Nerf to bloodstone crystal nodes?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Keysha.2815

Keysha.2815

It used to be that we could farm bloodstone crystals to 26-28 nodes a day, per account. Of late, however, it is down to 11 to 12. Is this a deliberate nerf? I have seen it on more than one account (hubby has an account and has noticed it as well). Anyone else notice this?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Did you check for diminishing returns where a char gets less if it stays on a map too long? If you have chars parked on that map remove them and do some events on another map (perhaps take them to ember bay to farm there). Then return to Bloodstone fen and recheck number of nodes you can farm on that char.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Keysha.2815

I actually was getting flax, as well, so was in Verdant Brink, too. My first time in the map that day, 10 characters, 2 nodes each, got 2 hits on the 11th node and they all vanished. Each character did VB as well as BF.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Wiki says nothing about a nerf. I had noticed the same thing for the petrified wood nodes in the last couple of days but I was thinking it was diminishing returns since the chars were parked there. I also ran 2 chars thru ember bay today and the second one didn’t see nodes in the usual spots. It might be a bug however I haven’t seen any other reports from other people.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Same amount of nodes for me with 2 characters doing the standard run. I don’t park them in Bfen though it definitely sounds like diminishing returns.

I had super bad RNG today though on the Blood Rubies, I usually get ~10 or so from the entire node run but today I only got 2 from hitting all the nodes. Not sure if stealth nerf or bad RNG but I’ll probably say RNG until I have further proof.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The node cap seems to be shared between Bloodstone Fena and Ember Bay. That might be the reason.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Keysha.2815

The characters are parked in Verdant Brink, not Ember Bay or Bloodstone Fen. I’ve checked it 2 days now, will do again today and see if it is the same. How long does a character have to be out of a zone for diminishing returns to stop? Both in game (active) and logged out?

Just a flesh wound.3589

Players don’t know the ins and outs of DR but apparently even if parked somewhere else it still can keep DR as you need to do events in a different map. So if you have chars parked to flax farm then go to bloodstone fen to node farm then the DR will still be there. Wiki says probably 15-20 minutes doing events on another map is enough to remove DR for that character.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

i do know that the other day i went to bloodstone fen and hit 6 nodes and only got 1 ruby to show for it. thats pretty kittening kitten.

im bad at sarcasm

Posted by: Sleepwalker.1398

Sleepwalker.1398

Sorry to go back to this old thread.
Can anyone confirm whats happened to the nodes in this map.?
Very hard to get any rubies from the nodes i’ve noticed.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Seems like it was nerfed.

I think before the Halloween event, I farmed Bloodstone Fen a bit to get blood ruby backpacks for a couple characters. On average, I was getting close to, or more than, 30 blood blood rubies a day.

I started farming there again, just doing the daily achievements and hitting up all the blood crystal nodes I can find. Average amount of blood rubies per day: around 15-17. I think the only time I got more than 20 in a single day was when we actually completed the full Jade Construct event (which included defeating the legendary boss). Most of the time nobody wants to do the Jade event and it just fails. In fact, it seems like nowadays (as has been reported on the forums) the map seems pretty dead. Usually enough players to defeat Hablion for the daily achievement, but that’s about it.

This thread is from 2 months ago, which is about the time I stopped farming Bloodstone Fen. I’d say that it really does seem like they nerfed blood rubies from nodes quite a bit. Often times lately, I will mine 3 or more nodes in a row and not get a single blood ruby. Most nodes that do give rubies only gives me 1 or 2. Sure, there was never a guarantee to get any blood rubies from the nodes, but the drop rate use to be higher.

Edit: I’ve only ever farmed the map on a single character at a time. So yeah, going from an average of up to more than 30 blood rubies in a day to around half of what it use to be, means getting the backpack and trinkets for my engineer is going to take longer.

There’s something charming about rangers.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Still interesting you cannot get a decent number of blood rubies from bloodstone fen, but can get okay amounts of petrified wood and huge, sometimes nearly unlimited amounts of berries..

getting a ring (100 rubies) takes about 7 days. if you do not camp all bosses for days straight
getting a trinket 150 petr. wood takes about 5 days
getting a ring or trinket (200-300 berries can be done in 1 day, both even…)

why can’t the 2 first maps not be unlocked, it would be of value for ppl starting and a HUGE INCENTIVE TO BUY THE MAPS!

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

fishball.7204

Reporting in:

I’ve mined the nodes every single day for months (like legit never missed a day since Bfen came out) now, noticed little to no change. Some days I get bad RNG and only get 3 rubies, other days I get 13. RNG is RNG.

I have 11 stacks of rubies right now as a sample size (at least 8 from gathering, maybe 2-3 from dailies; I don’t usually do hab either).

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Reporting in:

I’ve mined the nodes every single day for months (like legit never missed a day since Bfen came out) now, noticed little to no change. Some days I get bad RNG and only get 3 rubies, other days I get 13. RNG is RNG.

I have 11 stacks of rubies right now as a sample size (at least 8 from gathering, maybe 2-3 from dailies; I don’t usually do hab either).

Why do you have 11 stacks of rubies? What possible use are they?

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

Reporting in:

Why do you have 11 stacks of rubies? What possible use are they?

Trinkets, salvage, hoard in case they come out with new uses for them

fishball.7204

Better to hoard it by choice than be ‘forced’ to farm it out of necessity in the future (eg. new raids, wvw meta etc)

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN