Metacritic score?

Metacritic score?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: swansea.2453

swansea.2453

Out of curiosity I went to Metacritic to see what the score was for HoT and wow it is not good, it a avaerage 6.5!

I know some will say MC is not relevant and that they don’t read reviews, but someone making the jump to buy an expansion will look at reviews and this is surely going to put people off buying it.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns/details

Metacritic score?

Posted by: MrNumnut.2635

MrNumnut.2635

Don’t forget that a happy player usually doesn’t bother to let that know.

Unhappy player will make sure everyone and his dog knows he’s unhappy.

Even tho i’m also not too happy with HoT, take the score with a grain of salt.

Metacritic score?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

A bunch of trolls are spamming the metacritic site with scores of 0 and writing GRIND GRIND GRIND. If you average the actual nicely written out reviews the score is much higher.

Metacritic score?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

There’s some kind of club on reddit who are deliberately spamming that site to lower the score.

Which IMO is a perfect illustration of why sites like that can’t really tell you much. It’s like the ones who assemble lists of the “best” bands, albums etc. by getting people to vote on a web page. All it really tells you is whose fan base is computer literate enough to set up the most bots to spam votes.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Metacritic score?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It has gone up then a lot since yesterday.

Also Metacritic is generally not considered worthwhile since people either give 0 or 10 when they review, showing they have no clue how to score a game. Virtually no game can score a 0 (except maybe Superman 64) and a 10 should be the absolute creme of the genre.

Metacritic score?

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

A bunch of trolls are spamming the metacritic site with scores of 10 and writing more about other players being wrong than about the expac itself. If you average out the honest reviews the score drops even more.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Metacritic score?

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Metacritic is kitten.

As stated it’s either angry players spamming 0/10 or fanboys spamming 10/10. I’ll wait on some actual gaming journalists to comment.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Metacritic score?

Posted by: demetry.9541

demetry.9541

It’s not ONLY about “grind”.
-Maps in HoT have… questionable design. I see many ppl who didnt like… “vertical map sistem”. It’s can be realy uncomfortable. Those maps are realy… chaotic. And i dont like it too.
-Many bugs (events, HP, even story line).
-We didnt got new dungeon (many ppl like dungeon and fractal. i can see many guilds who doing ONLY fractal\dungeon). It’s one of the main cores of any MMRPG – and we didnt got it!
- And yep – stupid hero-points sistem and grind.

Metacritic score?

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Remove all 10/10 and 0/10 and you get somewhat “real” score.

Metacritic score?

Posted by: Paffus Piffus.9430

Paffus Piffus.9430

If what you say is true, every release ever made would have a low meta score, your logic is flawed. I dont agree with the reviews mind you, just saying.

Metacritic score?

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

Metacritic is kitten

tated it’s either angry players spamming 0/10 or fanboys spamming 10/10. I’ll wait on some actual gaming journalists to comment.

…since when have gaming journalists been reliable or neutral?

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Metacritic score?

Posted by: MrH.2591

MrH.2591

Remove all 10/10 and 0/10 and you get somewhat “real” score.

I agree, giving it 10 is just as stupid as giving it 0.

Metacritic score?

Posted by: McViolin.8547

McViolin.8547

Metacritic is kitten

tated it’s either angry players spamming 0/10 or fanboys spamming 10/10. I’ll wait on some actual gaming journalists to comment.

“gaming journalists”

Metacritic score?

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Metacritic is kittentated it’s either angry players spamming 0/10 or fanboys spamming 10/10. I’ll wait on some actual gaming journalists to comment.

…since when have gaming journalists been reliable or neutral?

I’d take their critique over the player base any day of the week.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Metacritic score?

Posted by: Famine.3164

Famine.3164

Yup to busy playing to be rating but if I would it would be 8/10

Metacritic score?

Posted by: MrNumnut.2635

MrNumnut.2635

If what you say is true, every release ever made would have a low meta score, your logic is flawed. I dont agree with the reviews mind you, just saying.

It’s just a minority that votes, shouldn’t even care for the score.
The only reason the score is going up now because some players are spamming 10/10 to make it look better, it was as low as a 3.0 score yesterday.

Even if the score is a 10/10, or 1/10 average, the scores are flawed as just a minority has voted, and usually 99% of them are unhappy players, they just rate a 0 or 1 without any real reason given, and a ‘’white knight’’ gives a 10, without any reason given. (A happy player remains playing, while an unhappy player wants to let people know how he feels, or just to release some salt.)

If i was having fun on HoT, i wouldn’t be browsing the forums, just an example.

Metacritic score?

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Sad to see that, but not entirely a surprise.

Player expectations are through the roof, and this xpac kinda shows that. ANet made an expansion with MORE content than players had asked for and had a perfectly smooth release.

However, players are frustrated that they don’t get everything they want on day 1 and actually have to play against challenging mobs for once.

I’ve played MMOs for over 7 years and this is probably the best expansion I’ve seen. However, MMOs are a really crowded genre that are filled with players who see everything they want spread across every MMO out there who don’t understand the scope of work it takes to create hardly any of it.

Metacritic score?

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

The ratings tend to get better though. Most of the bad ratings that make up the current score were given within the first 72 hours after release making me question whether these people actually gave the expansion a chance at all and tried all the new additions of the three major gamemodes before slapping a 0/10 on it.

Now after some time passed the more thought-out reviews pour in. You know, from people who actually took their time to test and experience the content in more detail. You can sort the reviews/scores by date and you’ll see how the green ratings start to outnumber the red ones.