My prediction on upcoming Elite Specs!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

Mesmer/Necro – Wells

Guardian/Ranger – Traps

Necro/Guardian – Spirit Weapon

Necro and Guardian seem almost an automatic with Spirit Weapons. I mean Marjory is now holding a WEAPON with a SPIRIT attached to it. I believe it will allow you to summon spirits from the weapon itself to fight along with you, instead of summoning actual weapons to fight.

Thief/Engineer – Elixirs or Gadgets

Thief already has access to traps, which are kind of like Gadgets already, so my money is on Elixirs since when at range, Thiefs don’t have a lot of ways to access boons.

As someone pointed out, Gadgets could be used on a thief more like spy stuff rather than the Engineer’s explosive gadgets. I also wanted to point out that Engineer is the only class that doesn’t have signets, HOWEVER, Elixirs act like signets by giving access to boons that increase stats rather than just passively increasing them like signets, plus it would be really lame to get elixirs for the class that absorbs something from engineer. So Gadgets it is!

Ranger/Elementalist – Nature

Ranger being Druids will obviously be Nature Magic based. They absorb the “magicky” utilties of the Ele but it’s renamed Nature instead of Arcane. It could also be glyphs instead since they haven’t really re-named the skills that have been migrating yet

Warrior/Revenant – ???

I’m not sure what Warriors would absorb from the Revenant. Would they get a legendary stance to swap into with the F1 skill instead of their current burst? All the abilities on a revenant read “Legendary Dwarf” or “Legendary Demon”. Popular choices would be maybe Balthazar stance, or Koss/Jora stance as they were popular heroes in the GW1.

Even if the Revenant subclass isn’t being added to Warrior and I was wrong about it, what do you guys think the class would absorb from the Revenant? I can only think of a Legendary Stance, or some form of “misty” skills.

Elementalist/Mesmer – Manipulate

Elementalist is called Tempest, and manipulate skills would allow her to manipulate the weather.

Engineer/Warrior – Shouts

We see them getting mini drones in trailer, they also look very flashy with the hammer, and kind of look like a Warrior really. I could see a shout that summons the drones to fight by your side.

Revenant/Thief – Deception

Lastly Revenant doesn’t have utilities, so going into this line would give you a Legendary Stance instead. A legendary stance that is popular among fans is Shiro Tagachi who was the Assassion/Thief profession and did use skills that you would classify as Deception…as well, I do believe that Shiro Tagachi was already datamined to be a part of the game.

What do you guys think?

(edited by Jordo.5913)

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

isnt Shiro one of the baseline Legends?

Jordo.5913

no one knows yet, they haven’t released the other Legends yet…..Shiro, Ventari, and Glint were data-mined though:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2z9ygs/datamining_new_legendary_stances_for_the_revenant/

Glint was being used by the baseline Revenant in the trailer, or we assume that it is the regular Revenant. There were a LOT of elite specs in that trailer, so maybe that was showing the Revenant one. I don’t believe that to be the case though, because they don’t really even have the actual Revenant class done, so I don’t think they would be working on the Revenant elite spec so early.

Based on the data mine research with the Shiro info in the client coming last, meaning it was the last legend added in, it would make sense that it is the elite spec legend.

I also don’t think the other two, Ventari and Glint, really had a profession that it was. Which would make it hard to match up to any of the other classes.

(edited by Jordo.5913)

Knighthonor.4061

Guardian = Virtue • Consecration • Meditation • Spirit weapon • Symbol • Tome • Ward

Warrior = Burst • Banner • Physical • Stance

Engineer = Tool belt • Device kit • Elixir • Gadget • Turret • Weapon kit

Ranger = Pet • Pet skills • Spirit • Survival

Thief = Steal • Deception • Dual wield • Stealth Attack • Trick • Venom

Elementalist = Attunement • Arcane • Cantrip • Conjure • Glyph

Mesmer = Shatter • Clone • Glamour • Manipulation • Mantra • Phantasm

Necromancer = Death Shroud • Corruption • Mark • Minion • Spectral • Well

Shared Some = Chain • Shout • Signet • Transform • Trap

(edited by Knighthonor.4061)

Knighthonor.4061

no one knows yet, they haven’t released the other Legends yet…..Shiro, Ventari, and Glint were data-mined though:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2z9ygs/datamining_new_legendary_stances_for_the_revenant/

Glint was being used by the baseline Revenant in the trailer, or we assume that it is the regular Revenant. There were a LOT of elite specs in that trailer, so maybe that was showing the Revenant one. I don’t believe that to be the case though, because they don’t really even have the actual Revenant class done, so I don’t think they would be working on the Revenant elite spec so early.

Based on the data mine research with the Shiro info in the client coming last, meaning it was the last legend added in, it would make sense that it is the elite spec legend.

I also don’t think the other two, Ventari and Glint, really had a profession that it was. Which would make it hard to match up to any of the other classes.

not sure, but didnt Anet say that Revenant would get 5 legends to pick from?

can anybody confirm that statement?

Jordo.5913

I remember them saying they will have the same amount of utilities through legends as the other classes….each class has 4 types of skills + signets, each class has 4 healing skills, and each class has access to 3 elites

so i believe they will have access to 4 legends

but with the elite spec equipped the Revenant would indeed have access to 5 legends to choose from, because the elite spec HAS to add a legend….there is no other way around it….they don’t actually have utility skills like other classes

Jordo.5913

Guardian = Consecration • Meditation • Spirit weapon • Shout

Warrior = Shout• Banner • Physical • Stance

Engineer = Elixir • Gadget • Turret • Weapon kit

Ranger = Shout • Trap • Spirit • Survival

Thief = Deception • Trap • Trick • Venom

Elementalist = Arcane • Cantrip • Conjure • Glyph

Mesmer = Glamour • Manipulation • Mantra • Phantasm

Necromancer = Corruption • Minion • Spectral • Well

just to better clean up what utilities each class has, we already saw that the grenade kit is now classified as a weapon kit, so Engineers no longer have Device Kits

I also removed weapon skills and the class mechanics that you listed as those are not being migrated across characters

Posted by: Achrisos.1360

Achrisos.1360

I remember them saying they will have the same amount of utilities through legends as the other classes….each class has 4 types of skills + signets, each class has 4 healing skills, and each class has access to 3 elites

but with the elite spec equipped the Revenant would indeed have access to 5 legends to choose from, because the elite spec HAS to add a legend….there is no other way around it….they don’t actually have utility skills like other classes

Not all classes use signets….

Jordo.5913

everyone except Engineer….but they have turrets, and it makes absolutely ZERO sense for anyone besides engineer to have turrets

going forward, can everyone please try to contribute something to the actual topic of the thread

(edited by Jordo.5913)

Posted by: Achrisos.1360

Achrisos.1360

Just correcting ur facts… but if u want contribution then my 2 cents no 1 is getting Rev as subclass as its a new prof that hasn’t been played yet so too early to add it to another.

Knighthonor.4061

everyone except Engineer….but they have turrets, and it makes absolutely ZERO sense for anyone besides engineer to have turrets

going forward, can everyone please try to contribute something to the actual topic of the thread

Thief could get Turrets, it fits them as a Sabotager.

Jordo.5913

I mean eventually they will have to give somebody something besides elixirs or gadgets, or that will get boring real quick for anyone who gets the /engineer subclass each elite spec

Thiefs may get turrets, but it seems like a pretty core skill for only Engineers, plus I doubt they give Minions or Turrets to any other class from here on out. They were pretty against it after “Miniongate”, with too many things on screen at once!

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Thief already has access to traps, which are kind of like Gadgets already, so my money is on Elixirs since when at range, Thiefs don’t have a lot of ways to access boons.

Nah, traps and gadgets are nothing like each other, except maybe the mine.

Tricks though, yeah, gadgets and thief tricks have some strong overlap.

And despite that, I can still see a thief getting “gadgets” in a “Spy” elite spec. Not for this current expansion, but Thieves also don’t really use much magic so it makes perfect sense for them to adapt tech, so long as it’s less ‘experimental’ than what engies typically play with. Thief gadgets wouldn’t have the same “I cobbled this together myself from spare parts” sort of feel, but gadgets adapted as an extension of tricks and deceptions thieves use could happen. Like using an Asura-made hologram projector to make decoys for example.

But that said, I really think we should step away from the notion that an elite spec= “Getting something from another class” It CAN be like that, and it already is in some cases, but it doesn’t necessarily need to be like that. An elite spec might get an entirely new skill type. Despite the fact it seems strongly hinted that a spec all has the same skill type, they could also in the future have specs give more than one skill type. For example, Engineers getting one new kit with an elite spec along with the other new utilities would make perfect sense.

Wishful thinking on my part honestly. I’d like to see new kits added in the future. And kits don’t really fit a single line like a lot of other classes’ utilities since each engie line basically has an associated kit, though explosives will have THREE after the rework.

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Spirit weapons for necros?

I highly doubt they will give necros 2 sets of what I feel are mediocre summons.

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

I highly doubt they will give necros 2 sets of what I feel are mediocre summons.

It’s Anet, and they have left the Necro bad since 2.5 years+. I wouldn’t put it past them.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

dancingmonkey.4902

It’s Anet, and they have left the Necro bad since 2.5 years+. I wouldn’t put it past them.

Bad? Necro is one of the strongest and wanted WvW professions, they are solid in PvE, and middling in PvP. If you are going to declare them as “bad”, the least you could do is explain that.

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

I think engineers are going to get minions as their elite spec skill set. Reason form that is in the hot announcement trailer we saw what thematically looks like a engineer chasing down a bunch of modrem dogs with a hammer and he had small flying robots with him.

Since turrets can’t move i think what we saw are turret like minions, or maybe they just get a trait that makes turrets mobile.

see no evil ,until i stab you

dancingmonkey.4902

They stayed they were reworking turrets entirely for HoT. Seems to me it is much more likely that they will simply rework them into mobile droid like minions and add a now utility set, rather then add a second summons set. Particularly given all the negative feed back that summons have received on the whole.

shouts seem more likely to accompany hammer as a weapon.

Jordo.5913

But that said, I really think we should step away from the notion that an elite spec= “Getting something from another class” It CAN be like that, and it already is in some cases, but it doesn’t necessarily need to be like that.

the problem with that is that they are trying to merge classes together to make new classes…..Jon Peters said that Elite specs are GW2’s answer to GW1’s secondary profession mechanic

For instance, Chronomancer is Mesmer/Necro and Guardian is either Guardian/Ranger or Guardian/Thief, as they both had access to traps, however i think something else from thief will be added to another class rather than traps

i do agree with your statement about gadgets though….the elixirs on guardians seem a lot more like signets from other classes, most signets on the other classes give passive stat increases to precision and stuff….whereas elixirs give straight boons such as might/fury or whatever, which still technically increases your power/precision, just in a different way….i’ll prob take away the elixir part now to update it

(edited by Jordo.5913)

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

Bad? Necro is one of the strongest and wanted WvW professions, they are solid in PvE, and middling in PvP. If you are going to declare them as “bad”, the least you could do is explain that.

Necromancers are bad, if they weren’t the whole necromancer subforum wouldn’t be constantly posting suggestions on how to change and improve the class.

In pve they are undeniably the worst profession for anything that requires 5 people to do. In pvp they require constant babysitting to not get locked down and murdered because they have no actual defense. In wvw for roaming every other profession is better and the only real place they have is in a zerg backline.

So do you think a profession that is decent in half of game mode is not bad?

Altho keep in mind the elite spec will certainly make them better in pve by giving them great sword and probably shouts, thing is you still have a horrible foundation that doesn’t really function.

see no evil ,until i stab you

dancingmonkey.4902

They do not need babysitting of any kind in PvP.

Every subforum has as many or more threads claiming their profession as under powered and has as many threads demanding or suggesting changes.

If your going to claim the profession as “bad”, please explain that. Saying a subforum has a lot of complaints suggest nothing other then that it is precisely like every subforum.

Jordo.5913

I mean, if you look at Marjory, they stated that she has already become the new elite spec for Necromancer, and she is wielding a literal spirit imbued weapon.

I also believe that Necros aren’t getting shouts. I just don’t see a Necro shouting commands and stuff like that, it would feel off to me. In lore, they are supposed to be this hiding in the dark corner type of class, that doesn’t talk very much. If you look at the 3 classes that have shouts, they are all “commanding” classes.

On top of this, Engineers need something to do while they are now melee, everything except gadgets and elixirs is kind of meant for range, and a lot of the gadgets they have, have knockback for kiting because they were range only.

dancingmonkey.4902

Hammer, bomb kit, tool kit are not ranged

Grenades are getting range cut to 900.

Rifle only has 1 attack, the auto attack that is ranged.

They are melee to medium range, by far more then they are at long ranged.

Jordo.5913

Hammer is the reason you’ll be in melee in the first place, and who wants to use bomb and tool kits to replace that Hammer weapon you are getting?

Also, shouts aren’t just for you, they are for all the other melee that are on the boss as well that your shouts will reach to, now that you’ll be in melee a ton.

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

We do this kitten almost everyday. Stop looking at the threads read them.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Posted by: Enrif.7359

Enrif.7359

My take…..

Engineer+Guardian Shout = unnamed Hammer spec(blacksmith?)

Elementalist+Warrior Stance = Tempest

Thief+Engineer Turret =unnamed Rifle spec(saboteur)

Guardian+Ranger Trap = Dragonhunter

Ranger+Thief Venom = Druid

Revenant+Elementalist Glyph = unnamed Revenant spec(Ritualist)

Warrior+Mesmer Mantra = unnamed Warrior spec(Warmonger)

Mesmer+Necromancer Well = Chronomancer

Necromancer+Revenant skill = unnamed Greatsword spec(Reaper)

(edited by Enrif.7359)

dancingmonkey.4902

Hammer is the reason you’ll be in melee in the first place, and who wants to use bomb and tool kits to replace that Hammer weapon you are getting?

Also, shouts aren’t just for you, they are for all the other melee that are on the boss as well that your shouts will reach to, now that you’ll be in melee a ton.

Yeah, I misunderstood that previous post.

You meant to compliment what they will have as far as melee range with what they will have weapon skill wise in the future. I originally misread that as you meaning they will have no melee range attacks.

I mentioned in another post as well, that I felt like shouts seemed to go with hammer in my opinion. So I feel we are on the same page.

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Nope. Close to worst/most undesirable in PvE, mediocre in sPvP the second you play vs a team that knows what they are doing (meaning they know a necro in a 3v3 fight is free fodder because their only defense doesn’t scale with the amount of enemies attacking him/her… Example: 1 player or 5 players attack a warrior under endure pain : same result. 5 players instead of one attack a necro in DS : DS gets shredded 5 times as quickly, and burst classes can take the DS out on their own withing seconds, anyways), and the only reason they are “good” in WvW is their massive aoe well bombing or their roaming where they can pick 1v1’s and 1v2’s so that the non-scaling defenses don’t matter as much.

Another reason why they are mediocre in sPvP is that they start with 0 Lifeforce, so they can be starved from their only defense and thus their profession mechanic, while all other classes have their def skills and mechanics avaiable from the get-go. Also, most other classes havce a “kitten this, I’m outta here!” button to escape the necro if they were losing, or if the necro gets help. The necro cannot run away from a fight when his enemy gets help if he didn’t place a flesh wurm in advance (which can be killed), and he cannot keep an enemy from leaping/shadowstepping/blinking/superspeeding or stealthing away.

So, yeah, Necro IS in a bad spot. And that “second hp bar” excuse Anet always spouts is bullkitten, because if it actually WAs a seocnd hp bar, it wouldn’t decay, wouldn’t replace skills 1-5 (although i don’T have an issue with this part), and would allow healing either to normal hp, or turn all healing/life leeching to grant life force. THEN you could talk second hp-bar. And even then they could still be exploded cause no scaling defense.

(edited by Shiki.7148)

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Next profession to get spot light is probably going to be a medium armor profession. So if we think about it its, light – heavy – medium, then the next set will be that but it might not be in that order.

Predictions for skill types?

Necromancer – Spirits

Warrior – Meditations

Thief – Physical, stances or gadget

Druid – Glyph

Engineer – Signet or shouts

Elementalist – Shouts or ????

Revenant – anyone’s guess really.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

As much as I love the thought of flying or mobile turrets I have to say that I hope sincerely that they’ll do something about the other types of explosives in the engineer because they are in severe need of improvement overall. Kits are great well they were when they had an actual balanced kit refinement trait and turrets have always been weak and inappropriately nerfed but we definitely need many many choices. I’m hoping that while they look at what they have planned for turrets based on the few seconds of video of the class’s new look, that they’ll also take the time to make mines and bombs better than they were and actually make the #1 skill on grenades optional for ground targeting so that we don’t have to if we don’t wish it for that 1 skill.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Lestawolf.6781

Lestawolf.6781

Hi, Nothing have been revealed on thief specialization, and i decide to put my two cents on what the specialization could lead and what i think could be a really cool idea. Many post til far i have seen giving thief the rifle, greatsword or offhand sword but i came with a insane idea, why not to give thief focus and mantras skills?. you could center the focus skills on evasions or blocks, an also support skills (even give him distortion), an mantras are a very quick spellcasting . Now with the reveal trap and that kind of stuff will give the thief another aspect of evasion an blocking with the focus instead of relying on stealth wile remaining the fast pace, hard to hit profession that is right now. i would like to hear your opinions about it and other cool ideas you might have =)

Posted by: VocalThought.9835

VocalThought.9835

Guardian = Shout • Meditation • Consecration • Spirit Weapon • Signets

Warrior = Shout• Physical • Banner • Stance • Signets

Engineer = Elixir • Gadget • Turret • Kits

Ranger = Shout • Trap • Spirit • Survival • Signets

Thief = Deception • Trap • Trick • Venom • Signets

Elementalist = Arcane • Cantrip • Conjure • Glyph • Signets

Mesmer = Glamour • Manipulation • Mantra • Illusions • Signets

Necromancer = Corruption • Minion • Spectral • Well • Signets

just to better clean up what utilities each class has, we already saw that the grenade kit is now classified as a weapon kit, so Engineers no longer have Device Kits

I also removed weapon skills and the class mechanics that you listed as those are not being migrated across characters

With his being said, I think each Profession will either get 3 or 4 Elite Specializations.

Warrior
– Warlord: OH Pistol & Venoms
– Paragon: Staff & Illusions
– Arcane Warrior : Focus & Spectral

Thief
– Tumbler: Staff & Stance
– Assassin: Rifle & Mantras
– Rouge: OH Sword & Arcane

Guardian
– Vanguard : OH Mace & Glamour
– Seraphim (DH): Long Bow & Traps
– Sentential: OH Sword & Glyphs

Engineer
– Demolitioner: Hammer & Spirit Weapons
– Render: MH Mace & Arcane
– Tinkerer: Focus & Minions

Necromancer
– Reaver: Great Sword & Shouts
– Spectre: Torch & Manipulation
- Reaper: OH Axe & Glyphs

Ranger
– Druid: Staff & Spectral
– Shaman: Hammer & Elixir
- Strider: Shield & Physical

Elementalist
– Tempest: MH Sword & Stance
– Warlock: MH Mace & Consecration
– Warden: Hammer & Traps

Mesmer
– Chronomancer: Shield & Wells
– Enchanter: OH Daggers & Shouts
– Conjurer: Warhorn & Turrets

(edited by VocalThought.9835)

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

So, I’m going to throw out a wierd prediction and say that Thief, assuming it’s a “Sniper” spec, will get mantras.

These will be disciplinary style mantras for focusing them on getting that perfect shot.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Hammer is the reason you’ll be in melee in the first place

If you’re an engi, you will get to melee range at some point, Hammer or no Hammer.

and who wants to use bomb and tool kits to replace that Hammer weapon you are getting?

Are they giving us Initiative or Energy to go with the hammer? I have cooldowns and I can’t swap weapons. I’m either using a kit or sitting there autoattacking with the hammer.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

It seems odd that the thief doesn’t have access to some sort of club. See also: sap, blackjack, nightstick, truncheon, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baton_(law_enforcement)#Sap

The table is a fable.

Jordo.5913

Hammer is the reason you’ll be in melee in the first place

If you’re an engi, you will get to melee range at some point, Hammer or no Hammer.

and who wants to use bomb and tool kits to replace that Hammer weapon you are getting?

Are they giving us Initiative or Energy to go with the hammer? I have cooldowns and I can’t swap weapons. I’m either using a kit or sitting there autoattacking with the hammer.

that is a good point about the initiative/energy statement….honestly, i’ve never played an Engineer, the class isn’t for me, and I think i’m still bleh about the class on top of having guns and stuff in GW2….I was peeved when they announced it before beta. I could’ve gone for an Arcane type Engineer based around the Asura though….because Magic.

(edited by Jordo.5913)

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I think it heavily depends on the theme of each Elite Spec. So far we have Chrono using wells and DH using traps. Traps fit the hunter theme of the DH and wells fit a sort of time well theme for the Chrono.

As I’m bored and not able to get in game at the moment, here are some ideas for the other professions:

Engineer – Artificer, Machinist
Themed around being some sort of mobile frontline support, using hammer for aoe control and utilizing mobile drones instead of turrets.
Possible skill type: Minions (drones)

Thief – Stalker, Enforcer
Themed around being a sniper type, using a rifle. Sneaking around the backlines offering long range damage and backline support.
Possible skill types: Gadgets, Stances, Survival

Ranger – Druid
Themed around nature magic, offering mid-range support and control.
Possible skill types: Wards, Mantras, Cantrips, Elixirs (druidic potions)

Elementalist – Tempest
Aggressive storm themed sword mage, bringing damage and control to the frontline, with high mobility.
Possible skill types: Shouts (magical storm themed blasts of air and noise), Mantras, Symbols (storm & attunement themed)

Necromancer – Reaper, Spiritbinder
Spirit/soul magic themed bringer of death, offering close range support and using the greatsword to deal aoe damage.
Possible skill types: Spirits, Spirit Weapons, Shouts (spectral themed screams), Deceptions (black magic themed)

Warrior – Warmonger, Sentinel
A more tactical soldier themed around being a mid-range area control specialist, using torch for aoe damage and support, assisting front or backline allies.
Possible skill types: Weapon Kits (additional weapons carried into the field of battle (Spear Kit, Net Kit, etc), Meditations (physical themed), Venoms

I’m not going to hazardous a guess about revenant, as we do not have all information about them yet.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.