Nevermore IV: frustrating waiting for events

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Friend of the Drakes <—- on a 3h+ rotation, waiting to have fun?
Friend of Bear <—- on a 3h+ rotation, waiting to have fun?
Power over the Siegemaster <—- on a god-know-how-long-I-waited-4-hours rotation
Power over Barradin <—- on a god-know-how-long-I-waited-4-hours rotation

Worse, I contacted support, and they told me to just try to wait/fail other events and try to get this up. What’s the point? I thought your philosophy was to not make people wait to have fun?

Can you just make the heart NPCs there sell the item instead? This is beyond frustrating.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Just assume that everything related to legendaries doesn’t respect the basic philosophy arenanet talks about.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

Posted by: Taranotos.1567

Taranotos.1567

I feel your pain. on Nevermore IV too and anet too busy wasting time on feedback thread for a item that they going to nerf the visuals for with in a year anyway.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I never assumed every part of forging a legendary would be fun. On the other hand, I do agree that choosing events with really long spawn timers is just annoying. Fortunately I have two monitors, and I can browse reddit or the forums or even watch a movie while waiting.

Edit: I guess you can figure out why they named it Nevermore.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

The more I read about precursor scavenging your dead corpse, the less inclined I am to continue amassing mats for nevermore.

Posted by: Layoom.8725

Layoom.8725

The astralaria I —-——— please wait 12 days

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

Some of the maps are bugged, actually those 2 you mentioned tend to be. It’s either the event spawns within a reasonable amount of time or it never spawns. If you find yourself waiting hours for it, it’s a good chance the map is bugged. I just made the Nevermore and so have many others I think, so it’s not impossible.

gaem not made for mi
===========

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

After waiting for 7h yesterday, I finally finished it. It’s painful, but it’s do able guys.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

This is kinda dodgy thing to do though (or lazy designing). Many have busy lives and commitments which is what made gw2 very accessible in the first place. Challenging is fun, but this is just dumbing it down, once again by rewarding it with time, just like in leagues, HoT meta map rotations, time is all you need to progress.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

This is kinda dodgy thing to do though (or lazy designing). Many have busy lives and commitments which is what made gw2 very accessible in the first place. Challenging is fun, but this is just dumbing it down, once again by rewarding it with time, just like in leagues, HoT meta map rotations, time is all you need to progress.

If the only thing gated behind non-casual stuff is legendaries, I’m okay with it. Legendaries were never meant to be casual. Waiting 7 hours for an event is bad.

But when Legendaries first came out, you needed WvW completion. Even on high tier servers, I had to wait weeks or even months for one single tower to be ours so I could get the last point so I could finish my WvW map completion.

WvW map completion was removed from the legendary process, but I believe for most people it was far far worse than what we have now.

That was far less casual than waiting for an event to spawn, and that’s how it was from launch for a couple of years.

This is more casual than that was.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

If the only thing gated behind non-casual stuff is legendaries, I’m okay with it. Legendaries were never meant to be casual. Waiting 7 hours for an event is bad.

But when Legendaries first came out, you needed WvW completion. Even on high tier servers, I had to wait weeks or even months for one single tower to be ours so I could get the last point so I could finish my WvW map completion.

WvW map completion was removed from the legendary process, but I believe for most people it was far far worse than what we have now.

That was far less casual than waiting for an event to spawn, and that’s how it was from launch for a couple of years.

This is more casual than that was.

WvW part was removed because of the arguing that it caused, from PvE players who hated WvW, and WvW players who hated the PvE players on the maps taking up spots,

I never had a problem with the WvW map completion, and I did that on like 10 char’s before it was removed,

Alas, the current format is not so casual, putting an item behind an event is fine, that is the casual part, the OP isn’t complaining about that, not looking for justification on that, they are talking about the bugged events that do not actually start, needing to wait several hours for an event that may never start due to a bug on the map is crazy, this sort of thing should have been tested to the limits before launch,

I seen a post that was linked to reddit where a dev said a certain event that was bugged was actually being caused by another event somewhere else failing/stalling,

As normal players we cannot know this, nor can we test it, we are at the mercy of Anet being on the ball and fixing this stuff,

Given the events that are bugged/locked for hours on end that have items needed, can you imagine the hassle that will come when the launch the next set of weapons etc,

If Anet are going to lock items to events, then those events must work 100% of the time, if they fail because of a player so be it, but they should have a restart procedure that doesn’t take hours or relies on a new map starting, its poorly thought out.

(edited by Ok I Did It.2854)