New Legendaries

New Legendaries

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Dreamwolf.7423

Dreamwolf.7423

Please, please, please!

I would gladly forsake any new Elite Spec information if only you’d give us some of the upcoming new legendary weapons so I would know whether or not to keep waiting or go ahead and make what I want now. And I do hope that there are less class specific or race specific legendaries coming. And maybe even a more serious pistol legendary? PLEASE???

New Legendaries

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Thats the entire reason they don’t want to announcement….. the market upset would be…. undesirable.

New Legendaries

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Has there been an official announcement or confirmation that new legendaries are coming?

I was under the impression this was an assumption.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

New Legendaries

Posted by: AtriustheGod.6785

AtriustheGod.6785

There was an official announcement of new legendaries on day 1, when Heart of Thorns was announced

New Legendaries

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Has there been an official announcement or confirmation that new legendaries are coming?

I was under the impression this was an assumption.

They’ve had just as much confirmation they are coming as they did in 2013.

New Legendaries

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There is a News Blog post about the new Legendaries, if you care to peruse it. As much as some posters like to bring a ‘ray of sunshine’ to every thread, I’m pretty confident there will be new Legendaries, new Precursors, a new Mastery line associated with them, new skins, and a new method of obtaining said items.

I would love to hear more about them, as well. =)

Good luck.

New Legendaries

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It looks most definite there will be all the things Inculpatus says. What we don’t know is how many there will be or of what types, though there’s a hint that the currently very silly ones will be the first to get new, more serious versions. We just know that they will have a subset of the intended legendaries available at launch, per ANet postings and comments.

New Legendaries

Posted by: TERraTRIIx.3194

TERraTRIIx.3194

Knowing more about the new legendaries is currently all I am really interested in with all the HoT news. Don’t get me wrong I am super excited about the other rumours and things to be announced, but I need to know what the new legendaries – I am in the middle of crafting Incinerator and plan to sell it if the new dagger is better, but I also want to equip it the second I get it if the new one is awful. >.< Aghh

New Legendaries

Posted by: Joseph.9853

Joseph.9853

There is a News Blog post about the new Legendaries, if you care to peruse it. As much as some posters like to bring a ‘ray of sunshine’ to every thread, I’m pretty confident there will be new Legendaries, new Precursors, a new Mastery line associated with them, new skins, and a new method of obtaining said items.

I would love to hear more about them, as well. =)

Good luck.

This is true, after participating in the beta for when Revenant was in Maguuma still. They had a special track I believe called ‘Legendary Mastery’, and it went towards getting the precursor for the legendary (current ones anyway, but couldn’t activate it since I’m sure its under development).

Lanthun – [WISE] Wizened Wizards (Founder/Leader)

New Legendaries

Posted by: Bovan.9481

Bovan.9481

That only thing that drives me up the wall is not knowing if we need the current Gift of Exploration or not. Right now I’m forcing myself through map completion (for the 6th time mind you) despite hating it just in case we need the gifts for the new legendaries. I’m not having fun, and logging in already feels tedious because of it. But I’m going to need the gifts if they are required for the new legendaries.

I find the entire Gift of Exploration thing flawed anyway. It’s preposterous if I want to make a 3rd or higher legendary for my main character I’m forced to play a different character for hours and hours despite not wanting to play that character, and through content I’ve already experienced. I know legendaries aren’t required but you need to have goals to pursue. But that’s something for a different topic.

Bovan Ironwrench – Bovan Sundermist
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

New Legendaries

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

That only thing that drives me up the wall is not knowing if we need the current Gift of Exploration or not. Right now I’m forcing myself through map completion (for the 6th time mind you) despite hating it just in case we need the gifts for the new legendaries. I’m not having fun, and logging in already feels tedious because of it. But I’m going to need the gifts if they are required for the new legendaries.

I find the entire Gift of Exploration thing flawed anyway. It’s preposterous if I want to make a 3rd or higher legendary for my main character I’m forced to play a different character for hours and hours despite not wanting to play that character, and through content I’ve already experienced. I know legendaries aren’t required but you need to have goals to pursue. But that’s something for a different topic.

My guess would be that you will have to do map completion for the maguuma jungle, in order to craft one of the new legendaries.

I also think most of the other Gifts will be altered, the old t6 mats will be switched out with new mats that only drop in the jungle, so nobody can stock up beforehand. The same will probably go for most of the account bound currencies. Originally, you had to complete some content in every aspect of the game (dungeons, pve, wvw, crafting etc.) in order to craft your legendary and it will probably be the same for the new Leggies.
But since launch, alot new permanent content was added, fractals, southsun cove, SW, DT, Guild Missions, ascended crafting and LS season 2.
All of that content has unique materials (Karka shells, passion flowers, prickly pears, quartz), currencies ( Commandations, geodes, crests, relics), timegates (charged quartz, ascended refining, laurels), rewards and reward structures (Luminous Armor, Collections, LS).

We will also see alot new unique materials, currencies, timegates, rewards and reward structures with HoT, so I think its quite plausible to believe that at least the new Legendaries will probably require alot of those in the forging process.

Some additional info for OP:
I think I read or heard somewhere (either in the blogpost or on a stream) that only 3 new legendary weapons will be released with HoT launch, the others will follow later on.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

New Legendaries

ZudetGambeous.9573

My guess would be that you will have to do map completion for the maguuma jungle, in order to craft one of the new legendaries.

I also think most of the other Gifts will be altered, the old t6 mats will be switched out with new mats that only drop in the jungle, so nobody can stock up beforehand. The same will probably go for most of the account bound currencies. Originally, you had to complete some content in every aspect of the game (dungeons, pve, wvw, crafting etc.) in order to craft your legendary and it will probably be the same for the new Leggies.
But since launch, alot new permanent content was added, fractals, southsun cove, SW, DT, Guild Missions, ascended crafting and LS season 2.
All of that content has unique materials (Karka shells, passion flowers, prickly pears, quartz), currencies ( Commandations, geodes, crests, relics), timegates (charged quartz, ascended refining, laurels), rewards and reward structures (Luminous Armor, Collections, LS).

We will also see alot new unique materials, currencies, timegates, rewards and reward structures with HoT, so I think its quite plausible to believe that at least the new Legendaries will probably require alot of those in the forging process.

I think I read or heard somewhere (either in the blogpost or on a stream) that only 3 new legendary weapons will be released with HoT launch, the others will follow later on.

I dunno, as of the last beta you had to complete content in the old tyria maps in order to unlock the new legendary weapons. That doesn’t necessarily mean that they won’t take new materials, but you will need to unlock a lot of old world mastery points in order to even work on them.

I personally will be staying in the current zones to level up the mastery I need to get the legendaries unlocked so that I don’t have to go back and repeat HoT content later, plus i’ll know what I need.

New Legendaries

Donari.5237

From the blog:
“… new legendary weapons, the first handful of which will be introduced in Heart of Thorns, with more to come in subsequent updates.”
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-legendary-journey/

A handful could be more than three. Though it does suggest the bulk of the new ones won’t be immediately available, I don’t think any official source has said “three.” Even if five is right out.

New Legendaries

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Thats the entire reason they don’t want to announcement….. the market upset would be…. undesirable.

would it? how, if the items don’t exist yet?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

New Legendaries

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

From the blog:
“… new legendary weapons, the first handful of which will be introduced in Heart of Thorns, with more to come in subsequent updates.”
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-legendary-journey/

A handful could be more than three. Though it does suggest the bulk of the new ones won’t be immediately available, I don’t think any official source has said “three.” Even if five is right out.

I know a Monty Python reference when I see one, kitten! lol

New Legendaries

Donari.5237

I can’t help it, the word “three” often triggers that scene in my mind.

@ Lightsbane: That’s exactly the problem, items that are coming but not yet available trigger mad price swings in the market as people try to stock up for their own use or to speculate on what mats will be “hot.”

New Legendaries

Posted by: Sold Out.7625

Sold Out.7625

The saddest thing is that they announced that a full set of legendaries won’t even be in the expansion when Heart of Thorns hits, so we will have to wait EVEN longer for those.

Source here:

I know you’re all dying for more information on new legendary weapons, but we’d like to delve into them more with a dedicated blog post in the future. For now, I’ll say that we’ve been working kitten new legendary weapons, the first handful of which will be introduced in Heart of Thorns, with more to come in subsequent updates.

Leader of the Free Winds – RP, community, and all kinds of fun.
Jara Ariasdottir (Soon all classes proper!)

New Legendaries

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I can’t help it, the word “three” often triggers that scene in my mind.

@ Lightsbane: That’s exactly the problem, items that are coming but not yet available trigger mad price swings in the market as people try to stock up for their own use or to speculate on what mats will be “hot.”

i don’t expect mats required by legendary recipes to change so… gift of ‘x’ will still require the same materials. speculation is fine and all, but you don’t know if the new legendary gift materials won’t already be in the game, and they probably will.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

New Legendaries

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Who doesn’t like clown pistols?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

New Legendaries

ZudetGambeous.9573

Who doesn’t like clown pistols?

people who are afraid of clowns?

New Legendaries

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I dunno, as of the last beta you had to complete content in the old tyria maps in order to unlock the new legendary weapons. That doesn’t necessarily mean that they won’t take new materials, but you will need to unlock a lot of old world mastery points in order to even work on them.

I personally will be staying in the current zones to level up the mastery I need to get the legendaries unlocked so that I don’t have to go back and repeat HoT content later, plus i’ll know what I need.

Yeah, I guess you will need to unlock alot of masteries before being able to even forge your own pre. However, i dont think Anet will put too much materials and currencies into the recipes that are already available and people can stock up on.

I wouldnt be surprised, if they even changed the recipes for the old legendaries, so you have to complete content that was released after launch or with HoT in order to forge them.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

New Legendaries

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

I’m waiting to do map completions for two reasons.
1) the changes to the map bonus rewards. I don’t want to spend all that time running through a map now, only to be going back after hot to get specific rewards.
2) they might not be needed for new legendaries. Because they said in the article that precursors and the legendaries are not only account bound, but account-based one per account and they also said the legendary process will change to be more like the precursor process, it is entirely possible that it won’t be required to have it done more than once. Or only within the maguuma jungle as Wanyze suggested.
I also think that your reasoning regarding the gift of exploration is another reason they might avoid it being a requirement for the new legendaries.

New Legendaries

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

Yeah, I guess you will need to unlock alot of masteries before being able to even forge your own pre. However, i dont think Anet will put too much materials and currencies into the recipes that are already available and people can stock up on.

I wouldnt be surprised, if they even changed the recipes for the old legendaries, so you have to complete content that was released after launch or with HoT in order to forge them.

I would be surprised if they changed the old recipes. I can imagine the forum outrage that would ensue. Besides that, there would be a lot of work involved in the changes that would be better served in creating the new ones.

New Legendaries

Posted by: Ceesa.1350

Ceesa.1350

I don’t think there’s any way that the recipes for the current legendaries will change. However, I do appreciate the point raised earlier that there are a lot of new currencies in the game, and with the addition of the new HoT maps there will likely be one or two more. I think we should expect the recipes for the new legendaries to have the following:

1. A slightly altered gift of exploration to reflect an exploration of old and new maps.
2. A gift of mastery with an additional requirement for 500 fractal relics. I’m not sure where they’ll add this, but I can’t imagine it not being included somewhere.
3. A gift of fortune that is completely unchanged. That’s where the majority of the grind for a legendary is (for most legendaries, at least), and I think it’s working as intended.
4. New items to collect in HoT maps exclusively that are added to the Gift of <Legendary Name Here> or sub-gifts whose recipes are purchased from Miyani.

I can also see new currencies and items being required for the precursor crafting in addition to all the crazy quests/scavenger hunt activities that we’ll have to do. But so long as RNG is kept (mostly) out of the process, I’ll be happy.