Mystic Coin Price

Mystic Coin Price

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: seyhzade.3401

seyhzade.3401

1 Mystic Coin now nearly 1gold, so far its most expensive part of Legendary making(wont discuss about bcoz of Sigil all legendary just become skin nothign more..) And for Hot Legendaries u have to get 250 coins + 77 Mystic Clover(nearly u have to spend 250 coins for 77 clovers). On total just 475g just for 2 items. I even wasnt spending half of those golds for rest of item for legendary making. I have to buy them bcoz there is no other way to farm them. Only from daily log in and from some daily and fractals chets u might get. Really must be a solution for the Mystic Coins.

Btw i know i can get Mystic Clovers form PvP & www rewards chest but it takes long time to complete if u not work hard for them.

Mystic Coin Price

Posted by: Xultair.7954

Xultair.7954

Not sure which legendaries have the coins as the most expensive part to them, I recently crafted nevermore and juggernaut and the amagulated gemstones and silver doubloons were the most expensive part at roughly 1.8g a piece and you need 250 of them each. Legendaries sell for 2-3k because they’re expensive not just time consuming.

Mystic Coin Price

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

You seem to act as if you are in a rush to get it done. Remember that legendary weapons are an end game pursuit and take a great deal of time as Xultair said. As you yourself mentioned that are other methods to getting mystic coins other than buying them. If you dont want to wait to collect them from for example the Chest of Loyalty, then you’re going to pay for them. It really just seems like youre complaining because you feel inconvenienced by a system that works just fine.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Mystic Coin Price

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

ANet is happy with the price of Mystic Coins as demonstrated in their last AMA on reddit.

Mystic Coin Price

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

Anet is OK with nearly 1g prices on hardened leather squares, and they are a basic need to gear up a character to start playing and having fun. Do you think they care about mystic coin prices, that are, in fact, a luxiory thing, not basic need?

Mystic Coin Price

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Newbies have coins and don’t need them, so they sell for a profit. Rich players making legendaries buy coins for a trivial amount. Yes 1 gold is a trivial amount when you’re making a legendary.

The price is totally fine.

Mystic Coin Price

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Anet is OK with nearly 1g prices on hardened leather squares, and they are a basic need to gear up a character to start playing and having fun. Do you think they care about mystic coin prices, that are, in fact, a luxiory thing, not basic need?

When were hardened leather squares made into a necessity to start playing and having fun?

Mystic Coin Price

seyhzade.3401

All those materials that u all said like Amugulated gemstone, silver doubloons, leathers, ores, etc…. u can farm them there is posibilty. But there is no farm method for Mystic Coins. I am not just telling price is to high, i am sayin price high + there is no farm method for Coins. You have to get from dailies which is to complete 250 u will need nearly 1 year just from dailies. So u still sayin its fair? less source more demand i can accept but there is jsut 1 source for Mystic Coins. Btw coins that u got from dailies already nerfed long time ago, now u gettin 20 coin in 30 days previous it was 30. Also making clovers at Mystic Forge there were posbility to get 10 to 50 coins now afaik it 10 and drop rate of it nerfed or i am not gettin any. I got nearly 10 legendaries + 2 HoT precursors which is waiting for 500 Mystic Coins + 144 Clovers. And i like to make legendaries with farming not buyin from TPs but there is no other way for those mats.

Mystic Coin Price

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

So you have gathered 10 legendaries plus 2 more precursors in a little over 4 years and you complain that materials for legendaries are too hard to get????

Mystic Coin Price

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The price of the legendary sword, Bolt, is currently running at around 2.7k (buy offers) to 3.2k (sell). In June of last year (9 months ago), it was closer to 4.0-4.6k. During the same period, mystic coins rose from ~60-68 silver each to today’s 88-98s.

So it’s reasonable to conclude that people are willing to pay more for things like mystic coins because they are paying much less for all the other components of their legendary.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Mystic Coin Price

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Also of note: there were several determined efforts to break the mystic coin market. They failed, literally, and the market recovered within 24 hours. That’s … what a healthy market does: raise the prices by increasing demand, and more people decide it is worth selling, compensating for that.

We can’t be certain this will always be true, but right now … this isn’t a problem.

Mystic Coin Price

OriOri.8724

Also I feel the need to point out, even though I hate how expensive MC are, John Smith did say in the AMA that the incoming supply of MC was about 10% higher than the amount of MC being used. Which means that the price should now stay about the same.

Mystic Coin Price

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Also I feel the need to point out, even though I hate how expensive MC are, John Smith did say in the AMA that the incoming supply of MC was about 10% higher than the amount of MC being used. Which means that the price should now stay about the same.

I think it will keep going up a bit — markets rise & fall partly on perception, not just the actual supply or actual ‘need’. At the moment, a lot of people feel that they can’t wait for coins and have money to burn (relative to what they thought the might spend on other mats). That allows the price to keep going up, even though the faucet is still pouring out more coins than are spinning down the sink.

Regardless, your implied point holds true: the devs don’t seem worried about the price.

Mystic Coin Price

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

You seem to act as if you are in a rush to get it done. Remember that legendary weapons are an end game pursuit and take a great deal of time as Xultair said. As you yourself mentioned that are other methods to getting mystic coins other than buying them. If you dont want to wait to collect them from for example the Chest of Loyalty, then you’re going to pay for them. It really just seems like youre complaining because you feel inconvenienced by a system that works just fine.

that is terrible advice. The fact is that anet is willing to dynamically change the supply and value of various item time after time. The predicament the op is facing is because John Smith has meddle with sources and sinks of mystic coins.

The system does work fine. The OP is getting screwed.

Mystic Coin Price

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

why? an hour a day will net you an easy 500 gold a month.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Mystic Coin Price

Ider.1276

When were hardened leather squares made into a necessity to start playing and having fun?

Since HoT release when they became a must to craft all exotic armor gear, which is a must to start playing and having fun in PvE.

Mystic Coin Price

Ashen.2907

Since HoT release when they became a must to craft all exotic armor gear, which is a must to start playing and having fun in PvE.

Hmm, no. Crafting exotics is not a must to start playing and having fun.

Mystic Coin Price

Ider.1276

Depends on what your defenition of fun is. If it is core Tiria events/map completion that yes, you can do it in greens. If you find fun in dungeons, fractals, raids and HoT maps then exotic is a minimum to have.

Mystic Coin Price

Ashen.2907

Depends on what your defenition of fun is. If it is core Tiria events/map completion that yes, you can do it in greens. If you find fun in dungeons, fractals, raids and HoT maps then exotic is a minimum to have.

Pretty cheap to buy them. Ive at least one character of each profession at level 80, outfitted in exotics, without crafting a single piece.

Mystic Coin Price

Ider.1276

Pretty cheap to buy them. Ive at least one character of each profession at level 80, outfitted in exotics, without crafting a single piece.

Good luck with buying those viper/commander exotics.

Mystic Coin Price

OriOri.8724

@Ashen – Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of being able to craft your own gear though? Yea its pretty cheap to buy exotics now, and maybe it should always be cheaper to buy them than craft them, but crafting them should not be 10x more expensive than crafting for something as baseline as exotics.

I mean come on. An intricate gossamer insignia costs 10+ gold depending on which one you want just due to the gossamer patches alone. Depending on the stats you want and which armor class, you can buy almost 2 entire sets of exotic armor for the same price as that 1 insignia.

That is not remotely balance. Crafting should be a viable alternative to buying off the TP, and currently for exotic armor it is anything but. As of right now, due almost solely to the two-fold effect from the ridiculous price of leather and the ridiculous recipes to create patches to make anything, crafting everything is way too kittening expensive. I get it if ANet wants ascended crafting to be expensive as hell for new players. But making it so that you have to pay 70+ gold to craft a single exotic set of armor? That’s kittening ridiculous, and its made even more ridiculous by how easy exotics are to acquire.

ANet even has exotics from the laurel vendor. At 2 pieces per 5 laurels, rounding up to 2 for 6 laurels due to RNG in what you get, that means that Anet values exotic pieces at 3 gold maximum, yet they are fine with it costing almost 4 times that much to craft it yourself. How can anyone defend leather prices? Seriously? Because I don’t get it.

Mystic Coin Price

seyhzade.3401

Its bulkitten, Mystic Coin not balanced and it wont till all HoT legendary wepaons published. I will remind all of these when MC hit 2g. Dont say it won, coz it will, every events,items, skins etc need coins, more skin puttin into game creating more demands for coins. And why ppl talkin without think and just focusin price of MC? Think and compare with other that u makin legendaries. Are u okey with it that u even not spendin 250g for all mats but just for mystic coins? If u okey with that i have no words to say for u. And we will see when legendary armor hit the game. Probably coin will hit 3g.

Mystic Coin Price

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Its bulkitten, Mystic Coin not balanced and it wont till all HoT legendary wepaons published. I will remind all of these when MC hit 2g. Dont say it won, coz it will, every events,items, skins etc need coins, more skin puttin into game creating more demands for coins. And why ppl talkin without think and just focusin price of MC? Think and compare with other that u makin legendaries. Are u okey with it that u even not spendin 250g for all mats but just for mystic coins? If u okey with that i have no words to say for u. And we will see when legendary armor hit the game. Probably coin will hit 3g.

The price has appeared to have stabilized at the beginning of last December. I’d say that it’s balanced. Balanced doesn’t mean that the price level is favorable to everyone.

Mystic Coin Price

Ashen.2907

People were able to start playing the game for years before those were released. Unless people now are less competent than they were fojr and a half years ago, they probably still can.

Can one craft exotic gear, viper or commander included, at level 1?

Mystic Coin Price

SlippyCheeze.5483

People were able to start playing the game for years before those were released. Unless people now are less competent than they were fojr and a half years ago, they probably still can.

Can one craft exotic gear, viper or commander included, at level 1?

I still find the fetishizing of the “meta” builds very hard to understand. Sure, vipers is “the best” choice for condition damage, but it’s absolutely, positively not required that you hit “theoretical peak” to be able to play.

Heck, for many players, and in much of the available content outside the absolute peak of PvP, or trying to speedrun or low-player raids, it’s not even close to needed.

I’m still reminded of how, over in WoW, people would complain that mythic raids were “impossible” without getting the full set of well rolled best-in-slot gear … while guilds cleared that on week three, when they were mostly wearing the equivalent of a mismatched set of exotics with random runes.

Perception is a powerful thing, and some people see “absolutely min/max build” as essential to doing anything. That’s … not really accurate, though.

Mystic Coin Price

OriOri.8724

The price has appeared to have stabilized at the beginning of last December. I’d say that it’s balanced. Balanced doesn’t mean that the price level is favorable to everyone.

I’m still worried about the impact that the release of Leg Armor will have on MC. I can see it temporarily increasing the price of MC, but I don’t have faith in the price to come back down naturally

Mystic Coin Price

SlippyCheeze.5483

I’m still worried about the impact that the release of Leg Armor will have on MC. I can see it temporarily increasing the price of MC, but I don’t have faith in the price to come back down naturally

Yup. Thankfully anet are still watching this, and will react if the market does break because of a change in demand (eg: armor).

Don’t expect a day one reaction, of course, since just like the lillies being in high demand triggered by the current story, if it settles out people can either “pay high, get content early” or “pay low, but get content later”.

Mystic Coin Price

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I can see an initial spike but I believe it would be caused by speculators more than a significant increase in demand. This does not mean that both won’t contribute; I just feel that speculation would play a larger factor.

How many people already have their 150 LI? How many are getting pretty close? My belief is that there isn’t a large enough players to push the prices up enough to cause an impact beyond the normal ups and downs. Definitely not the 3G that one person is claiming a few posts up. It’ll have about as much impact as a new legendary weapon but likely less due to how many will be able to go for it.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Mystic Coin Price

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

Yup. Thankfully anet are still watching this, and will react if the market does break because of a change in demand (eg: armor).

Don’t expect a day one reaction, of course, since just like the lillies being in high demand triggered by the current story, if it settles out people can either “pay high, get content early” or “pay low, but get content later”.

LOL, yea they will react to it just like how they “fixed” the leather pricing with the centaur farm. If Legendary Armor got released and MC pricing goes to 4G each, Anet would definitely do absolutely nothing.

Mystic Coin Price

OriOri.8724

ANet won’t interfere with MC again.They said in the last AMA that they are happy with the incoming supply vs outgoing supply, and that won’t change even if the price goes up to 4g each. ANet would leave it there. If they felt the need to interfere more with MC then they already would have done so

Mystic Coin Price

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

The price is fine. Im more worried with the stance that mystic coins and goals tied to them are only for the rich players. Because I dont feel that way about alot of them at all. Legendaries and such sure, thats all good. But some of the more generic ones? And that all tied to one currency? (Pick one, give up on the others to some extend) That sounds completely ridiculous and I think they could maybe rebalance those specific recipes to be more in line with what they provide.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Mystic Coin Price

SlippyCheeze.5483

ANet won’t interfere with MC again.They said in the last AMA that they are happy with the incoming supply vs outgoing supply, and that won’t change even if the price goes up to 4g each. ANet would leave it there. If they felt the need to interfere more with MC then they already would have done so

They also said, in the same AMA — and I think even the same post — that they (eg: John Smith) would continue to monitor the market, and might take action in future IF it became unhealthy.

Which isn’t impossible, and will happen if needed. It’s not like they didn’t already make a few pokes at it (hi, running man) to increase supply.

Really, if they hit four gold it’s gonna be a big motivator for more people to complete that coin-a-day anomoly, right? I mean, that’s now twice as valuable as the three by dailies for a single event…

Mystic Coin Price

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

The price is fine. Im more worried with the stance that mystic coins and goals tied to them are only for the rich players. Because I dont feel that way about alot of them at all. Legendaries and such sure, thats all good. But some of the more generic ones? And that all tied to one currency? (Pick one, give up on the others to some extend) That sounds completely ridiculous and I think they could maybe rebalance those specific recipes to be more in line with what they provide.

Only legendaries require 500 of them. All other mystic coin goals require much smaller, more achievable amounts. Anyone can farm up 30 from logins, or if they want coins faster they can farm the gold and buy them from players to whom coins don’t matter, but the amount of gold they get from selling one coin matters a lot.

Mystic Coin Price

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Personally, I like the higher prices for materials despite the expense in crafting. It helps all players make gold by gathering and salvaging. I still remember how low materials had gotten after release and season 1.

This way, you can get gold for playing.

Mystic Coin Price

SlippyCheeze.5483

Personally, I like the higher prices for materials despite the expense in crafting. It helps all players make gold by gathering and salvaging. I still remember how low materials had gotten after release and season 1. This way, you can get gold for playing.

Almost all materials (other than mystic coins and a handful of other specific things) have dropped in price significantly from their peak. The overall price of legendaries is much lower despite the 2x or 3x rise in MC prices over the same time because of those drops.

…but yeah, I don’t see the price as a problem, as such, rather as a reasonable part of the economy that is currently working healthily.

Mystic Coin Price

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

Only legendaries require 500 of them. All other mystic coin goals require much smaller, more achievable amounts. Anyone can farm up 30 from logins, or if they want coins faster they can farm the gold and buy them from players to whom coins don’t matter, but the amount of gold they get from selling one coin matters a lot.

Legendaries only require about 230 Mystic Coins… Less if you get Clovers another way.

Mystic Coin Price

OriOri.8724

@SRoode – The second gen legendary weapons require 77 mystic clovers and also an entire stack of 250 MC on top of that, which is where the number 500 is coming from. When people talk about making clovers, its easier to just say you need an entire stack in case you have a bit of bad luck a few times.

Mystic Coin Price

Illconceived Was Na.9781

@SRoode – The second gen legendary weapons require 77 mystic clovers and also an entire stack of 250 MC on top of that, which is where the number 500 is coming from. When people talk about making clovers, its easier to just say you need an entire stack in case you have a bit of bad luck a few times.

Assuming a drop rate of 0.3 clover per attempt (my personal experience), you need 256 m-coins to get 77 clover. Assuming the wiki’s rate of 0.33, you need only 233 m-coins.

(For what it’s worth, the wiki estimates 484, for example)

So, yes, it seems fair to say one needs “two stacks” of m-coins for the gen-2 legendaries.

Mystic Coin Price

Posted by: Anto.5109

Anto.5109

When GW2 initially released I made sure to have two accounts. One as my primary, and, a secondary for extra storage. No doubt other people did the same from the get go. Neither requires you to have HoT to bank the daily login rewards. Why only have one guaranteed steady stream of Mystic Coins when you can have several going at the same time.

Mystic Coin Price

OriOri.8724

Paying for a second account is not a reasonable way to go about acquiring MC. I can’t comprehend how people are ok with having multiple accounts being the only viable way to acquire enough MC in a reasonable time to craft anything with them barring the TP.

Mystic Coin Price

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Paying for a second account is not a reasonable way to go about acquiring MC. I can’t comprehend how people are ok with having multiple accounts being the only viable way to acquire enough MC in a reasonable time to craft anything with them barring the TP.

I agree that people shouldn’t feel compelled to own multiple accounts for any reason, regardless of utility or fun.

However, I can’t see why it matters how the coins are acquired. The mystic forge doesn’t care, why should we?

Besides, what constitutes a “reasonable time to craft” when the only things that mystic coins are used for are luxuries that only need to be forged once? Legendaries are the most expensive category of things we can get on the TP and despite the increased price of m-coins, they are cheaper now than when the coins were cheap.

As I’ve been saying all along, I’m not against ANet adding sources. All the same, I don’t see a problem with the reduced faucet of free coins or an increasing number of sinks. I think people probably wouldn’t mind the current price so much if some of us didn’t remember how cheap the coins used to be.

Mystic Coin Price

Ashen.2907

It seems odd, to me, to say, “barring,” the main intended means of acquiring MC quickly.

Barring reward tracks and doing the dungeon, Ascalonian Catacombs exclusive skins are pretty hard to come by.

Mystic Coin Price

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

Theres no reason that MCs have to able to be acquired quickly, whatever that means.
They arnt essential for anything which means the reasons for acquiring them is purely discressionary.
From Anets perspective , people buying multiple copies of the game to get MCs is a great thing as its more revenue.