My biggest concern

My biggest concern

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

Is anyone else a little worried about the pve meta shifting from berserker or assassins simply because of the cost of ascended armour.

Im not going to be a happy bunny if come hot my gear becomes sub optimal and say sinister, rampager or god knows what becomes meta for what ever reason.

I think I will die inside if I have to regear and drop hundreds into new equipment.

Forgive me if this has been spoken about before.

My biggest concern

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I don’t care about shifts :P. Weapons are cheap to make and ascended armor only required (easy bypass is buying +10 infusions) for fractal 50.

My biggest concern

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

I hope there is no shift from berserker to something else. Instead I hope that other stat combinations become as viable as berserker’s or at least somewhat more viable.

My biggest concern

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

Your first problem was spending probably hundreds of gold on gear and runes. The meta of going to change, so complaining about it won’t help. As for the meta itself, it needs to change. Now builds will be more than Precision, power, and ferocity.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

My biggest concern

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I hope there is no shift from berserker to something else. Instead I hope that other stat combinations become as viable as berserker’s or at least somewhat more viable.

I agree with this. The increased viability of other sets shouldn’t become zero-sum.

My biggest concern

Posted by: Excludee.3850

Excludee.3850

Your first problem was spending probably hundreds of gold on gear and runes. The meta of going to change, so complaining about it won’t help. As for the meta itself, it needs to change. Now builds will be more than Precision, power, and ferocity.

To be honest there’s little to no indication that the meta WILL change. There’s potential for it to change, sure. But not much beyond that.

My biggest concern

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

I wouldn´t worry about that to much actually. There will always be a place for glassy gear in this game if you put enough effort in to learn it.
The new content might be more difficult for glass canons in the beginning, but some people will figure it out, teach others and slowly everyone gets used to it – just like we did with all of the content currently in the game.

My biggest concern

Posted by: Alkalissa.1706

Alkalissa.1706

Something I realized recently after becoming unhappy with my zerker ascended armor is that trinkets actually provide more stats than your armor, and mostly don’t use gold as currency to replace… so even if things do shift, you can change a reasonable portion of your stats without having to craft new ascended armor.

My biggest concern

Posted by: FrozenChinchilla.5249

FrozenChinchilla.5249

Conditions don’t apply and take effect fast enough.
Tanks don’t do enough damage for fast runs.

PvE is always going to be berserker.
Stack in a corner and mash buttons. Rally any time you get downed.

Nothing will change.
It’s a system that works perfectly until they specifically try to stop it.

My biggest concern

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Is anyone else a little worried about the pve meta shifting from berserker or assassins simply because of the cost of ascended armour.

…Which is more evidence of how bad ArenaNet’s current system is.

Stats shouldn’t be linked to gear that takes a lot of time to acquire. Ascended armor should provide at most more raw armor, not stats like Power and Precision – since then players become unable to change their builds easily, and corner themselves in playing mostly the same build all the time.

If ArenaNet changed the game so gear had no stats other than base damage for weapons and base defense for armor, and players had stat points to distribute how they want – while being able to respec easily -, then we would be able to change how we play the game far more often than today, adding more variety and so making it less likely that a player would become bored with his/her character.

Instead, ArenaNet is going to move in the completely opposite direction, and remove stats control from players while adding more of it to gear. I wonder if ArenaNet is trying to increase player retention by making players grind more for gear, as opposed to making the game more fun, but it’s a very lazy and very boring approach to game design.

My biggest concern

Posted by: Elijah.1436

Elijah.1436

I would like to see more builds instead of like 1 meta build. In Gw1 there were lots of recommended builds but at least there were many to choose from. So I hope we get to see some cool glass cannon builds, condition builds and builds that would require givers, knight’s or soldier’s gear.

My biggest concern

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

I would like to see more builds instead of like 1 meta build. In Gw1 there were lots of recommended builds but at least there were many to choose from. So I hope we get to see some cool glass cannon builds, condition builds and builds that would require givers, knight’s or soldier’s gear.

+1 for that, unfortunately Anet has a lot of work to do with the existing skills to make builds more viable instead of just glass cannon. From the looks of the AmA I’m not too sure on whether or not they know what they’re doing.

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

My biggest concern

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Eh, I don’t really care. You don’t need to be “meta” anywhere, but especially not PvE. If you still like zerker, then I’m sure it will still be effective even if (and I’m doubtful here) it is not the pure meta.

Ideally there will be lots of “viable” builds and gear that are effective, and a handful of multiple “meta” builds and gear that are most effective.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.