Mouth of Mordremoth fight should be harder

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: AESOkami.1072

AESOkami.1072

I’m not talking about getting to him. (That’s hard enough)
No, what I’m talking about is the actual fight with him.

I’ve been on lots of teams that struggled with the tower parts, yet we could easily get the mouth’s health to HALF on the first burn. The best team that I’ve been on had his health less than 25%.

For being the quote on quote “physical” form of Mordremoth and/or an extension of the big bad dragon himself, simply dropping mortars on him while other folks poked him with weapons sure did alot of damage to him.He seems kinda weak IMO.
Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the fight but I feel that it ended too quick and needs to go on longer.

Maybe you could make the timers where he tries to destroy the islands shorter or beef up his health alot? Just a suggestion for a new patch.

Attachments:

The Elder Dragons could’ve been great if they weren’t victims of piss poor writing.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve only done the fight a few times so far. It’s felt fine to me. I disagree with making it longer or harder, because you have to go through so long a set up and then only on a win can you get to the vendor needed for a lot of collections, and that’s assuming you’ve won the fight enough to have the currency to buy things from the vendor at all.

Adding a real fail chance to even organized battles will stretch out collections far too much, imo.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

the main fault i find in this fight is that i just don’t feel threatened
there’s no sense of having to use my abilities carefully and be poised at any moment to dodge for fear of my life, and no real sense of urgency.

As i’ve remarked before, from a visual and technical standpoint the fight is fantastic but i nevertheless can’t help but find it… lacking

Posted by: adormtil.1605

adormtil.1605

Wait wait I need a group for that? This is Zaitan all over again wtf?

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

His super power of making 10% of the population crash makes this fight hard enough.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I think it is tuned fine at the moment. I’m just talking from a commander point of view but having to stay focused and try to get people to do what you want is rather draining because of the length of the event. I don’t know if it still requires alot of talk from commanders right now but I did it a bunch of times over a week ago. There is almost no down-time in this fight unless you are on a quick lane. I guess if you are just a player tagging along you can take a break whenever you want but as a commander, especially at pods for example you can’t take a break cause it influences it so greatly.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Wait wait I need a group for that? This is Zaitan all over again wtf?

It’s the zone meta event. You don’t “need a group” as much as you’ll have a bunch of other players involved whether you want to or not because it’s an open world event.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

It’s fine. If it was harder we’d get a bunch of people complaining about “gated story content”. I think it’s okay to have some epic events that are fairly easy so that the majority of players that get to that point can experience it.

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

u mean make it like TD so no one wants to do it anymore? good idea.

Posted by: Triangulator.2867

Triangulator.2867

Did you just suggest to make harder content by adding more hp? This is why we can’t have nice things.

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

I think the player community already has this map down to auto-pilot. Every map I have attempted DS with has succeeded, and quite easily. It’s not a matter of if, but how quickly he can be burned down so that players can start their pod run. I don’t think adding more health to the mouth is the answer, but at least add in some trash mobs to keep the players engaged in more fighting.

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Could you imagine if he was actually hard? The QQ on these forums is large enough about how “hard” the HoT maps are (they aren’t) if they gated another event behind some semblance of skill like TD I think peoples heads would explode.

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

Considering how hard it is to organize the map and get to him, I don’t have a problem with the ending being a little more “guaranteed”. It would be nice to give people sitting on the rocks something to do while he attacks the one rock though. I had to jump rocks just to hit him once because I was afraid I wouldn’t get credit.

Also, doing a successful DS event does tie the story together a little better, wish I wouldnt have done story before it.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Also, doing a successful DS event does tie the story together a little better, wish I wouldnt have done story before it.

I kind of agree with this. It takes a little too much reading between the lines to understand that the DS event is was allown the PS mission to take place, and that the PS mission succeeding is what actually ends the DS event in a story sense.

I think perhaps if they go this route in the future of ‘strike team accomplishes an objective while main army keeps the mass battle on track’ they should maybe have the story step entrance open up as part of the zone meta.

Like, it would have all come together and mode more sense if you had to do the first half of DS to get to the last PS instance. Then you’d understand the PS instance is only part of the overall offensive, and entering the instance or sticking with the zone meta would feel more like a plot branch which you then experience from both viewpoints eventually.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

I kind of agree with this. It takes a little too much reading between the lines to understand that the DS event is was allown the PS mission to take place, and that the PS mission succeeding is what actually ends the DS event in a story sense.

I think perhaps if they go this route in the future of ‘strike team accomplishes an objective while main army keeps the mass battle on track’ they should maybe have the story step entrance open up as part of the zone meta.

Like, it would have all come together and mode more sense if you had to do the first half of DS to get to the last PS instance. Then you’d understand the PS instance is only part of the overall offensive, and entering the instance or sticking with the zone meta would feel more like a plot branch which you then experience from both viewpoints eventually.

That would have been really cool actually, I can envision the awesome cinematic and cutscenes associated with something like this, having the mouth of mordremoth stare you down as you enter the story instance. And this would have driven more people into DS to help complete the meta.

I can also hear the whining about having to push through a difficult meta to finish the story, though.