Melee solo class

Melee solo class

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Just curious what class will do the best soloing in melee solo HoT events or just roaming?

I was thinking a herald maybe but was not 100% sure.

Doesn’t matter to me if power build or condition build and any class but scrapper preferably.

Thanks for any suggestions!!!!

Melee solo class

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Whichever you are best with.

I played through most of the HoT content with my healing Bomb engi, out of PURE SPITE for the developers removal of EIB. It’s admittedly a terrible build that has worsened with time. But it works for me. Same goes for my condition elementalist and my powershroud necromancer, both builds which no ‘hardcore’ player would ever be caught dead using. No build is worse than the one you don’t know how to use, no matter how meta it may be.

Heal Bomb Engi

Condition Ele

Powershroud Reaper

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Melee solo class

Posted by: Johnsen.6253

Johnsen.6253

Power Necro with GS / Axe + Focus and power, vitality & ferocity gear. Build must have 50% crit in shroud and 50% through vulnerability = 100 %. Try it out, it rocks. Take the shout rise for tanking.

Melee solo class

Posted by: Kastiel.1947

Kastiel.1947

Herald FTW , best class – haters gonna hate though

Melee solo class

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Herald FTW , best clkitteners gonna hate though

Well damage is sure better then my ranger in melee, stats much better with perma fury, Crystal hibernation is wonderful when needed….Just wish sword 2 skill wasn’t complete garbage ha.

Melee solo class

Posted by: William Bradley Knight.2609

William Bradley Knight.2609

Herald FTW , best clkitteners gonna hate though

Well damage is sure better then my ranger in melee, stats much better with perma fury, Crystal hibernation is wonderful when needed….Just wish sword 2 skill wasn’t complete garbage ha.

Unless they nerfed it in this patch, sword 2 seems pretty good as long as you hit 2-3 enemies.

Melee solo class

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Reaper. One monster is cute but a lot of HoT mobs = major problem. Fortunately that’s what reaper enjoys the most of all professions, as he’s specifically designed around the concept of “the more monsters the merrier” (at least until it’s up to 5).

Melee solo class

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

I run my elementalist to solo in HoT. Tempest, Fire, and Water trait lines. Most of my stats are dedicated to survivability (healing power and toughness), since between traits, sigils/runes, and combos I can keep a near constant 25 might stacks to help damage output. I run scepter/warhorn due to the high amount of fire fields/blast finisher options for the area might, but you can adapt to what works for you