in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Fixing Forum Bug

Mobs difficulty feedback [merged]

Posted by: archiebub.4089

archiebub.4089

The only dangerous mobs were the snipers, but a well timed dodge roll during their rapid fire-esque attack counters them.

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

DO NOT LISTEN ANET. PLIS
Finally its a bit hard.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

the snipers where insane… but atleast they let you know when they aim at you. Other then that im glad they actually added mobs that are (or can be) an actual threat.

Posted by: Chobits.2430

Chobits.2430

I had no problems with the story mobs.

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

Just play the new dw ele. The mobs didn’t even hurt me. Godmode

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

i heard people saying that the mobs were hard, but it was actually like ‘The mobs are hard, this is fun!’. My guild is having a blast playing the new map and finding new ways to deal with the enemies, hope its get harder and harder as the history progress

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Walked out of AoE fields/trails, positioned to avoid frontal attacks, got hit three times thanks to movement and defences.

It was a cakewalk before and it was a cakewalk this beta too. But hey, just a story instance, I’ve got good feelings about delving further in!

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Agreed with the OP, they were just decimating me in seconds. The Revenent isn’t built to handle that much concentrated damage. I died about five or six times during that last section, and at least a couple times during the early bits.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Masteries will make fighting them easier later.

Meanwhile, you’ll have to learn to fight stronger enemies. This is not kansas anymore. These enemies have better mechanics and higher stats.

Just don’t go attacking 3 veterans all on your own, leran their unique mechanics to counter them, and you will be fine.

Still having trouble? Team up with others.

The problem here is not high level enemies being harder. It’s all other enemies in the game being way too weak.

Practically only krait, dredge, orrians, some inquest and mordrem provide a half-detent challenge. The rest just have two skills and stand still attacking for little damage.

So no wonder anyone may find these more difficult. There was absolutely no difficulty whatsoever anywhere else, so they didn’t develop any skills.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: CrimsonDX.4821

CrimsonDX.4821

This new zone is definitely not fun right now >_>

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Absolutely impossible to solo for the average player. Guess thats another beta weekend wasted for me then.

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Absolutely impossible to solo for the average player. Guess thats another beta weekend wasted for me then.

u can play w/ me n my guild of 5ish. u don’t have to go all kirito on it

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

What im wondering is if my optimized bearbow can handle the tasks

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

I’m an average player and i was able to finish the first part of the history alone.

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

Arenanet, i swear, this is the most fun i had since launch times, don’t you dare nerf this.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I’m an average player and i was able to finish the first part of the history alone.

I tried on Revenant (because I despise ele, necro, mesmer and guard professions) and couldnt down anything.

Posted by: Jephiroth.3197

Jephiroth.3197

I overheard some…“things” about sylvari in the beta map. you noticed anything different ?

I haven’t played much, the initial couple scenarios and then lost connection. Came back and have been playing with Shiro skills and sw/sw on a Rev. I do recall your character and “another” sylvari character shouting things along the lines of “do you trust me now?” when you perform abilities. I’m definitely going to spend some time on it before time runs out, but I’m really liking what I’m seeing so far.

Traumahawk: WvW Shout/Seed Sinister Druid
Ashen Mistwalker: WvW Tank/Crit Revenant
Oaken Earthlore: WvW Medi/Bunker Guardian

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

I dunno… 5-6k rapid shots are pretty stupid. It’s obvious that Anet is encouraging group play, which is fine. Once I teamed up with some friends everything was back to insta-dying.

Ele for Hire

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

We’re talking about the enemies in the FIRST story instance. You won’t have any masteries there. That’s kind of the point, it’s not that they are too strong to exist in the game, but they definitely seem too strong for the first HoT mission. They should ease you into it gradually, assume you haven’t even done any Silverwastes or LWs2 content and this is your first experience with Mordrem. It’s just not a nice welcome to the expansion.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

We’re talking about the enemies in the FIRST story instance. You won’t have any masteries there. That’s kind of the point, it’s not that they are too strong to exist in the game, but they definitely seem too strong for the first HoT mission. They should ease you into it gradually, assume you haven’t even done any Silverwastes or LWs2 content and this is your first experience with Mordrem. It’s just not a nice welcome to the expansion.

What’s the point in having a mastery to help you out when they’re already weak to begin with? This is also endgame content. There’s no need for them to gradually make it easy.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I’ve only completed the first story, the one where you fight the cavalier modrem. From what I played there, the story is in a good spot. It is easy enough that most people should be able to complete it without any issues at all, but at the same time it does require you to use a handful of your skills.
I think making the story more easy at this point would be a big step back for HoT. I like it where it’s at. If anything the difficulty could be ramped up a bit. It’s not like you only get a single chance to beat it. You can do it over and over again until you get it right.

I changed all my gear to berserker, maybe that’s why it wasn’t difficult for me.

(edited by Fernling.1729)

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

And that’s a good thing, this game need some challenge.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Personally, what I wish they had done was a way to leave the starting area instance and go to LA to grab our ascended gear and out to vanilla maps to learn the new weapon skills, then be able to jump back to Silverwastes and speak to an NPC to start. I died a couple of times, not only through getting swarmed at the end but also cuz I was using my new weapon and didn’t know the skills.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

The only mobs I have an issue with are the snipers. When there’s multiple snipers there’s very few options available to you to stay alive unless on a class with a lot of active defenses

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Personally, what I wish they had done was a way to leave the starting area instance and go to LA to grab our ascended gear and out to vanilla maps to learn the new weapon skills, then be able to jump back to Silverwastes and speak to an NPC to start. I died a couple of times, not only through getting swarmed at the end but also cuz I was using my new weapon and didn’t know the skills.

Isn’t that exactly what you can do?
I left the instance area and went to a few older zones and messed around before going back to silverwastes and starting the story missions that led to the beta zone.

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

The only mobs I have an issue with are the snipers. When there’s multiple snipers there’s very few options available to you to stay alive unless on a class with a lot of active defenses

exactly, sure, hammer rev has a skill to block incoming projectiles, but it lasts but so long XD

Proud TTS member

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

The snipers are a bit too much. They almost down any class in one volley.
The rest is fine.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

I quite like the current difficulty. I have to be careful if I want to rush through mobs to get to another point in open world. And I actually have to prioritize mobs in battle. Is that troll with the insects swarms going to hurt me more or the sniper? I really enjoy having to actually look out and keep active, and having to use my dodge.

I feel that using dodge was hardly if at all necessary in non-beta pve, so this is a very welcome change I think.

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

when something is new it’s always hard at first

if everything was easy, things would be boring

the harder the better(that’s what she said)

Posted by: UNO.4906

UNO.4906

everything in HoT are too strong, I got killed by some regular mobs they just shadow step on me and attack me while I can’t do anything bcuz they’re in smoke bomb. are u serious. I don’t even want to test your game I just rage quit

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

The snipers feel overtuned, all the other mobs are weaklings. Typical GW2 balance though.

Posted by: Nebulizer.3276

Nebulizer.3276

I’m really really hoping that this is a snapshot of what is to come, these mobs are perfectly fine and this is supposed to be endgame content for us all. I want to wipe and figure out a different build path even if it’s just for one mission or a certain type of creature. I hope that they will hold their ground on the difficulty of the mobs and keep the damage on them high. This could also mean us seeing other gear options becoming available instead of zerking through all the content. Loving the BWE so far.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Guys remember the mobs are scaling from large zergs playing, lone mobs aren’t dangerous. I wouldn’t say any mob is too strong atm – also we want to get to the point where you do have to play with at least a bit of care when engaging groups of mobs.

I loved the mobs in the beta, best we’ve seen in game so far.

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Agreed, mobs are far too tough … specifically the snipers(?) … I get that they are supposed to be a dangerous ranged opponent but unless you’re playing a profession/build with reflects or blocks they are deadly. Give them a little mordrem friend and they are incredibly dangerous. This is really offputting when just trying to get around the map during the day.

Veteran tigers are pretty easy, the stoneheads(?) are much harder … I can’t help but feel that their dash ability takes them too far; on a ranged profession I suspect they’d be a piece of cake but for melees the distance is huge, dragging the fight out longer than is actually fun.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Isn’t that exactly what you can do?
I left the instance area and went to a few older zones and messed around before going back to silverwastes and starting the story missions that led to the beta zone.

Can you? I left, geared up and came back and couldn’t find the NPC. But maybe I didn’t look hard enough, or needed to go into my hero panel and start up the story.

Edit: went back on my Revenant. Didn’t see an NPC to speak to and my hero panel didn’t show any story line I could activate to start it up.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Fox.3469

Agreed, mobs are far too tough … specifically the snipers(?) … I get that they are supposed to be a dangerous ranged opponent but unless you’re playing a profession/build with reflects or blocks they are deadly. Give them a little mordrem friend and they are incredibly dangerous. This is really offputting when just trying to get around the map during the day.

Veteran tigers are pretty easy, the stoneheads(?) are much harder … I can’t help but feel that their dash ability takes them too far; on a ranged profession I suspect they’d be a piece of cake but for melees the distance is huge, dragging the fight out longer than is actually fun.

Plz for the love of GW2, ignore everything said here. The mobs are tuned just fine, in fact i believe some are a bit undertuned. The big charging dino’s are a blast to fight especially when you are melee(altough they do get stuck behind rocks allot), and the snipers have a very very clear warning. I haven’t had this much fun since launch.

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

I don’t feel like they’re too strong. I would like to see them more powerful, in fact. Challenging content is GOOD. It’s not like there is any penalty for dying, so forcing you to learn how to play and utilize game mechanics in order to succeed is a good thing.

Facerolling through content is not fun.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

These snipers one shot my mesmer every time i come across them, they need a bit of toning down imo. It’s especially bad when there’s more than one of them, it’s insta death, not fun.

warbignime.4610

Just dodge. Problem solved. Really obvious attack animation and a red mark on your head. Just dodge at right time and they are really not a problem.

binidj.5734

Questions of how challenging mobs are or are not aside (you want to discuss that, there are other threads waiting for your opinion) I can’t help but feel that there are simply too many of them! Mordrem tendrils are a particular pain in this regard, it seemed at some points that you couldn’t walk 5 feet without one of the things throwing little red circles at you! Somebody (probably several somebodies) at ArenaNet have worked kitten hard to create the jungle and I’d really like the chance to look at it! Fewer mobs with a lower respawn timer would be good … give us a chance to breathe and enjoy the environment! Make fights epic not annoying. I had enough of this sort of mob density in early (and arguably current) Orr thanks awfully … if I want to wade through endless mobs, I’ll head there.

Piken Square

warbignime.4610

That would make the map easy again, and taking away the whole point of new maps. Which are actual challenging open world content.

binidj.5734

They are ridiculously OP for melee characters … almost certainly trivial for ranged.

Piken Square

binidj.5734

No it wouldn’t … it would stop the maps being filled with mindless trash mobs. Trash mobs aren’t challenging content, they are filler. I’d rather less filler so I can concentrate on the actual challenging content.

Piken Square

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

I consider myself a pretty hardcore player (solo some fractals at lvl 50, lupicus etc). And wonder what? Tried the living story and died on my revenant right away. Then I tried with my warrior… and the enemies didn’t even touched me, what a faceroll.

So I learnt that the problem is NOT the story mobs being strong, it’s the revenant being awfully balanced for it and we are not used to it. It’s like leaving a level 1 player in a lvl 30 dungeon alone, of course he’ll die! he must learn how to play his proffesion first, and that ain’t done in 2 days.

Please don’t nerf the enemies even more, just balance Revenant.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

(edited by Elrey.5472)

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

Sounds like you were out during night – there are far less mordrem about during day cycle. You still have dinosaurs and beetles to deal with, though, but still, less mobs during daytime.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Posted by: jgcd.6041

jgcd.6041

You must have come in during the night cycle. There is a significant change in VB depending on the day/night cycle. If it is at night, then there are a LOT of mobs, particularly vine tendrils to deal with. Even during the day, some places have a few, though far less than at night.

This is actually an intended mechanic for HoT, where the day/night cycle plays a major role, where you do the exploration during the day, which is easier and safer, while bunkering down and defending rally points at night. At least in Verdant Brink.

- This is a forum, expect logic to get left at the door, beaten bloody, and set on fire.

- The more asinine the post or thread, the more I am amused.

Fox.3469

I consider myself a pretty hardcore player (solo some fractals at lvl 50, lupicus etc). And wonder what? I died on my revenant right away. Then I tried with my warrior… and the enemies didn’t even touched me, what a faceroll.

The problem is NOT the story mobs being strong, it’s the revenant being awfully balanced for it and we are not used to it. It’s like leaving a level 1 player in a lvl 30 dungeon, of course he’ll die! he must to learn first.

Please don’t nerf them, just balance Revenant.

This is incorrect, i’ve done the story instance twice on revenant, both without being defeated, i’ve done it on a mesmer and i got punished for getting careless.

This has nothing to do with the class you play, it’s about dodging at the right time.
People get kittened cause they have to actually start using the dodge button.

warbignime.4610

They are ridiculously OP for melee characters … almost certainly trivial for ranged.

They also have really low hp and are weak to cc/blind.

Fox.3469

Seriously, play till you have a glider, see if you still care…
I’m not kidding, it’s easy once you can glide.

Also comparing this map to Orr is an insult, this map is beautifully crafted and the mobs actually do pose some challenge, opposed to Orr, where they are filler content.
I think it’s fitting and very natural like it is now. And as said, if you don’t like it, glide up up and away.

(edited by Fox.3469)