My 50 cents on next x-specc!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

So lets see what has been released and what tips has anet gave:
-All elite speccs will be focused on CC/support
-Chronomancer got Wells and a Shield, we can assume that no other elite specc will get necro
-Dragon kitten got Bow and traps, we can assumi that no other elite specc will get Ranger
-Necro has been confirmed to get GreatSword and since Ranger is out, Warrior or Guardian
-Engineer is getting Hammer and since the trailer show it and some anet staff winked at us, we all see flying minions and since necro has been taken, Hammer+minions= guardian
-That means that Necro is getting Warrior stuff and since its a support/CC, necro is getting either banners or shouts
-Druids are getting staffs so that means either ele or mesmer since necro has been taken, am voting for elemental cuz water magic/earth magic helps plants grow and water magic is support and druid is a support role

So that leaves us with a few choices since we rule out many options
-What will thief get?
-What will elementalist get?
To answer this question we only have to see whats left, that means engineer has 2n and mesmer has 2nd.
Since Elementalist is getting Tempest and i guess sword, we can take out engineer and that ends our logic.

TL:DR
-Guardian gets Ranger and becomes a Dragon Hunter: Bow+traps
-Mesmer gets Necro and becomes Chronomancer: Wells
-Ranger gets Elementalist and becomes Druid: Staff+"waterish/earthish" skill on staff with a nature theme, no 2nd guess on support
-Engineer gets Guardian: Hammer and “flying spirit drones” or whatever (wards?)
-Necro gets Warrior: 2hand sword most likely Ranged and either Banners or Shouts
-Elementalist gets Mesmer and become tempest: 1hand sword and Glamours
-Thief gets Engineer: Rifle+Elixirs (think support)

And by this logic Warrior gets Thief: Either Pistol or dagger and Deception or tricks for utility, i think tricks is achivable by warriors standarts

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

For me personally, I think it sounds horrible. I’m sure some people would love it, but I would absolutely dread it if things like that happened. I don’t like mesmers and I don’t want elementalists to be like them. I already don’t like traps for guardian. It just sounds really bad to me.

Posted by: drkmgic.9583

drkmgic.9583

Necro 2h is not ranged they will most likely gget shouts though

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

specializations should be to make it a master of something, not make it a jack of all trades, if you made every class like every class then whats the point of playing a certain class?

Posted by: Ranatoa.4869

Ranatoa.4869

Except for two issues I could see it

1. You ignore that Necromancers don’t have shields so classes are not necessarily getting a weapon and skill set from their second class.

2. You left out the Revenant which will also get a specialization

Otherwise it seems legit. I think it’s safe to say that they will be taking existing skill types for all specs and won’t be adding any new skill types

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I’ll be surprised if eles get glamours, or if any class gets glamours – all the glamour skills are very thematic in both name and function, and unlike wells, don’t seem to be able to fit any other class.

I’d guess it’s more likely that eles will get mantras, if their spec happens to be an ele/mesmer hybrid.

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Necro 2h is not ranged they will most likely gget shouts though

I cringe every time someone says this. Spirits dood.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Ewww we eles no want glamours, thxbai!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: jmt.8517

jmt.8517

I’ll be surprised if eles get glamours, or if any class gets glamours – all the glamour skills are very thematic in both name and function, and unlike wells, don’t seem to be able to fit any other class.

I’d guess it’s more likely that eles will get mantras, if their spec happens to be an ele/mesmer hybrid.

I agree, I see them getting mantras from mes!!!

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

Nope. I don’t think thats how it will work.

Posted by: Achrisos.1360

Achrisos.1360

If we go by the weap type:

Ranger getting Staff: Ele, Mes, Nec, Gaurd. (Nec already used)
Ele getting Sword: War, Mes, Thief, Guard, Ranger. (Ranger already used)
Nec getting GS: (Guard, War, Mes)

The above are the only confirmed weaps. Based on this I think the easiest to predict would be Ranger as we now their elite spec is Druid. Druids are Nature Magic based therefore you could prob eliminate Mesmer subclass. This leaves Ele/Guard as possible subclass. Ele would be a logical choice but i dont see conjures/cantrips being the utility and Arcane seems too bland unless they make them super OP like how Guard traps look better than Ranger traps. That leaves Guard as subclass and as Guard is another healing support type it makes sense and nature based spirit weaps would be a cool mechanic for this type of spec but even consecrations or meditations would make sense.

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

Saw reaper coming miles ahead!

The profecy is becoming true!

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I am impressed at the prophecisin’

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Thieves have bow and traps, Guardians and Rangers have GS and shouts, Necros don’t have shields.

It’s too early to say whether this theory has any merit, and even if it does, you can’t write anything off yet.

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

Necro 2h is not ranged they will most likely get shouts though

I cringe every time someone says this. Spirits dood.

Cringe now, Lily. Shockingly enough, drkmgic was right on the money – the reaper is melee and a shouter. (Except its shouts hurt.)

I’m not really sure about this whole concept of “elite specializations borrowing from other classes”, seems kind of a step backwards in establishing class identities. (Some, however, will probably appreciate the return of the GW1 “secondary”. Let us only hope it does work in GW2.)