Mobs difficulty feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Setting the tone, if you are running berserker, the zone will be much more damaging than you are used to. Running Glass cannon carries some risk now.

Snipers are fine.

No they’re not. snipers are fine is ur opinion, mine differs. Trash mobs should never be that op where u have to use all ur recourses to beat them, especially with the huge numbers of these trash mobs everywhere, even during the day, night time is ridiculous.

Opinions are fine, and I am certain the devs will listen to all opinions and suggestions made by players here and act accordingly. I personally disagree with all your points, and there’s likely some folks who think the challenge isn’t great enough, or something in-between the both of us.

Either way, I’m happy where the ‘Normal’ is for the Magumma Zone.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I don’t understand threads like this. Not to be rude or anything, but this is a L2P issue. You have many tools under your belt to combat these mobs. The best being dodge, which everyone has the ability to use. All those mesmer reflects should be pretty great too.
Why even have dodging if the game doesn’t warrant using it?

I really wish Anet would find a way to make a nm/hm work.

Well u ARE being rude by using L2P to demerit what i’m saying. U don’t know anything about me, but are quick to judge, not just you but many above you. I’ve been playing since game release i know how to play, granted not familiar with these mobs yet or the tools i was using, but never the less, thrash mobs should not hit that hard regardless. And i know how to dodge tyvm. I’m sick of hearing those words from you people, as if you’re the only ones who know about the dodge mechanic doh! My problem is, i can’t react faster than the mobs coz i have huge IT latency issues, i bet u never considered that huh? If Anet wants to keep catering only to top internet connections, gw2 is gonna get empty pretty soon.

Posted by: Vigorous Raven.1826

Vigorous Raven.1826

I don’t understand threads like this. Not to be rude or anything, but this is a L2P issue. You have many tools under your belt to combat these mobs. The best being dodge, which everyone has the ability to use. All those mesmer reflects should be pretty great too.

Well u ARE being rude by using L2P to demerit what i’m saying. U don’t know anything about me, but are quick to judge, not just you but many above you. I’ve been playing since game release i know how to play, granted not familiar with these mobs yet or the tools i was using, but never the less, thrash mobs should not hit that hard regardless. And i know how to dodge tyvm. I’m sick of hearing those words from you people, as if you’re the only ones who know about the dodge mechanic doh! My problem is, i can’t react faster than the mobs coz i have huge IT latency issues, i bet u never considered that huh? If Anet wants to keep catering only to top internet connections, gw2 is gonna get empty pretty soon.

Correction, we know quite a bit about you. You’re playing Mesmer, a class that doesn’t actually need to use conventional dodges against range enemies. You have a reflect. I believe above you mentioned you were using the new spec and sword. Sword 2 is a evade. Shield 4 is a block. F5 is a defensive skill as is f4.
…this is a l2p issue.

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

I swear I almost did a backflip when I walked into that beta map and realized the trashmobs actually have the ability to kill me. If this gets nerfed Ill be sad SO DONT ASK FOR A NERF

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

We know quite a lot about you, we knows that you don’t know how to use reflect properly and that you do not know how to dodge at right time, we also knows that you do not know to burst down high priority target. Really just a L2P issue.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Tiger Ashante.1792

yea w/ever not created this thread to argue ur elitist attitudes, did it to give anet some feedback thats all end of story,

Vigorous Raven.1826

I’m not an elitist, I am actually a casual player. But you are simply not playing your class properly. Simple as. Because of this reason your “feedback,” isn’t as helpful to anet as you seem to think it is

warbignime.4610

I’m not an elitist, I am actually a casual player. But you are simply not playing your class properly. Simple as. Because of this reason your “feedback,” isn’t as helpful to anet as you seem to think it is

Agreed with this.

Tiger Ashante.1792

but yours is, personally attacking me throughout this thread?

Vigorous Raven.1826

If you scroll up you’ll see that I’ve actually given you advice, one casual to another on how to get past your predicament. If you believe you’re being attacked then maybe you should step away from the computer for a few moments to cool off. :/

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

yea w/ever not created this thread to argue ur elitist attitudes, did it to give anet some feedback thats all end of story,

I don’t think is an elitist attitude, i consider myself very casual. I died a couple of times on those “trash” mobs but i think they are just fine, they are actually fun to fight.

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

Posted by: GummyBearSummoner.7941

GummyBearSummoner.7941

You played a mesmer. You had many interrupts and reflects. They aren’t “OP” when you can easily kill them. This is clearly a l2p issue.

Vigorous Raven.1826

Literally everyone that’s come to this thread has said the same thing. I guess it’s a consensus

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

At first i kept dying and whas thinking, whats this? Then i learned too spot those snipers and put them down first. And people sticking with the zerk equipment/mentality, the concequence is dying quicker when missing a dodge here and there.

I think my montra from GW1 of kill the monk will change to kill the sniper. I would agree that snipers are a bit more powerful then the others but they are snipers they should be. I have not fully confirmed this but I think if you get up close and personal they can’t do their most powerful attack.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

(edited by anzenketh.3759)

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Think we can close the thread, the OP has gone from “sniper OP” to “I have bad internet” nothing to see here.

Mobs aren’t OP, refreshingly you need to pay a little attention.

Posted by: CrimsonDX.4821

CrimsonDX.4821

The snipers normal attacks definitely need to be nerfed

Coulter.2315

I like the density, it means you can’t just run past everything (a major issue with other maps). You feel like you’re carving through and the way back is being swallowed up behind you, also fewer WPs bring some danger and tension in.

Tiger Ashante.1792

Think we can close the thread, the OP has gone from “sniper OP” to “I have bad internet” nothing to see here.

are u a moderator now? who are u dictating if a thread should be closed or not? OMG the people are getting toxic. I have to right to my opinion. If i think a mob is too OP then i have the right to say so and give anet my feedback. after all, i paid $100 for the privilege. if you don’t like my feedback, well that’s just too bad, no one asked you to comment here. Just b/c i didn’t mention my it latency in the fist place does not give u the right to be calling for thread closure.

Coulter.2315

are u a moderator now? who are u dictating if a thread should be closed or not? OMG the people are getting toxic. I have to right to my opinion. If i think a mob is too OP then i have the right to say so and give anet my feedback. after all, i paid $100 for the privilege. if you don’t like my feedback, well that’s just too bad, no one asked you to comment here. Just b/c i didn’t mention my it latency in the fist place does not give u the right to be calling for thread closure.

But you changed your mind, when people offered solutions to the mob you responded with “I have bad internet” and so THAT is the problem not the mob design. We just need to be clear where the problem lies, your bad internet not the mob. Otherwise we give bad feedback.

Tiger Ashante.1792

But you changed your mind, when people offered solutions to the mob you responded with “I have bad internet” and so THAT is the problem not the mob design. We just need to be clear where the problem lies, your bad internet not the mob. Otherwise we give bad feedback.

well i don’t think it’s a bad feedback if i’m saying i have bad IT latency. I don’t believe Anet should be designing mobs just to cater to super dooper interent connections in US. Some of us have to play from the other side of the world. I’m not saying my IT is the sole reason, or any given thing. there were multitude of reasons, my first time playing chrono, my bad latency, my fist time playing melee mesmer etc. but as i’ve stated in above posts, no mob, especially trash mob, should be able to down u in one hit. that’s just cheap gameplay imo and no matter how much u people try to put me down, isn’t going to change my mind about that.

Vigorous Raven.1826

This so much this.
The fact that you’re the one getting aggressive when people have given you clear and solid advice, suggests that it is you who is toxic, not everyone else.

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

I would disagree with you. I think the snipers are fine. I remember sometime ago anet said they wanted the normal mobs to make you consider using your full bar. I think the snipers are a good example of expanding what skills you use. For example I was playing revenant using a sword/axe. When I saw the red dot on my head I knew, from taking a few hits, that when the dot starts to fade to dodge. At that point I used either Shiro 8 skill or axe 4 skill to close the gap and destroyed the sniper in about 1.3 seconds. They have super low health and honestly after the first shot they expose themselves because they will be the only ones standing completely still.

Vigorous Raven.1826

This so much this.
The fact that you’re the one getting aggressive when people have given you clear and solid advice, suggests that it is you who is toxic, not everyone else.

Vigorous Raven, I would ask you kindly to get off my back b4 i report you. You’ve contributed nothing to this thread other than attack me personally and i suggest u cease that now.

My previous posts beg to differ.
Report away, but I’ve not actually done anything wrong.
However you’ve lost you temper and have lashed out at everyone, it is you in fact who needs to be reported.

warbignime.4610

This so much this.

Vigorous Raven, I would ask you kindly to get off my back b4 i report you. You’ve contributed nothing to this thread other than attack me personally and i suggest u cease that now.

How is he attacking you? If what he said counts as attacking then you are attacking him too. You are the one being aggressive here.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Trash mobs should never be that op where u have to use all ur recourses to beat them, especially with the huge numbers of these trash mobs everywhere, even during the day, night time is ridiculous.

And yet, this is what some people want. People complain that GW2 does not force players to use the resources available to characters to win fights. Players using more resources to win fights in HoT is one of the design goals.

So, it seems this mob (and probably others) requires:

• Observation
  • Evaluation
  • Consideration of options
  • Recognizing the tells
  • Applying tactics until one works, then using it regularly; also perhaps evolving a second and third tactic for CD time on the first

Players will do the above. They’ll share — it’s already happening in this thread. These mobs will be considered to be “too easy” in short order.

I haven’t seen large events with them, but in the past it has been difficult to recognize tells in large groups. That’s the nature of the game with its focus on group events in PvE. People get used to that, too.

warbignime.4610

Then the expansion might not be for you, feel free to contact support and try to get an refund.

If you go around saying things like that to people that have had a negative experience you are going to be a very busy person. The whole point of beta events is for people to provide feedback on their experience. You may not agree with their point of view, but they are still allowed to give feedback. Snarky remarks like yours really contribute nothing to the forum or the beta feedback as a whole.

It’s not about him having a negative experience, he said he regret his purchase decision. It’s consumer rights to refund purchases that they regret buying. There is no ill intention in I’m suggesting him to do what he wanted to do.

If you can’t tell the difference between, "starting to regret pre-purchasing " after giving feedback on something significant they found unenjoyable, and someone saying, “I regret pre-purchasing”, which was never said, I don’t know what to tell you. I’m not going to argue with you anymore so as to no longer derail this thread.

Then I am sorry to misinterpreter your sentence, back to the topic of mob density. The mobs can be easily avoided with glider after you acquire it and it should not be hard to pass then on land with swiftness. So I think the mob density is fine.

Posted by: Bunnypanda.5431

Bunnypanda.5431

I too agree with this. It’s exciting to see all the new enemy designs I hope they keep creating more! The mushroom enemies are amazing lol. XD

Posted by: Zephyrzkingdom.6895

Zephyrzkingdom.6895

I agree with this. You just gotta figure out how each enemy works, but I love the challenge!!

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

I agree with this 100% I love the new mobs AI so much now, I feel like you cant stand around stacking anymore, its fantastic. Some of these mobs just destroy people who are lazy.

Posted by: Rai.9625

Rai.9625

How are they OP? I find them fairly simple…
Even on a Character I never played (rev) and changing nothing, not even looking at the traits or armor I could easily dispatch them. Interrupt them, blind them, or simply… kill them.
With my full zerk I’ll eat them for breakfast, they are as easy as brain AFK Rangers in PvP who only know their Longbow and try to Powershot you down,… well no, they are even easier.

I really like the mobs, they are not a massive challenge, but they feel like enemies now, like those mobs in Silverwastes. Not like a sacrifice to may blades…
I think they are fine as they are, if you are distracted you can get killed.

Posted by: kmoonforest.1679

kmoonforest.1679

I 100% agree with this.

I found fighting the Smokescales to be incredibly rewarding and fun. I was totally confused after first being obliterated by them. But then I started observing them and learning their mechanics, and that left me with a really satisfying feeling. This sort of thing is definitely something I was looking forward to seeing in HoT!

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

If only the smokescales said something about evading while in the mist in their ability list under the health bar.

Oh wait…

Anyway, condescension aside, I don’t really expect ANet to nerf these things or make it easier on us. They’re well aware of the fact that current PvE is way too easy and unengaging, and the new stuff was designed specifically to be more difficult. For them to decide to make it easier, they’d need to, for no real reason, decide to suddenly go against their players’ wishes and their own design goals.

(edited by Captain Unusual.9163)

Posted by: Yojimaru.4980

Yojimaru.4980

I concur with the mob density being problematic in places, and this is independent of the day/night cycle. The various canyons and ravines in northern Heartless Pass are jammed full of vet spiders, vet stoneheads, normal and vet smokescales. The area is so confined that you can’t realistically fight one mob without drawing the aggro of 3 or 4 more things eventually. And that’s not even taking into account how fast the kitten things respawn.

Posted by: clownwolf.3690

clownwolf.3690

Having a sniper spawn behind me and killing my zerk tempest in 1-hit is so ridiculous.

The only place I take zerker gear off is on Arah, WvW, and PvP. Since the snipers are a white common, I’ll have to add HoT to that list since I have to assume that snipers will eventually spawn behind me when I’m talking to npcs or something.

Its hard enough to get casuals with zerk gear on dungeons. Anet forcing cheap gear on people so they can survive HoT will make casuals with zerkers even rarer.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Ugh, I remember you OP.

You were the one who said the “Rytlock ritual end fight” was too hard if not impossible in LS2.

So… case closed I guess.

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

I don’t mind them being difficult, i don’t mind them as veterans or even champions. If there is events with them i will gladly try and beat them and learn how to deal with them. Hard content is always fun and i appreciate that there is such thing in the game since before SW, there was really nothing challanging. BUT, yeah of course there was a BUT, what i don’t appreciate is that they place 3 of those veterans, together with 3 other veterans and some kitten bow npc that hits you with 7-8 k on each arrow and the aoe poison throwing thingys on one spot. And oh yes there was beetles as well and all in a passage you have to move through and no you could not glide there, this is on the way up in a area with walls, so you have to pass them and when you do you pull them all unless you can stealth. And it kept on going that way.

Some of those also had a aggro range that was huge. I had one of those smokescales running half across the map chaising me. Up the stairs, down the staris, there was no way to shake them off.

So what i would want is to have those mobs placed over the map and added to events, but i do not wish to see them and fight them every 10 meter. It just is to much mobs everywere and having to nonstop fight for your life just to move to a location is just to exhausting. Not to mention there was very few spots were i could get out of combat to wp due to so many mobs.

So don’t nerf them, but please make a bit less of them in areas were we are just transporting so it does not take me 10 min to move 5 meter because i have to fight 5 vets, 1 champ and 10 normal mobs.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The sniper’s rapid fire does around ~4k per hit to an elementalist. For comparison to the live game, the rapid fire is similar to, but does double the damage of a regular karka’s spit projectile volley.

If you’re at range, the sniper is just as trivial as a karka. Their longer cast snipe attack will simply miss if you keep moving (strafe) and their rapid fire fails to the usual strafing back and forth. Low health melee will of course need to put in far more effort.

They do have very low health to compensate, but even getting hit by one of the projectiles can be a third of your health as a zerker. Multiples of them can easily down you within a second if you’re not expecting it, which can happen to the first two you encounter, making them look really overpowered. There’s also a pathing bug where they’ll teleport on top of you, and if you’re unlucky, they’ll open with rapid fire. Considering that the NPCs will gladly tank everything for you, they really don’t need to be changed with the more casual player in mind. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up halving their damage and doubling their health, making them similar to karkas.

warbignime.4610

Having a sniper spawn behind me and killing my zerk tempest in 1-hit is so ridiculous.

The only place I take zerker gear off is on Arah, WvW, and PvP. Since the snipers are a white common, I’ll have to add HoT to that list since I have to assume that snipers will eventually spawn behind me when I’m talking to npcs or something.

Its hard enough to get casuals with zerk gear on dungeons. Anet forcing cheap gear on people so they can survive HoT will make casuals with zerkers even rarer.

But you kill them just as fast if not faster, that is the risk reward of using zerker set as it should be. There use to be no risk for high damage, now that’s changed I am farirly happy about it.

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Yeah…not liking how hard hitting these things were. Doesn’t help when there’s a cluster of them and I have to tell them apart from the other Mordrem types quickly or get downed. And I was playing as a celestial-ish Reaper with Berserker weaponry.

warbignime.4610

Yeah…not liking how hard hitting these things were. Doesn’t help when there’s a cluster of them and I have to tell them apart from the other Mordrem types quickly or get downed. And I was playing as a celestial-ish Reaper with Berserker weaponry.

just place down wells and they just die, nothing hard about that.

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Don’t understand why L2P is rude here. These are completely new Mobs so everyone here needs to L2P. Some are faster others a bit slower.

Yes the Snipers are hard hitting but they are Squishy as hell. In Fact, they are, what you will call, Glass Cannons. Hard hitting but can be killed by a sneeze. Srsly, I walked with a Dragonhunter into the Beta yesterday, with Celestial/ Dolyak, no clue how to play this Class and get what, even with my crappy Guardian Skills and Equip, they died in Seconds.

There is no real Problem with the Snipers. We just need to drop in more Control to make them harmless. In the Open World, I now have no Problem with the Snipers because I know what they are capable of and now use Skills to counter them.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I like the density, it means you can’t just run past everything (a major issue with other maps). You feel like you’re carving through and the way back is being swallowed up behind you, also fewer WPs bring some danger and tension in.

I too liked pre-nerf Orr /sarcasm

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

KEEP THE DIFFICULTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is post-level 80 content. That is, beyond Cursed Shore, and beyond Silverwastes.

For once, I feel a sense of danger and thrills I haven’t felt since launch Cursed Shore. I don’t want this getting nerfed because people can’t play their class.

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

A few splotches of non-combat ground would be nice, but most of it can stay as-is.

For me, the big issue is, “Where the heck are the events?” And of course, “What the heck is this event telling me to do?”

There is so much textual blargon on the right hand side of my screen, so little on the map, and hardly anything that consistently and clearly demonstrates to me what I need to be doing. Silverwastes was so good at this part, I want them to remember how to do that.

I should be writing.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is worth pointing out that we are basically invading an aggressive enemy’s homeland. Soon after we have sent an massive army against it. Of course it will have troops out and ready to fight.

It is also worth pointing out that this is a lvl 80 zone, that caters to people that have a good understanding and knowledge of the game and their class.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Mob Density? Wasn’t that much higher than in other maps during the Daytime, the west of the Map is nearly empty.

Posted by: clownwolf.3690

clownwolf.3690

But you kill them just as fast if not faster, that is the risk reward of using zerker set as it should be. There use to be no risk for high damage, now that’s changed I am farirly happy about it.

How does killing them quicker help in my situation? A sniper spawning behind a zerker tempest is an instant death unless you somehow hear him and dodge 2 shots of the rapid fire.

Also, if there was no risk for high damage (using zerker), you people would be using Berserker’s gear in the first place. But I guess for some reason, you dont.

Btw, I love the protips. Keep em coming.

Posted by: Kyrtra.2473

Kyrtra.2473

I couldn’t have said better, Leaa!

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

That actually sounds like a great development. Sounds to me like a lot of less new players who repeatedly kiss the floor in the literally first fight of the fist dungeon after reading how you can only run Berserk in such a poor, supereasy dungeons as AC is one because you would loose valuable time when running it in another, a little more stable gear and hinder your pro zerker friends by being incompetent or badly equipped.

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

Saying they are easy is simply not true for all classes. Mesmer’s should have no issue with them. Pop feedback on them when they do their rapid fire, and they die instantly. That in itself should tell you how OP their attack is. They can destroy Necromancers, becasue they don’t have reflects or ageis of any kind. Its easy to say “just dodge” but when you are fighting a mob, saving your dodges for one sniper is unrealistic. Especially when those guys with the hammers lay down their huge AoE attack.