Nerfing Taimi

Nerfing Taimi

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

you also seem to forget that Eir survived a plummeling from the sky, and has been in a cage without sleep, food or water for a while, Let’s see you fight off a vinetooth on your own. Faolain knew not everyone was gonna survive, so she made sure at least one other was a proper meal for the vinetooth.
Eir might’ve also had her guard down because at the time the vinetooth wasn’t there yet and she thought she was rescued

Nerfing Taimi

Posted by: Mahou.3924

Mahou.3924

Anet wrote her death as though she wasn’t an experienced warrior.

You are entirely wrong and I’ll go with each and every sentence to prove you wrong.

Broken and bruised? I imagine that is the natural state of every Norn.

It’s not the natural state of every norn to have been imprisoned for a long period of time and to have suffered under such conditions, especially being the prisoner of an elder dragon.

Betrayed? How does that affect how she dies?

An otherwise glorious death can be tainted by the act of a betrayal, removing the value of that death due to the cowardly nature that is betrayal. A glorious death is a fair fight and betrayal absolutely, in every case, makes it no longer a fair fight.

If betrayal makes you simply give up and let yourself be killed, you aren’t much of a warrior. But maybe in bad writing that’s how it is. Not like Eir shouldn’t have had a clue that Faolain might betray her lol.

Weaponless? So if you don’t have a weapon you just give up and die? Even Faolain was better and AFAIK she wasn’t a warrior. She grabbed a thorn to use as an improvised weapon! Anet wrote Eir just standing there and nodding.

No, because you see, Eir was fleeing for her life after having already been imprisoned by an elder dragon.

So was Faolain…

Now, you are just trolling in a spiteful way in regards to Eir’s character, or you have some distorted imagination on what’s a “warrior” or not. Probably because you think Rambo, G.I. Joe or other “macho” fighters are how to portray them correctly, and you consider as a result Eir and Taimi as a “blasphemy” to these standards.

Nerfing Taimi

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

you also seem to forget that Eir survived a plummeling from the sky, and has been in a cage without sleep, food or water for a while, Let’s see you fight off a vinetooth on your own. Faolain knew not everyone was gonna survive, so she made sure at least one other was a proper meal for the vinetooth.
Eir might’ve also had her guard down because at the time the vinetooth wasn’t there yet and she thought she was rescued

I’m not saying she would definitely succeed, I’m saying she didn’t even try. There are RL war vets that were captured, starved, and tortured but still tried to fight when given the chance. Some even succeeded. That is a real warrior. Eir wasn’t just some nameless norn, she was a famous warrior. She should have been better than that.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Nerfing Taimi

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Anet wrote her death as though she wasn’t an experienced warrior.

You are entirely wrong and I’ll go with each and every sentence to prove you wrong.

Broken and bruised? I imagine that is the natural state of every Norn.

It’s not the natural state of every norn to have been imprisoned for a long period of time and to have suffered under such conditions, especially being the prisoner of an elder dragon.

Betrayed? How does that affect how she dies?

An otherwise glorious death can be tainted by the act of a betrayal, removing the value of that death due to the cowardly nature that is betrayal. A glorious death is a fair fight and betrayal absolutely, in every case, makes it no longer a fair fight.

If betrayal makes you simply give up and let yourself be killed, you aren’t much of a warrior. But maybe in bad writing that’s how it is. Not like Eir shouldn’t have had a clue that Faolain might betray her lol.

Weaponless? So if you don’t have a weapon you just give up and die? Even Faolain was better and AFAIK she wasn’t a warrior. She grabbed a thorn to use as an improvised weapon! Anet wrote Eir just standing there and nodding.

No, because you see, Eir was fleeing for her life after having already been imprisoned by an elder dragon.

So was Faolain…

Now, you are just trolling in a spiteful way in regards to Eir’s character, or you have some distorted imagination on what’s a “warrior” or not. Probably because you think Rambo, G.I. Joe or other “macho” fighters are how to portray them correctly, and you consider as a result Eir and Taimi as a “blasphemy” to these standards.

I’m not being spiteful to Eir’s character, I don’t like the way that her death, or Taimi in general, are written.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Nerfing Taimi

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

I’m not saying she would definitely succeed, I’m saying she didn’t even try. There are RL war vets that were captured, starved, and tortured but still tried to fight when given the chance. Some even succeeded. That is a real warrior. Eir wasn’t just some nameless norn, she was a famous warrior. She should have been better than that.

You’re again drawing false comparisons between real life and GW2. In real life, there are no elder dragons. In real life, there are no vinetooths, no extremely large plantlike creatures that are capable of extremely long distance jumps with large spike ended tails that can kill a person with a single stab. In tyria there is definitely a size difference between a character and an enemy. It’s like asking a recently escaped war veteran to fight a tank. That’s just not a possibility for a POW that was imprisoned and essentially fell out of the sky, especially weaponless.

All these real life comparisons do is hurt your argument, not help it.

Nerfing Taimi

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

I have a saying…

“Hero is just a word that people put on another for unnecessary expectations”

Eir was a warrior branded as one of the best for accomplishing something other chosen not to do but by branding her as a “Hero” people have forgotten that she is like everyone else at the core and can end up with even the most unheroic fates.

For the majority who only known her as this “Legend” they expect her to die like some “Hero”, “Champion”, “Legend”, “Warrior”, and etc but reality is she is not those things to herself and died as a neither of those things exaggerated by other people’s idea of what she should have been through only stories they heard. To herself she is a mother and a person who took up arms againt the Elder Dragon for revenge for murdering her father. Her ’legend" known by others was told to be one of virture and heroic deed to save the world but the true nature was that of revenge in the beginning hidden behind the ideal of creating her own “legend”.

Nerfing Taimi

Posted by: Emiko.3217

Emiko.3217

Taimi is awesome – she has definitely added life to the game! She is a child prodigy, even by asura standards, and she has a great personality.

I think she’s the new generation’s Snaff, and probably even more so.

Nerfing Taimi

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

The only thing that is legitimately making your ears bleed is the Legendary unicorn Shortbow.

Taimi is fine, we all love her. Full-stop.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

Nerfing Taimi

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Taimi is a typical good feel disney-like character for young people imho. It just is too bright and too I can do and achieve everything style. I just don’t like this trope. Hollywood and especially children’s shows is full of this copy-paste characters and it sucks.

But I respect that many people apparently like her. The story overall is pretty good imho and I miles better than the original personal story (which was even more full of tropes and annoying characters).

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Nerfing Taimi

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

idk there are some pretty nasty and accurate stuff said about taimi and the community which made me laugh hard but if i say then here im risking getting banned LUL

Nerfing Taimi

Amaimon.7823

“there’s a god of war and en elder dragon down here, but feel welcome to join”
yes.. let’s invite the asura with a bad back and no arms on her golem to join us down below

Nerfing Taimi

zealex.9410

yes.. let’s invite the asura with a bad back and no arms on her golem to join us down below

Keyword IN her golem. Tbh i didnt mind that thought it would lead to her death somehow but oh well better luck next time.

Nerfing Taimi

Amaimon.7823

Keyword IN her golem. Tbh i didnt mind that thought it would lead to her death somehow but oh well better luck next time.

I honestly thought she was going to die then and there. I mean, they built up the scene, zoomed in on the device, it was gonna blow, we see Taimi being flung away.
I was mentally prepared to watch her fall into the lava.. but.. no.. a conveniently placed rock caught her. I am conflicted though, because on one end she’s one of the few characters whose death I would’ve actually cared about. I would’ve hunted down balthazar and flung him down the same fire he (would’ve) caused taimi to fall down in.. well.. maybe an alternative because I’m not sure you can kill a god, especially balthazar, by throwing him in the molten flame

Nerfing Taimi

zealex.9410

And i hoped for ~waks to taimi, a “press f to kick” aprears, the pc yells " This. Is. Sparta!!"~ on the matter of how to kill him tho… Hey i killed his dogs on condi warr so… I hope at least that this turn of events doesnt mean that the elder dragons are no more. Also really curious to see what will wp say about this he had alot of spicy things to say about the leaks so this will be gold.

(edited by zealex.9410)

Nerfing Taimi

Posted by: Uncle Dalty.8327

Uncle Dalty.8327

WHAT?!?!?! Taimi is the only thing that makes pve worth playing…. and since pvp is pretty stale atm she’s the only thing worth playing this game for haha.

Nerfing Taimi

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

Taimi is safe. Childs cannot be killed in a teen-rated AAA game.

She is probably allowed to die from a disease, but not in combat. Not from violence. Not even a god can kill her. The notion of political correctness is the higher authority and makes this impossible.

(edited by Silmar Alech.4305)

Nerfing Taimi

Posted by: blackdirk.1324

blackdirk.1324

Taimi is a great character !
The only thing i can criticate is that her looking is a bit too “human”

About her jokes :
You should notice she mostly is joking while she’s under pressure .. that’s her way to remove stress. Sadly she’s got huge responsabilities and still is a student thats why i think she’s always joking since the first Episode of LW S3

You can notice her young age when she lose control of events around her.. she’s crying.. she’s fleeing..
For all of this. She’s an awesome character

I hope she’ll graduate soon ! She deserves this

Nerfing Taimi

Posted by: Mal.1670

Mal.1670

What are you talking about lmao Taimi has the best dialogue in the game. Bet you’ve never watched any anime, have you

Legendary sounds and bad environment effects, now there’s something to talk about.

Nerfing Taimi

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Taimi is kittening amazing, best voice actor and best character in all of GW2.

Every interaction and dialogue with her character puts a smile on my face.

Nerfing Taimi

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Remove all of the other characters from the story and replace them with Taimi. Sounds good to me. They can also leave in some Canachs.

Nerfing Taimi

Amaimon.7823

I just wished Taimi wouldn’t treat me like a skritt if I played on an Asura character

Nerfing Taimi

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Remove all of the other characters from the story and replace them with Taimi. Sounds good to me. They can also leave in some Canachs.

Taimi #3: “If I use Scruffy 2.0 to interface with Omadd’s machine, I can negate any reason to have an expansion! This is perfect!”
Canach #2: “Well, isn’t that adorable? Maybe now I can be more standoffish and selfish.”

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Nerfing Taimi

Posted by: Katastroff.1045

Katastroff.1045

I want Taimi, just taimi.

If i want to watch some day time soap opera drama, i’ll turn on the teevee. I had enough of NPCs going all out with personnal drama, love affairs and mirror on their ceilling.

Taimi gets to the point and that’s all we need for a good story.

=P

Why simplify things when its so easy to complicate them ?