Mistward Armor already available?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Calyptica.6758

Calyptica.6758

Less than 1 hour ago, i’ve met this guy in the heart of the mists… (you can see him in the screenshot) Can’t find it in the gem store or somewhere else… Where did he get that armor?

Attachments:

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

I don’t think that the armor is already available… maybe he is a beta tester and somehow unlocked the skins for his other chars, too?

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

That’s a bit messed up… Are you sure YOU aren’t in the beta, lol?

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

So it seems more than one person got that armor through the beta bug and is actively using it, despite knowing it’s a bug.

Posted by: Calyptica.6758

Calyptica.6758

My friend was in the beta for HoT, i wasn’t lucky… he can’t transmute the skin on his armor. My group can proof it too. One of us whispered him, he just answered: “I have this armor because i’m the best”.

@ Mo Mo.1947: I’m not in the beta. Even wrote in forums that i was dissapointed about it. I just started a match and suddenly saw him standing there.

Attachments:

(edited by Calyptica.6758)

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

My friend was in the beta for HoT, i wasn’t lucky… he can’t transmute the skin on his armor. My group can proof it too. One of us whispered him, he just answered: “I have this armor because i’m the best”.

Exploiter using a bug that a few beta testers got, in which the armor was unlocked for their entire account. Wasn’t something that happened to all beta testers, though. There were some topics about it already.

Report the guy. Would probably be better to report him through the website.

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Lol maybe he is the best. Did he win a tournament. You have his account name. Just report it with a bug report and mention you posted it on the forums so they can com see your screenshots.

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

As stated before in two other threads, this is a bug for them to bring over the armor in live from the stress test.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I want that armor too..

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

The bug is known, but it’s not like it gives players some kind of advantage. They look cool, that’s all this bug does, so I feel it’s a bit over the top to report them (and clutter the inbox of whoever looks at the bug reports with this in the process). It’s technically expoliting a bug, sure, but hardly something that should be smacked with a banhammer or anything.
If anything, whisper the player and tell them they are intentionally using a bug, and maybe they want to take the armour off because it’s not fair to players who don’t have it yet.
In any case, they wasted transmutation charges on this style, and if CS decides to slap some butt-ugly armour skins on them when removing the armour from the current game, they have to waste another load to get a cool style again. I’d say that’s punishment enough.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Thats the problem. Some people got invited to beta and due to a bug/exploit they got access to full set while we can olny dream about it. Ask GW1 how they would feel if AN gave out HoM skins to everyone with latest bug. I mean its olny a skin, it doesnt hurt anyone nor it doesnt give any advantage right? Will it really matter if i put fiery dragon sword skin on my weapon despite not playing in gw1? After all its olny a skin..in a game where you grind like no tomorrow for skins as you cant grind for better stats…

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

I’d say report and move on, it’s a known bug from the beta.

If anything, whisper the player and tell them they are intentionally using a bug, and maybe they want to take the armour off because it’s not fair to players who don’t have it yet.

OP did say the armor user was whispered, I highly doubt someone kittenponds with "I have this armor because i’m the best” is going to take it off because he got access to it through a bug/exploit.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Exploiter using a bug that a few beta testers got, in which the armor was unlocked for their entire account. Wasn’t something that happened to all beta testers, though. There were some topics about it already.

Report the guy. Would probably be better to report him through the website.

No. Report the bug, not the player. That’s asinine to report a player for a gaffe that was ArenaNet’s fault. Heck, he’ll be out those trans stones. People are so filled with ridiculous rage. That’d be like me reporting players for getting accidental HoM points in GW2 from the mistake ArenaNet made. You report the bug in this instance not the player.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Miku.6297

Iason the bug is known about and has already been reported. Reporting people using or exploiting a bug is prety common, and has nothing to do with rage. When a player is knowingly taking advantage of a bug, you report both.

Posted by: Rakshasa.5493

Rakshasa.5493

sounds like you are just jealous,
if I cant have it no one else can :/

Miku.6297

Who are you talking about? ^^; I play a mesmer I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing something that looks like that. Now if it was that new Anisse outfit coming out….

I just don’t think it’s right for someone to be using a bug/exploit to gain early access to something. I will admit my reaction to this specific case may see ma bit more harsh, but when a player asks the person using this how he got it, and the response is “I have this armor because I’m the best”, I lean more towards reporting.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

The problem isn’t just they’re using a skin that isn’t released yet, it’s that they’re using a skin that’s either going to be a gem store purchase or expansion exclusive (betting it’s exclusive) without paying for it. So it’s actually in their best interest to stop openly advertising they cheated ANet’s store, regardless if it was an intentional or accidental exploit.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The problem isn’t just they’re using a skin that isn’t released yet, it’s that they’re using a skin that’s either going to be a gem store purchase or expansion exclusive (betting it’s exclusive) without paying for it. So it’s actually in their best interest to stop openly advertising they cheated ANet’s store, regardless if it was an intentional or accidental exploit.

ANet already said they know about the bug and that a small number of the people who did the stress test later found it in their wardrobe. While it’s probably not a smart move to wear the is armor, for various reasons, anet did say they knew about it and were looking at how to fix it. I imagine their computers know who has it, whether they wear or or not.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: PacoXI.7690

PacoXI.7690

Its not exactly out of malice since skins were said across your account (Main → beta). Of course players would try to do the reverse. I’m sure Anet appreciates the bug being exposed as well since it could have been worse down the line.

Is it really a big deal that they can wear the skin early except that you don’t have it? And if you then have it then what? You look exactly like the next guy. The skin gives the player a whopping 0% advantage over everyone else. 0.

Miku.6297

Its not exactly out of malice since skins were said across your account (Main ? beta). Of course players would try to do the reverse. I’m sure Anet appreciates the bug being exposed as well since it could have been worse down the line.
Is it really a big deal that they can wear the skin early except that you don’t have it? And if you then have it then what? You look exactly like the next guy. The skin gives the player a whopping 0% advantage over everyone else. 0.

It’s not out of malice, but it’s hard to want to give the guy the benefit of a doubt if he was just testing it or not when he responds to being asked about it the way he does…

“I have this armor because i’m the best”. -

I wouldn’t wear it any way. However someone shouldn’t knowingly take advantage of a bug to get access to something, no matter how large or small it is.

In a game where the endgame is grinding for that next cosmetic look, skins are a big deal, it’s not like you need to grind for stats.

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

Bug exploits are bug exploits. It’s a reportable offense IMO. As Miku, said he’s taking advantage of something that shouldn’t be there.

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

Because the beta was done through the live game and not in a dev test server people were able to unlock armor and weapons in their wardrobe but to be fair its the same armors we have seen already.

Sylvari mean

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Bug exploits are bug exploits. It’s a reportable offense IMO. As Miku, said he’s taking advantage of something that shouldn’t be there.

I honestly can’t see any form of action being taken on this. If ANet wasn’t going to take action on mass amounts of people farming WvWers’ Ultimate Dominator in OS, I don’t think they’ll go through all the work to stop a minute amount of people that have and are wearing this.

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

I don’t see how this is a big deal.

Miku.6297

The wvw mass kill farming is a totally different issue, really no point in bringing it up here. There are plenty of cases both ways that could be used to argue for either side.

@Bread, it’s someone using an armor set/skin in a game that the main goal is to get set/skins that is not suppose to be available on the live server yet.
Is it a big deal: Nope it isn’t.
Should it be reported/removed: Yes it should.

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

Rytlock, why the kitten are you in PvP? don’t you have some giant overgrown dragon to slay first?

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

People reporting the PLAYER?

That’s seriously disgusting if so.

This is clearly a BUG that has to do with the beta tests. What if players running around with these skins/armor dont understand it’s a bug? Report the BUG, people, not the player.

Unless this armor/skin gives any kind of stat advantage over others then I see it as harmless running around with a BUGGED SKIN that needs to be addressed.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Yea, make sure Anet get rid of the bugged skin from the live game, that’s all.

Pretty soon (HoT release) everyone and their grandmother will be running around in Revenant armor anyway… that or the Balthazar outfit with dark wings / Balthazar backpiece…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: jtwhat.4195

jtwhat.4195

I found out how to get mistward set. its part of achievements. under collections. then specialization collections. find trophys

Attachments:

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I found out how to get mistward set. its part of achievements. under collections. then specialization collections. find trophys

Well, thanks. I guess.

But this thread was from 7 months ago and was about a bug where a few beta testers found the armor set in their wardrobe after they played the beta. It’s not about the collection.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.