Necessary Ranger Changes for RP Purposes

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: tyler.2569

tyler.2569

Spirits must be innately mobile and without a time-based-lifespan.
This would enable me to meander through Tyria as a Spiritual Norn, teaching Guru Meditation to all those whom so desire to understand the True Nature of their Existence.
It is my belief that Tyrians will come to find peace in their lives only through Meditation and Self Realization. The nature of our existence goes so far beyond the Gods and Dragons; and if we are not drawing from that fundamental basis, then we will always be approaching our challenges in the night of ignorance.

Taking away the mobility of my Spirits essentially takes away the mobility of my teaching.
For it is through my Spirits that I am lead to those whom are capable of Hearing the Teaching.

Sure, my Spirits and I could live in a cave somewhere in the Shiverpeaks; but we’ve all seen what’s become of Blane ( the Insane). Would I really want to subject my aspirants to that? I don’t think so.

I therefor propose that it is for the Spiritual Betterment of all of Tyria that Spirits remain capable of mobility; indeed that Spirits are innately mobile, and without that time-based-lifespan ( time is so yesterday [ hehe ] ).

I also propose that all Rangers whom summon the maximum amount of Spirits at once ( 5 ) receive an Aura while doing so; thus, indicating that they are Teachers of the Way, for those with less than acute vision.

However, being resigned to the Mysterious Ways of Life, I wholly accept it if such is not the case. I aspire not to interfere with forces beyond my own will, but only to help spread a Message of Peace and Understanding.

— Sincerely, a Kind and Humble Spirit Ranger

Posted by: meeflak.9714

meeflak.9714

Spirits must be innately mobile and without a time-based-lifespan.
This would enable me to meander through Tyria as a Spiritual Norn, teaching Guru Meditation to all those whom so desire to understand the True Nature of their Existence.
It is my belief that Tyrians will come to find peace in their lives only through Meditation and Self Realization. The nature of our existence goes so far beyond the Gods and Dragons; and if we are not drawing from that fundamental basis, then we will always be approaching our challenges in the night of ignorance.

Taking away the mobility of my Spirits essentially takes away the mobility of my teaching.
For it is through my Spirits that I am lead to those whom are capable of Hearing the Teaching.

Sure, my Spirits and I could live in a cave somewhere in the Shiverpeaks; but we’ve all seen what’s become of Blane ( the Insane). Would I really want to subject my aspirants to that? I don’t think so.

I therefor propose that it is for the Spiritual Betterment of all of Tyria that Spirits remain capable of mobility; indeed that Spirits are innately mobile, and without that time-based-lifespan ( time is so yesterday [ hehe ] ).

I also propose that all Rangers whom summon the maximum amount of Spirits at once ( 5 ) receive an Aura while doing so; thus, indicating that they are Teachers of the Way, for those with less than acute vision.

However, being resigned to the Mysterious Ways of Life, I wholly accept it if such is not the case. I aspire not to interfere with forces beyond my own will, but only to help spread a Message of Peace and Understanding.

— Sincerely, a Kind and Humble Spirit Ranger

We are friends. I support this. I support you

All professions lvl 80. x2 elementalist
main Druid ~~Adalyn Del Rayna~~ [SIGH]
[Ehmry Bay]

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Hate to break it to you, but the dev’s want the spirits to be good (at not moving) while being stationery.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

I need my ranger to have a rifle with 2000 or so range for like… RP purposes. They should do that…

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

RP wise, spirits became mobile only in GW2, up to GW1 all spirits was stationary, be it ranger spirits or the ritualist ones.

What you can do is set a place of teaching and summon the spirits and later move to another place and summon them again and keep your journey.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Buy an Oakheart or a Mossheart, they are pretty similar.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

Or complete the Aetherpath meta achievement, like all the cool kids do.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Hate to break it to you, but the dev’s want the spirits to be good (at not moving) while being stationery.

I know people want things to look good on paper, but I don’t think the devs want it to literally be paper. :P

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

RP wise, spirits became mobile only in GW2, up to GW1 all spirits was stationary, be it ranger spirits or the ritualist ones.

What you can do is set a place of teaching and summon the spirits and later move to another place and summon them again and keep your journey.

I kinda miss the GW1 spirits which affected everything regardless of whether it was friend or foe.

The ultimate troll: Slot the spirit “Edge of Extinction” when going up against White Mantle or Bandits and laugh as your party starts dying for “no reason”.

Posted by: MikeE.5947

MikeE.5947

Just like Necro pets xD