Megaservers Broken?

Megaservers Broken?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Anyone else noticed that all the HoT maps feel empty? I have a feeling that the megaservers aren’t closing empty maps like they should be. I am constantly finding my maps don’t have enough people to finish the meta events.

I asked in guild chat and I had 3-4 guildies all in different instances which were all almost empty. I have never gotten a volunteer message to move maps either, which makes me suspect that low pop maps aren’t closing properly.

The map meta events all require quite full populations, so fixing this would go a long way to making the maps more enjoyable.

Megaservers Broken?

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

I have been plagued by the same problem. I haven’t seen more than 10 people in one place in 2 days and obviously haven’t been able to complete a single meta event in that time.

I have tried all maps and they all feel completely dead, which just doesn’t seem right 3 days after expansion launch.

Megaservers Broken?

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

Been a few topics on this and 0 word on it that leaves me to assume a huge mass of ppl just up and left the game out of disgust of H.O.T

Megaservers Broken?

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Been a few topics on this and 0 word on it that leaves me to assume a huge mass of ppl just up and left the game out of disgust of H.O.T

Even if that was the case, megaservers should be putting the leftovers together.

Megaservers Broken?

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

At this rate with people getting their refunds and being fed up with the grind, it will get worst in a couple of weeks.

Megaservers Broken?

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

Has anybody gotten a mushroom bonus for moving from an upopulated map in HoT? This feature may be broken. I see tons of guildies’ dots in these zones but they are never in the same map.

Megaservers Broken?

Asum.4960

Even if people would leave en masse, it’s seems incredibly unlikely that i can’t seem to get into a single map with more than ~20 – 30 people roaming around solo or at maximum a rare commander with a group of 3 – 5 people, considering mega servers, without there being some sort of server issue.

Megaservers Broken?

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Has anybody gotten a mushroom bonus for moving from an upopulated map in HoT? This feature may be broken. I see tons of guildies’ dots in these zones but they are never in the same map.

I never had that popup in new maps.

Megaservers Broken?

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

I never had that popup in new maps.

Have people been trying to taxi to fill up a map, I wonder, like SW? I know there are some meta-events to plan around but they may take too long to coordinate compared to SW.

Megaservers Broken?

Posted by: lagrangewei.8516

lagrangewei.8516

map has the same number of ppl. the problem is the map are bigger and players tend to zerg, bigger map = bigger area of map that will be empty.

who ever conceptualize the map didn’t take into account how player in gw2 play differently from other MMO, that gw2 is about zerging. we don’t “camp” at certain spot away from other people and spread ourselves out to maximize loot, because we get more loot by staying together.

RAWR~
Feed the Merlion… before the Merlion feed on YOU!

Megaservers Broken?

Posted by: lagrangewei.8516

lagrangewei.8516

however i do suspect that there is a high crash/drop rate of player that is causing servers to empty over time. and the way that the server balances by port new ppl into the map is broken. I have been ported into map where the countdown is at 4 second! and was instantly wiped by the dragon… you can see the problem right there, the code doesn’t account for event stages.

dynamic scaling doesn’t seem to be addressing the lost of player near the end properly too, that need to be strengthen. (as in weaken the mob when there are fewer players)

i also suspect dynamic scaling upward when there is alot of player is causing server crash too, we were doing guild hall event with 80+ players, and it would keep crashing halfway, before it was decided to complete it with half our strength, i suspect the mob increase from scaling is exceeding what the megaserver expect to handle…

ya overall, it lack scaling polish…

RAWR~
Feed the Merlion… before the Merlion feed on YOU!

Megaservers Broken?

Asum.4960

map has the same number of ppl. the problem is the map are bigger and players tend to zerg, bigger map = bigger area of map that will be empty.

Wouldn’t a zerg be at the events tho? The problem i am having is even at the big meta events there are maybe only 6 people standing around, getting frustrated with being unable to complete any zone events.

The only exception is Tarir (and very rarely Dragon’s Stand) where the numbers are bigger, but even there 20 people are by far not enough to beat the event.

As i mentioned earlier, even if there rarely is a commander in the map, he is generally only followed by a handful of people.
I can’t imagine there is some secret mega zerg going on in all maps i join, making the maps just seem empty.

I’m going to try again today, but if I’m just stuck in empty maps where every single event is failing left and right 24/7, i don’t see myself having any fun anytime soon.

(edited by Asum.4960)

Megaservers Broken?

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

They’re definitely spawning too many maps leaving a lot of maps lowly populated. There are a lot of events that require large amount of players. They need to fix this or fix their instancing trigger code to not spawn a new map so readily.

I played more than usual over the weekend precisely because I wanted to avoid not having people around to complete things. Looks like it has paid off, as I ran around tonight and a lot of the maps are empty. Quite annoying really, as I still have things I would like to complete.

Megaservers Broken?

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I got the pop up to switch maps once, earlier…I think in Auric Basin. That was the only time.

Megaservers Broken?

Posted by: Kahli.4325

Kahli.4325

Been having the same issue more or less. Really empty areas and thus unable to do much if anything for the last day or so.

Megaservers Broken?

Posted by: hectorivera.4092

hectorivera.4092

i have the same problem, i never seen enought people to complete the map, is really anoying, and alot of my guild members are in differents ips with low population too

Megaservers Broken?

Posted by: Faab.8049

Faab.8049

I’ve not been out of Verdant Brink (i enjoy it!) but I do notice that the player levels have gone down since launch. Makes sense, people progress to other maps, complete the story etc. so yeah the population spreads.
After a while this will settle down and distribute again.

Still, Megaservers should solve this, and I have also not recieved a pop-up like that.