Missed all three beta weekends. =(

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

She works Friday, Saturday, Sunday? All triple shifts? I work all three days and can still play if I wish. Make the time, because they have to make a decision, do most people work during the week or weekend?

We both know that answer.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

I’m not sure why you would expect a game company to schedule their beta weekends around an irregular schedule nurses have? It sucks that she won’t be able to beta test, but you can’t really blame Anet for this.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Is it even legal to work three 12 hour shifts in a row?

There will always be people that can’t access time limited stuff. If they were to take every single person in the world into account they would never be able to do anything unless it was permanent.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The beta weekends are for Anets benefit though – existing to gather feedback for improvements. As a result they can only facilitate their own schedules, otherwise they’d run off course. They aren’t meant as early access.

There is no possible way they can run these things to fit the schedule of every person, profession, country, timezones. People will miss out, but enough ppl will play to get the feedback Anet require.

If she purchase the 99$ version, she’s not losing out on the game, the gems or the remaining pre-order bonuses

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Because that doesn’t fit Anets working schedule. They have to fit these things round they work since the betas are entirely tied to when their working hours are – exactly how it should be.

Also, betas aren’t every 2nd weekend? It’s been at least every 3-4

lordkrall.7241

what’s wrong with a beta week, or maybe switch up the interval, maybe not EVERY SECOND WEEKEND, why not every third, or maybe add an extra weekend in the middle I don’t know something that would not exclude weekend workers totally

Because feedback needs to be checked during the beta events and thus having it going on constantly for a week would be very expensive and kitten the company?

They have not had BWEs every second weekend. More like once a month. The first one was August 7-10 the second was almost a month later September 4-6 and the last one will be on October 2-4 which is almost a month after the second one.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Dude, understand 98% of the population work during the WEEK.

1% of us work weekends.

Do the math.

By the way sheep have nice wool coats.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

lordkrall.7241

Well, that is not what you said. You said that they should not have BWEs every second week, which we corrected since it was false.

Sucks to be her I suppose, but as pointed out earlier in the thread they can’t really build their schedule around every single person in the whole world. Someone will always miss out.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Hello!

Anybody?!

You do know that real people are at the end of these keyboards.

My wife is a nurse and has/will miss all the beta events because those weekends she has/had to work. She has tried to trade shifts or get them off but was unable.

Wanting to show her full support, she purchased the 99$ version, and for what?

Thanks again for ignoring the real people that made this game what it is today.

P.S
Support nurses, they support you.

With that kind of attitude dont expect any support from here

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Angry person is angry. Drink extra coffee and stay up another 2 hours.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

Besides BWE are privilege not right. You/She bought game for game not for beta access. BWE are just bonuses meant to help anet make better game, and god knows they do need help.

lordkrall.7241

Well what else is there to do? Should ArenaNet simply drop all their planning and scheduling to cater to her? What about if they do that and then someone else points out that they won’t be able to join the new time? Should they change time again?

Once again: There will ALWAYS be people that miss out. That is just how the real world works. Simply have to accept it and move on.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

Well then it’s your job to make sure your wife doesn’t have anything to do but the beta when she’s not working right? I mean people don’t sleep 12 hours a day. Get to housekeeping!

In all seriousness, what do you expect, if they hold beta’s on weekdays more people won’t make it, it’s the best option but some people miss out, that’s just how it goes.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: clarkcd.6532

clarkcd.6532

I will have missed all three scheduled beta weekends due to my work schedule as well. You know who’s fault that isn’t? A-Nets. They want as much feedback as possible during beta events and the best time to do that are on weekends.

Just look at it like this, when the game comes out it will all be new!

Posted by: Jareth.4813

Jareth.4813

You had a point?

OK, well here’s another. The timings of the beta weekends would have been planned months in advance and are a great way to stress test systems, while also not eat into prime time working weeks. A few months from release, you can guarantee the developers have forgone their own families on behalf of working all hours on this expansion.

It’s an unlucky coincidence, sure, but hardly cause to say they are “ignoring the real people that made this game what it is today”. What does that even mean? Are all the people that got to play in the weekend events not real to you?

I’m sure it’s disappointing, but calling people “sheep”, who rightly point out to you how ridiculous you’re being is hardly a mature/warranted response. You’re not going to win many to your side with an attitude like that.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

If they had the betas on different days, then there would be posts from other people who work during the beta test days/nights. They’re not going to be able to schedule events to make sure EVERY player gets to play. It’s unfortunate that your wife has to miss out, but Anet has their own employees’ schedules to work with to make sure these weekends go off well. Plus, even though there are nurses, doctors, police, firefighters, etc. who play, there are more people who work/go to school during typical hours (M-F, day hours). Thus, beta events for any given game are almost always going to be on weekends, when the majority of the population would typical be able to play.

Again, it really sucks that your wife can’t participate. But that’s not Anet’s fault. It’s not anyone’s fault. Anet can’t please everyone all the time.

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

I think the solution here is to get another wife.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

Posted by: Riranor.6315

Riranor.6315

I love how we tried to answer you politely and with logic and you want from being pitiful to just getting kittened and insulting everyone on this thread. Wonderful bedside manner.

On a contributing note, allwing week long beta’s would actually kitten off more people than help them get feedback. Anything you do on any character in the beta after participating isn’t saved. For a week all the loot you would get on any of your mains, pvp ranks, levels, precursors, laurels, etc, will vanish at the end of the week. That’s already annoying enough with a weekend of time being dedicated to it, you’re being restricted to only do beta content so you don’t lose to much. A majority of players would probably be kittened.

It sucks that your wife can’t play, but it is just bad coincidence and I am sorry that the medical field is so demanding. That’s about all you’re going to get though.

Crystal Desert Server, one of each classes at 80
Main Mesmer PVE, Necro and Engineer PVP

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

During the Stress Tests/Bonus Beta events that were held during the week, there were posters, similar to the OP, that lamented their inability to play during the week, and demanded that Beta events be held on the weekend.

So…what is the solution? Some players will always be inconvenienced, no matter on which day(s) beta events are held.

Perhaps, your wife can take comfort in knowing all of Heart of Thorns will be new to her, and she will be able to revel in the joy of exploration and surprise!

Good luck.

Posted by: Sarif.1827

Sarif.1827

Troll post is Troll.

Leader and Founder of the Shattered Sky Community.
Guild Leader of Covenant of the First Flame [Soul].

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I think the solution here is to get another wife.

Id phrase it from a slightly different perspective. But i might get a forum ban.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Did your wife message the devs with her work schedule so they would know when to have the betas? Can’t expect them to mind read, you know. Next expansion, remember to fax them both of your schedules so they can take this into account. For this beta you could do housework and cook so she can play for a while instead of having to do that after she comes home from her 12 hour shift.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

I …. am fake?

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

TC, I\d try to see this from a different side. Instead of spoiling yourself (and your wife) on all the new content in a buggy and beta state, you get to dive into an expansion with blue eyes and enjoy it for what it’s worth (in hopefully a less buggy state).

I intentionally stayed away from the beta weekends as much as I could (maybe 6-7 hours played total). So I don’t burn myself out on the new content before it’s even ingame.

Will I be a step behind every player who will know exactly what to do, where to go, what to farm? Maybe. Will I still have a hell of a fun time? Absolutely.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Hey you, didn’t you get the memo? The world revolves around ME, not you

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Sorry I forgot, only positive feedback. You are all right, I must have not been in my right mind. Troll sickness or something. Thank you all for showing me the errors of my way. I’ll go shut up in the corner now like a good little consumer.

There are three kinds of feedback: Positive feedback, negative feedback, and pointless feedback.

Positive feedback is describing what went well and why. Negative feedback is describing what didn’t go well and why. Both of these are incredibly important to developers.

Unfortunately, complaining that the beta weekends happened to line up with your wife’s work schedule is the last kind of feedback: pointless. Like it or not, a single person’s work schedule has virtually no impact whatsoever on the development of a product created for literally millions. Unless that person happens to be one of the developers, of course.

Does it suck she couldn’t/can’t play the beta weekends? Sure it does! I was annoyed that the first beta weekend happened to fall on the same weekend that my entire family was in town for a big celebration for my grandparents. Did I expect ANet to change anything because I couldn’t test? No, because I knew that I ultimately didn’t matter. Anything I caught would probably be brought up by someone else. It’s just how development works.

Similarly, I missed the first Southsun Cove weekend with the massive Karka invasion simply because I happened to be at a convention that weekend. Would there have been a point in complaining to ANet or the convention staff that I couldn’t do both? That was even more impactful than missing a beta weekend because I knew I would never have a chance to play that content.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Ash, I work a night shift on weekends. I’ve also missed the first two beta weekends and will likely miss this one too. Why? Because I’ll either be working or sleeping. And I live in the US. ANet can’t cater their schedule to every player. It’s impossible. Take some comfort in the fact that both you and your wife will still be able to play the finished product whenever you like.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Sorry I forgot, only positive feedback. You are all right, I must have not been in my right mind. Troll sickness or something. Thank you all for showing me the errors of my way. I’ll go shut up in the corner now like a good little consumer.

Good feedback can be positive or negative.

Hello!

Anybody?!

My wife is a nurse and has/will miss all the beta events because those weekends she has/had to work. She has tried to trade shifts or get them off but was unable.

P.S
Support nurses, they support you."

This isn’t good feedback. It’s whiny and insults other players (you know, the ones who aren’t “real people”).

Hello!

Could we have some Beta Events during the weekdays? That way people who work odd hours could participate.

Take out the insults/whining, and it becomes good feedback.

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

How in the hell can Arenanet even know your wife’s shedule? Do they have to read her mind? You are basicly saying: OMG why doesn’t anyone know what we never told them.

Explain your wife’s situation, without insulting the devs, and they perhaps would even be inclined to help you, however the way you brought up the point makes me wonder why you have a wife at all. You are saying there are human beings behind the keyboards, yet you aren’t acting like a normal human being at all. Grow up.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

I …. am fake?

Yes. Everyone on the internet except for OP is a bot.

And OP, are you implying that you spent $50 over the base price of the game just for the beta weekend access, not for the other goodies you get? Because you could have gotten the beta with the base $50 version.

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Hello!

Anybody?!

P.S
Support nurses, they support you.

She purchased the Ultimate Edition to get $50 worth of Gems, the HoT client ($50 value), and $25 worth of digital content( Additional Character Slot, Miniature Revenant Rytlock, Revenant Finisher, Mordremoth’s Bane Guild Hall Decoration, Heart of Thorns Glider Skin).

The Beta weekends are available to play by players when they are open. Whether or not a player can make said weekends due to real life constraints is not of affect by A.Net or its staff. As unfortunate as it may be, those players will miss out.

However…. what is of the matter of it all? They’re already going to be playing the game on/after October 23rd ‘for reals’, while all progress and obtained goods for the Betas are wiped. Get a precursor drop in Beta? Wow would that suck because it means absolutely nothing as you -the beta tester- cannot keep it. Basically she’d be wasting her time on the weekend to Beta test instead of progressing her main characters or prepping up for a Revenant character or whatever.

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

It’s impossible for a gaming company to schedule any event around the live of everyone on earth it’s unfortunate that some miss these events, do to work, school or for what ever reason posting on the forums about it will not change that fact. Just think about it for these beta weekends to happen the game developers also put in long hours to get things ready and to watch the servers for issues. The point of these beta weekends is to get as many players in the game as passable and the weekend is the best time for this, most get weekends off. If your posting because you think you are entitle to so sort of compensation because she missing them, well good luck with that Anet makes the time available to play the beta and let’s everyone know in advance so it’s up to her to make the time to play it not Anets falt if she can’t.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

(edited by Feirlista Xv.1425)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Your request isn’t reasonable. Companies make decisions based on the main base of players, not the outliers. But also, after a beta weekend, with the data they collect, they have days and days to fix stuff they see is wrong. Most employees don’t need to be hands on in a beta, though many are I’m sure. Most of them come back on Monday morning and start sifting through the comments and data from the biggest possible selection of the userbase.

They should make a beta just for the people who can’t make it weekends? Why? The beta isn’t better than the game. It’s just a way to help Anet look for bugs and comment on what’s happened.

My wife is massively good at finding bugs, but she’s not well and hasn’t really be able to participate in any of the betas, due to health reasons. In fact, that’s caused me to pretty much miss the first ones as well. I’ve had very little beta time.

I get that you care about your wife (props for that btw), but that doesn’t mean that companies should rearrange a predesigned schedule. Missing betas really isn’t the end of the world. The game itself is going to be here for many years to come.