Mordremoth

Mordremoth

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Tineks.9275

Tineks.9275

Very annoying and boring fight not even close to battle with Zaithan. It look like game from 2008 fight not imprest Come on Anet you could do it like way better. And one rapair station would be nice. I ended up naked plus restarting if you die is annoying as hell to start everything again and do all boring staff again …

Mordremoth

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

The battle with Z was far worse than this. You could spam 1 and never move.

The battle with Mordy is everything leading up to it in Hearts and Minds, not just the dragon itself.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

(edited by DresdenAllblack.1249)

Mordremoth

Posted by: Tineks.9275

Tineks.9275

and it is super bugged. I can’t belive they released something so bugged for people to experience

(edited by Tineks.9275)

Mordremoth

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

The battle with Z was far worse than this. You could spam 1 and never move.

The battle with Mordy is everything leading up to it in Hearts and Minds, not just the dragon itself.

This. Aside from Mordy looking like a frumpy treant, you got the feeling that you were dealing with a much more intelligent villain than Zhaitan. The battle was much more engaging and had much less sitting around waiting for something to happen.
I’ve been hearing about the bugs a lot. I’m guessing I was lucky on that front.
Overall my biggest complaint is the emding after the fight felt too abrupt, though I guess the LS will give more closure when it starts again.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Mordremoth

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

and it is super bugged. I can’t belive they released something so bugged for people to experience

When you’ve got deadlines and targets to meet, it happens. Unfortunately for everyone playing.

Mordremoth

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Very annoying and boring fight not even close to battle with Zaithan. It look like game from 2008 fight not imprest Come on Anet you could do it like way better. And one rapair station would be nice. I ended up naked plus restarting if you die is annoying as hell to start everything again and do all boring staff again …

You’re right about one thing. It’s nothing like the fight with Zaitan. For one thing, it was fun, exciting and challenging.

The fight with Zaitan consists of standing around, killing a handful of mobs until a thing that’s entirely disconnected from you happens. Watching a cut scene. Pressing 1 on a cannon until Zaitan dies.

The fight with Mordemoth’s Aspect involves an easy starter where he does two things, a cone that’s easily avoided and a ring that keeps you inside. Then you have to start fighting another mob while Mordremoth puts line zones on the ground to further limit your movement. Then you have to activate a node while avoiding damage. At this point Mordremoth gets more dangerous, gaining an aura like ability. you then have to repeat the extra mob fight. When you beat this mob and activate the node you then have to avoid damage long enough to get airborn and also avoid rocks being thrown at you. After you land again Mordremoth has another new power which is a floating orb that constantly shoots at you in an unending spray. You have to then beat and node two more mobs while Mordremoth puts down zones, summons the orb and puts up the ring barrier trying to stop you. After that you have to take flight a second time and dodge rocks and the machine gun orb. Finally, after you’ve done all that you have to fight waves of mobs in order to release another node to disable Mordremoth’s shield and finish him off.

The only part of all that, which is somewhat lame, is that at the end you are fighting a disabled Mordremoth. The final node should have only brought down his shield, allowing him to fight you back with all or some of his power until he can bring the shield back up. That would have been more epic, but the whole fight together is still pretty epic. Even fighting a disabled Mordremoth, between bouts of mob waves is more epic than the entire part of Arah that contains Zaitan.

I also have to ask, if it’s so boring, why are you dying so often that all your gear is broken? If it’s hard enough to kill you that often it shouldn’t be boring.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Mordremoth

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I got through it solo. It took me a bit over 4 hours, but it can be done. Therefore, it can’t be as bugged as people are making out.

Mesmerising Girl

Mordremoth

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I got through it solo. It took me a bit over 4 hours, but it can be done. Therefore, it can’t be as bugged as people are making out.

Oh, it’s bugged all right, but not in a progress blocking way. Every time I died when I soloed it with a d/d/s MM Necro, it became easier to kill each time. I was able to kill it without the blighted illusion allies after the 3rd death.

Mordremoth

Posted by: Sir Alric.5078

Sir Alric.5078

I also have to ask, if it’s so boring, why are you dying so often that all your gear is broken? If it’s hard enough to kill you that often it shouldn’t be boring.

^ Exactly what i was thinking. If i have to guess, what OP really want to say is “OMG, it’s too difficult, Anet plz nerf this” but he doesn’t want to admit that he got his kitten kicked HARD so now he’s acting all superior with the “Oh, this is so boring”. Just the fact that he thinks Zhaitan’s fight was better says everything.

Mordremoth

Posted by: kachuin.8742

kachuin.8742

Can’t get through it. Last attack after opening the rift he stays immune and dazed, won’t be trying that boss again until bugfix.

Mordremoth

Posted by: Witchking.4380

Witchking.4380

Or you know…you can actually do the content of Dragon’s Stand where you fight his physical form above where the story takes place and beat him. This boss has the best fight ever created. Please play it before you complain about him.

Mordremoth

Posted by: Oberon Vex.1389

Oberon Vex.1389

Or you know…you can actually do the content of Dragon’s Stand where you fight his physical form above where the story takes place and beat him. This boss has the best fight ever created. Please play it before you complain about him.

IMO the fight against the Jungle Dragon Lieutenant (the one that attacks the pale tree) was better in a single instance fight — aka, disregarding the fights against Paletree/Canach/Eir

Mordremoth

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I wouldnt be able to say, i crashed to desktop and just cant find it within myself to go back into that story again. The Eir, and Canach fights where enjoyable though!

I was disappointed in how he looked though, HIs mind form only, im sure his physical form looks way better. (Mind form reminded me of the Lava dragons from heroes V)

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Mordremoth

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

Is it really still bugged? I thought they fixed it. I beat it while it was bugged and then again to help a friend out after the fixes. Didn’t encounter any bugs the second time and the changes to the updrafts in the arena are particularly helpful.

Mordremoth

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

A big WTF moment for me when I read your opinion. Zaithan’s fight asked us to hit “2” over and over until he was dead in a “misssion” we couldn’t fail…

Mordremoth ask you to think and do what must be done at the moment it need to be and you sure as hell can fail. I know all taste are in nature but seriously I can’t disagree more with you.

Mordremoth

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

it’s a well designed battle, I liked it until the moment the rifts started to spawn outside the flying island…. took me almost an hour to get there and then this.

Tried it a few times again, but everytime at least one of the rifts was off. Frustrating. It worked well only once… and then I died because I couldn’t find/see the updrafts and got stomped by M’s attack.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Mordremoth

Posted by: MrH.2591

MrH.2591

It’s massively bugged.