Mursaat temple?

Mursaat temple?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: MHCerberus.1385

MHCerberus.1385

I may have found a hidden musaat temple at the top of the map…

Attachments:

Death Express in game
Beta, remembering the good ol’ days

Mursaat temple?

MHCerberus.1385

a view at night

Attachments:

Death Express in game

Mursaat temple?

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

I saw it, too (from west and south), and I think there is a POI on it that we can not reach, yet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/BWE2-POI-on-tree-platform-above-the-beta-map/first#post5459560

On your second picture, it seems you were standing north of it, looking south. I will try if I can climb up there, too.

Mursaat temple?

Posted by: Danel.8573

Danel.8573

Exalted Temple

we don’t have confirmation on the true nature of these beings. Their color theme is close to the Mursaat’s, but they don’t have legs. Instead they have a tail-like lower body part and their city seems to be called the Forgotten City…

Mursaat temple?

Posted by: Danek.9450

Danek.9450

On your second picture, center of lower half, there’s a wreckage of another airship deck in sight. You can also reach that FYI. But… The Beta map has it’s ceiling capped so.. no.. you are not able to reach the totems (thats what they look like to me), because you would be teleported back… Just try to reach the top of the wreckage you stood on to take the screenshots, you will be teleported onto a lower part of it..

Mursaat temple?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

There are some contradicting sources when it comes to the species behind the “gold” structures.

They exist in the mystery cave at the end of season 2. This cave is guarded by runes of the “forgotten”. Also the devine fire is a technology that belongs to them and it is what the mordrems fear. Further, the forgotten were allied with Glint (who still has a strong tie with the HoT-story).

The mursaat however seems to be in two of the teaser trailers and had a lost city of gold.

So maybe both have something to do with HoT??? hmmmmmmmm

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Mursaat temple?

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I’d prefer if they were Mursaat. I’ll be really disappointed if they are Forgotten. I just don’t find Forgotten very interesting. Plus the gold theme is more in line with Mursaat. But it could be either one at this point.

Mursaat temple?

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Exalted Temple

we don’t have confirmation on the true nature of these beings. Their color theme is close to the Mursaat’s, but they don’t have legs. Instead they have a tail-like lower body part and their city seems to be called the Forgotten City…

Krait in GW1 were brightly colored feathered serpents that could transform into several differnt forms.

Krait in GW2 are basically naga by a different name, and I don’t mean mythology wise, I mean they look more like the Naga you fought in Factions than the Krait you fought in EotN (Note that the krait pic is the one that looks the most like krait in GW2, other form of krait included a winged lizard with no hind legs, one that had wings in place of arms, and a krait that had two sets of arms and walked on legs)

Basically, what I’m saying is that “close, but not quite” is close enough for me to believe that Exalted are Mursaat (or a faction of them at least) until Anet has confirmed otherwise.

(edited by Foefaller.1082)

Mursaat temple?

Zok.4956

How did you manage to go up there where you shot your first picture?

From my pictures below, it seems that you were standing on the crashed air ship hull right under the “temple” (or platform, or whatever it is). But I was never able to climb high and near enough to glide to it.

P.S. BWE2 is still running (a few hours longer than announced).

Attachments:

Mursaat temple?

Posted by: darkprecure.6129

darkprecure.6129

Plot twist: After the forgotten left Tyria and the Crystal desert, they searched for the remaining Mursaat to punish them for what they’ve done during the last Rise of the Dragons. They found them and both races fighted relentless against each other. When their magic collided, a big explosion occured, affecting both factions and fusing their individuals into one body, always one Mursaat and one Forgotten. Thats why they are now known as the Exalted and look serpent-like but also have Traits of the Mursaat. :P

Honestly, I hope the are Mursaat and the differences in their appearance is only because GW2 has a different style than GW1. I still remember there were supposed to be “some really cool plans for the Mursaat”.

Mursaat temple?

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

I think it’s a safe bet that these HoT screenshots have something to do with HoT.

Mursaat temple?

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

The reveal of the Mursaat instantly sold me on HoT, I really hope they do them justice.

Mursaat temple?

Posted by: snowgim.6327

snowgim.6327

How did you manage to go up there where you shot your first picture?

From my pictures below, it seems that you were standing on the crashed air ship hull right under the “temple” (or platform, or whatever it is). But I was never able to climb high and near enough to glide to it.

P.S. BWE2 is still running (a few hours longer than announced).

I managed to get up there. You could get there from the crashed air ship waypoint north of there. If you climb on top of the ship, then climb along one of the wings (but don’t go too high or you’ll get teleported) you can jump to another wing and get within gliding distance of that long piece of ship underneath.
I managed to get onto the vine holding the platform up. I posted a screenshot in a different topic.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/What-are-those-unreachable-sky-islands/first#post5467413

Mursaat temple?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I think it’s a safe bet that these HoT screenshots have something to do with HoT.

And there where even three screenshots. But I obviously ment Mursaat and the forgotten. Maybe if you wouldn’t quote me out of context it would be even more obvious

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Mursaat temple?

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

To OP that just looks like a piece of the jungle floor ripped up with a Mordremoth vine – am I missing the temple?

Mursaat temple?

Zok.4956

Is a Mursaat temple a building/house or a stone circle?

When you look from above (with tyria-3d) it is a platform with 8 stones standing in a circle. A perfect place for a platform fight.

Mursaat temple?

MHCerberus.1385

WOOO I got replies! Sorry for not checking this sooner, like during the rest of beta. I was able to get quite a bit closer to the platform but you could not see the statues from that distance. I do have some screenshots from underneath the structure that show a rounded, gold base. I will also post some others showing the area far to the east of the beta map. Getting to that spot (something shade) required gliding over invisible walls. This whole thing reminded me of .HACK//Sign. I would post more pictures but I am at work atm.

Death Express in game

Mursaat temple?

Posted by: Ranatoa.4869

Ranatoa.4869

Plot twist: After the forgotten left Tyria and the Crystal desert, they searched for the remaining Mursaat to punish them for what they’ve done during the last Rise of the Dragons. They found them and both races fighted relentless against each other. When their magic collided, a big explosion occured, affecting both factions and fusing their individuals into one body, always one Mursaat and one Forgotten. Thats why they are now known as the Exalted and look serpent-like but also have Traits of the Mursaat. :P

Honestly, I hope the are Mursaat and the differences in their appearance is only because GW2 has a different style than GW1. I still remember there were supposed to be “some really cool plans for the Mursaat”.

Someone’s been watching the Dark Crystal…

Mursaat temple?

Zok.4956

Is a Mursaat temple a building/house or a stone circle?

When you look from above (with tyria-3d) it is a platform with 8 stones standing in a circle. A perfect place for a platform fight.

In BWE3 you can get to the platform in the night cycle when a rally point is defended/saved an the copter arrives.

During day it looks like a nice platform. But during the night there are three champions on this platform.

Attachments:

Mursaat temple?

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

The mursaat will be deeper inside the jungle I assume. I mean they could hover, not fly.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert