Mordremoth Usurper .... Heeeeeeelp

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

Cheers,

I just ragequit after 6 failed attempts …

The central idea seems clear – get the dude off the platform, hop onto it, use 1 skill to kill wolves (and possibly the controller) … theory seems fine – practise is found lacking (severely).

I tried with a Mesmer and focus 4 – pulled the dude right off. Died a few seconds later on the platform.

Tried with a Necro (more life) – tried to spectral grasp the guy – usually I grab a wolf or the grab fails alltogether. Tried for a staff 5 then – scared him off but also killed a wolf … fail.

I’m kind of clueless how to get this done without dying or accitentially killing a wolf.

Edit: That’s 6 failed with a Mesmer and 6 failed with a Necro.

Edit-Edit: Phew – got it … trusty ranger ftw. Troll Unguent + Signet of Stone + point blank longbow 4 for platform clearing.

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

(edited by HtFde.3856)

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

Just kill the guy without killing any wolves. You don’t have to CC him.

Go ranged, aggro the wolves, kite them around, kill the guy, steal his pedestal, kill the wolves.

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

Just kill the guy without killing any wolves. You don’t have to CC him.

Go ranged, aggro the wolves, kite them around, kill the guy, steal his pedestal, kill the wolves.

Nods, seems like a sound alternate approach. Didn’t think of it because my Necro isn’t set up for ranged (well, there’s the staff but the marks are big and I was afraid I’d kill a stray wolf) – same for Mesmer – shatter is AoE and was afraid a wolf might get in the way, they have only a few HP …

Gonna try your approach with the mesmer (although I already have the achievement now) … grab wolfes, run a bit away – blink to the platform and have a go at the controller.

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)