) else and they weren’t even addressed in anyway in the patch I waited months for? I understand there are limits to what can be worked on at any given time, but I’ve never even seen these issues mentioned by devs. Will they ever be addressed?

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

(edited by Gilburt.9146)

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

You still can get kicked out of a map that is finishing the meata if there are “too few” players. which will dump you, naturally, in an empty map.

Posted by: jsmith.6458

jsmith.6458

I hope they fix the megaservers issue in the HoT maps soon.
Farming Ley Line Crystals in empty maps is not fun.
Try to join an organised map when my one closes, and it’s always full. sigh

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

We were in a raid group doing a event and after 45 mins of doing an event all 20 of us were dumped out of our mission into an empty map, total failure, what developer thought this idea was a good one, all it does is upset customers and they logout (which they did)…

Unbelievable mechanics added to this game, very bad.

Posted by: Trystia.8206

Trystia.8206

Spent 40 minutes in map before Chak Gerent… tagged up and organized a squad… then got kicked from the game a minute before event started and world was full when I got back in, got screwed out of the event after organizing and taxiing for it.

Kinda makes me feel like there’s absolutely no point in putting any effort in whatsoever, and I should just show up at the last minute and try to get in on a taxi instead. Maybe that’s what Anet is trying to incentivize? Lazy good-for-nothings who leech off the hard work of others? </salt>

Posted by: Banchou.5628

Banchou.5628

Since April 19 patch I’m having problems to get good a Tangle Depths map. No matter if you get in it way earlier before the Chak Gerent event, like 30 minutes before, I get into a desert map and when I try to taxi in a better is always only one good map, all time full.

I think if TD had a longer preparation time like the other HoT maps, at last we could have enough time for organize and have at last 2 maps with chance to succeed at the Meta Event… 5 minutes is too small for something that need at last 15 players per lane.

And would be great if the devs fix the crash during the MoM fight, principally the one that can occur right before the cinematic, since it locks you out of the map no matter the participation – because of that I pratically need to “leech” on a random island instead helping at all mechanics, principally the burns phases and I hate be a “dead weight” just in the most fun part… Lost 3 MoM because this crash bug and I prefer to not risk it anymore.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Since April 19 patch I’m having problems to get good a Tangle Depths map. No matter if you get in it way earlier before the Chak Gerent event, like 30 minutes before, I get into a desert map and when I try to taxi in a better is always only one good map, all time full.

I think if TD had a longer preparation time like the other HoT maps, at last we could have enough time for organize and have at last 2 maps with chance to succeed at the Meta Event… 5 minutes is too small for something that need at last 15 players per lane.

And would be great if the devs fix the crash during the MoM fight, principally the one that can occur right before the cinematic, since it locks you out of the map no matter the participation – because of that I pratically need to “leech” on a random island instead helping at all mechanics, principally the burns phases and I hate be a “dead weight” just in the most fun part… Lost 3 MoM because this crash bug and I prefer to not risk it anymore.

Side note and don’t mean to hijack—-are you using the 64 bit client? Haven’t had any crashes since I started using it. So I don’t believe it is a crash bug.

Posted by: Welcometotheden.8547

Welcometotheden.8547

This has been an ongoing frustration for me for main events in HoT with megaserver. The map is active and a lot of folks are pushing to tier 4 and then…crickets. The map is now dead due to preemptively jumping to other meta maps via LFG and the survivors are left trying to taxi to fill it back up. And lord help you if you get disconnected during this time because by the time you get back, map is full and you’re dumped into another dead map, and then it’s too late. No main event for you. Last night, the map was pushing hard and we had a guild throw down all sorts of goodies in TD because we believed it to be a meta map. People vanished! Lost Gerant in what seemed to be 2 minutes due to lack of headcount. It was amusingly fast…

~ The Cult of the Six Symbols ~

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I think the issue with TD is that too many of the rewards were added to the camp events. It’s not really worth the time waiting and doing Gerent anymore unless you specifically need a drop from him.

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

They are killed their own expansion by not making this the number one priority fix BEFORE HOT was released.