Mesmers need Hammers!

Mesmers need Hammers!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Toxsin.8564

Toxsin.8564

You might ask why. Well here’s my answer: Mesmers use weapons the most unique way, at least in the case of the Greatsword. I have noticed that they only use the “elegant” weapons only, but if you think about it, The hammer is an epic way to unleash mindblowing crowd control effects with illusions, or if you want to go full crazy, you can just add healing effects to it or something that actually diffecenciates it from the other hammer classes.
I play mesmer from the very start, and always thought that a hammer would be a fantastic weapon for illusion magic, with a phantasm that knocks down your foe, or an aoe effect with an ethereal hammer slamming the ground pulling all enemies to the center, or any other crazy idea.

Mesmers need Hammers!

Posted by: Abdulaziz.1496

Abdulaziz.1496

Well, that’d be quite OP in pvp.
also, what Mesmers really need is a new MH weapon that doesn’t suck cough scepter.

What I really think is that the specialization for mesmers wil either give them MH pistol “sloves everything IMO” or changes the existing skills for some weapons.

Mesmers are already pretty good at cc and have tons of dazes and almost every weapon have a cc

Mesmers need Hammers!

Posted by: AivenPrimus.9184

AivenPrimus.9184

That will never happen.

Mesmers need Hammers!

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

What I really think is that the specialization for mesmers wil either give them MH pistol “sloves everything IMO” or changes the existing skills for some weapons.

If you’re about HoT you should know it’s almost confirmed that mesmers are getting shields. It’s shown in the trailer.

If you’re talking about future expansions – nothing is off the table.

Mesmers need Hammers!

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

also, what Mesmers really need is a new MH weapon that doesn’t suck cough scepter.

Mesmers are already pretty good at cc and have tons of dazes and almost every weapon have a cc

it’s funny because mes was supposed to be control role , but ele , war , engi
and thief has far more cc than mes could use(all cc mes have are with long cd) . A heavy interrupt CI build requires daze mantra. It’s sad to see after 2 years people still like to spread rumors about mes.

Mesmers need Hammers!

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

If they got hammer, I don’t want it to be another generic CC hammer. I want something else. The Mesmer’s greatsword is unique when compared to the other classes who use greatsword, so hammer should be the same. The whole concept of the Mesmer is channelling magic into melee weapons, and knocking people down like every other hammer user doesn’t seem very magical or creative.

Mesmers need Hammers!

Abdulaziz.1496

and thief has far more cc than mes could use(all cc mes have are with long cd) . A heavy interrupt CI build requires daze mantra. It’s sad to see after 2 years people still like to spread rumors about mes.

in pve mesmer is better, it takes nothing for a mesmer to remove all 5 stacks of defiance.
3 clones along with mantra and maybe signet if you really want to spec for cc, not to mention the 1 cc you get from weapons “use sword off hand and it’ll have like only 10 secs cd”

Also, please tell me where I went wrong and “spread rumors about mes”

(edited by Abdulaziz.1496)

Mesmers need Hammers!

Abdulaziz.1496

If they got hammer, I don’t want it to be another generic CC hammer. I want something else. The Mesmer’s greatsword is unique when compared to the other classes who use greatsword, so hammer should be the same. The whole concept of the Mesmer is channelling magic into melee weapons, and knocking people down like every other hammer user doesn’t seem very magical or creative.

I agree 100%.

I like how unique the GS with mesmers is

Mesmers need Hammers!

musu.9205

in pve mesmer is better, it takes nothing for a mesmer to remove all 5 stacks of defiance.
3 clones along with mantra and maybe signet if you really want to spec for cc, not to mention the 1 cc you get from weapons “use sword off hand and it’ll have like only 10 secs cd”

“it takes nothing "just lol , are u talking about thief? can u read the skill cd , and do u even know that diversion requires some placement of illusion to make it work as 3 times of cc . And such thing is just not happening in most pve dungeons and fractal fight . (all your illusions and a skill slot for mantra so mesmers finally have same amount of cc skills as ele but still less than war , engi and thief . )

Daze mantra is great in pve for defiance removal , vulnerability stack and interrupting some mobs skills in certain situation.So yeah if u want to play something heavy cc on mesmer u have to use mantra because your weapon skills aren’t enough.

about offhand sword ,its 12s cd , 10s if traited .But its just slow and in many situation unreliable. Also with it mes still have less cc than war , thief and engi from weapon set .Its just a pure fact . Personally i never saw ppl complain about cc mesmers do in pvp .
Most are about engi and war ,thief comes second.

Mesmers need Hammers!

musu.9205

Back to the topic , mesmers have a lot of traits about interruption but anyone wants to play a heavily cc mesmer ,their builds are almost locked with mantra of distraction since mesmer weapon sets don’t have enough cc covering the loss of damage or survival ablilities from picking up those cc traits. That’s the reason pvp mesmer players want a new weapon set with reliable cc and reasonable cd .Don’t need to be engi level , it certainly should be more than ele and wars’.

Mesmers need Hammers!

Abdulaziz.1496

“it takes nothing "just lol , are u talking about thief? can u read the skill cd , and do u even know that diversion requires some placement of illusion to make it work as 3 times of cc . And such thing is just not happening in most pve dungeons and fractal fight . (all your illusions and a skill slot for mantra so mesmers finally have same amount of cc skills as ele but still less than war , engi and thief . )

Daze mantra is great in pve for defiance removal , vulnerability stack and interrupting some mobs skills in certain situation.So yeah if u want to play something heavy cc on mesmer u have to use mantra because your weapon skills aren’t enough.

about offhand sword ,its 12s cd , 10s if traited .But its just slow and in many situation unreliable. Also with it mes still have less cc than war , thief and engi from weapon set .Its just a pure fact . Personally i never saw ppl complain about cc mesmers do in pvp .
Most are about engi and war ,thief comes second.

I never said they were the best at cc because their CC’s are mostly dazes which is no where near Engi knockbacks are warrior’s stuns.
I can argue with thieves because the best they can do is their elite, if they wanted to use the pistol for cc’s they’ll lose a lot of initiative for no damage. other sword cc’s I find them not really that good and it’s better to spec for something else.

The only classes I find better than mesmer at cc in pvp are Engi, Warr and Fearmancers.

mesmers are good at cc “not op, that’s why no one complains”

My point was that a clone that does passive CC is OP..
That spirit hammer for guards is powerful, imagine if mesmers can have 2-3 of those up and they does CC every 6-8 seconds!
I think all passive CC should be removed from the game “destroying turrets, ranger pets… etc”

But I agree that mesmers should at least be 2nd best class at cc’s since they have a lot of traits for cc.

Mesmers need Hammers!

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

what about an of hand staff?(i know they are two handed)
u could hold 1 and then have another set of ethereal arms holding the other…
kitten this was a joke at first but that would be actually kind of cool

Mesmers need Hammers!

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

NO, mesmers need longbow!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Mesmers need Hammers!

Posted by: Apolus.3157

Apolus.3157

I played a hammer mesmer in GW1, it was pretty fun.

Mesmers need Hammers!

Posted by: Vael.8796

Vael.8796

hammer/mace/axe feels terribly misplaced for mesmer imo
for me it would just feel wrong

Mesmers need Hammers!

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

It definitely needs more then yet another off hand weapon while everybody else is getting 2 handed weapons.

Mesmers need Hammers!

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

everybody else we got ranger and engineer so far how is that all?

Mesmers need Hammers!

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Mesmers do not need hammers.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Mesmers need Hammers!

Posted by: mugen.4763

mugen.4763

Mesmers do not need hammers.

Hammers need mesmers.

Mugen Tsukuyomi [ABC]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Mesmers need Hammers!

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Mainhand Focus!

(but I agree, hammers would be cool at some stage in the future)