Need info before I buy

Need info before I buy

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: JayDako.1739

JayDako.1739

I have not played GW2 in over a year. I looked at HoT and I see Guild Wars 2 FINALLY has Guild Halls. About time they caught up to GW1. Anyways, I see I can’t get HoT by itself and rather, I have to get it with GW2 included. I already own GW2 so why do I have to re-buy it at full price? I got the ultimate edition for GW2 back in the day and I am wondering, do I stay at ultimate if I get the regular version or am I downgrading? Cause I can not see spending a hundred bucks again for this game. Heck, I am having a tough time deciding if I am even going to update my game because I don’t want to hit a “Okay I beat the game. Bored now.” situation and feel like I wasted my money, especially since I got hacked my first week and GW2 refused to return what was lost because I, for some reason, am expected to take a screen shot of my inventory before I log out as if I know I am going to be hacked.

Need info before I buy

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

1. You’re not ‘re-buying’ the core game. It’s just included in the expansion.

2. Yes, you stay at Ultimate Edition with all the perks that version includes. There is no ‘downgrading’ per se. The perks for Hearts of Thorns are why the cost varies.

3. As far as getting hacked, they have a new system that should all but prevent it now if you follow the instruction. You even get a mini out of it when you’re done.

Hope this helped.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Need info before I buy

Posted by: JayDako.1739

JayDako.1739

I mean if I buy the regular $50 version of the game, do I get the ultimate or deluxe stuff since I bought ultimate when the core game was all that there was?

Need info before I buy

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I edited my answer, but to be clear: The core game perks that you paid for will remain the same. The cost variance is for the perks in Heart of Thorns . . . not the Core game. Thus the various costs.

Those perks, like the glider for example, are part of the more expensive package.

So, no, you don’t have to ‘re-buy’ the most expensive version to keep your Core Game perks. The costs are for the new perks in the expansion only.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Need info before I buy

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I mean if I buy the regular $50 version of the game, do I get the ultimate or deluxe stuff since I bought ultimate when the core game was all that there was?

No, you won’t. Expansion has nothing to do with what version of base game you bought years ago. If you want HOT deluxe stuff or those gems in Ultimate version, you have to buy that package.

Of course you will never lose your ultimate stuff from basic game. Nobody is going to steal your Rytlock figurine, don’t worry.

(edited by Mortifer.2946)