New Legendaries no aura effect, seriously?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Jimaruto.5389

Jimaruto.5389

The title says it all. New legendary weapons do not have any aura effect on armor. Personally, I don’t feel like holding a “legendary” weapon when there is no shiny effect all the time on me. I was happy when I heard that new legendary weapons change the skin of our hands, but when I’ve realised that they don’t add the glorious aura around the armor as a drawback, I was about to throw myself off the balcony.

For example. Nevermore change the skin of one hand only (not both) to look like black feathers. This effect on an existing black armor doesn’t show off at all! I know many of you would say “Then make the old ones(legendary weapons)!”. But I would answer: "What was the point in waiting 2 years for new legendary weapons (they were announced in mid 2013) to be “forced” to make 3.5 years old legendary weapons??"

Even the added effects on new legendary weapons, which are really nice, are not permanent but they only appear mainly on weapons swap. I hope Anet would re-consider and add the aura effect on armor like all legendary weapons did until now because I think otherwise many players would not put their minds into making the new legendary weapons and that would be bad for keeping them in game for long term.

Posted by: RustyMech.9876

RustyMech.9876

I don’t know, I am happy with my new shiny pistol. So happy that I am making a second one. The auras were part of the reason why I did not bother with the “old” legendaries, also did not help that anyone could just break out their cash and buy one.

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

I was shocked to discover this myself days ago when I crafted Nevermore. I’m hoping ArenaNet didn’t add the arm effect thinking players would like it more than typical legendary auras, if that is the case, they are absolutely, certainly, wrong.

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Personally, I feel auras are lame, they do nothing but obscure what my character looks like, make it harder then it already is to see the details of the look I created.

I don’t want to be a glowing mass or a blob of black pixels, neither is awesome, IMO.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Wow, call me noob! Didn’t even know there were armor auras from Legendaries. I guess they don’t show up much, unless you have one. /shrug

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

I don’t know, I am happy with my new shiny pistol. So happy that I am making a second one. The auras were part of the reason why I did not bother with the “old” legendaries, also did not help that anyone could just break out their cash and buy one.

Just as a warning, you can’t actually make a second H.O.P.E. with the new system. You’ll have to use the Wardrobe to apply the skin on another weapon.

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

The old legendaries had auras? What?

| Lithia |

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

The old legendaries had auras? What?

My meteorlogicus and minstrel say hi also.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Nope, no auras. The “new thing” for the gen 2 legendaries is that they change your entire arm’s appearance when wielded. Slightly more subtle.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

Personally, I feel auras are lame, they do nothing but obscure what my character looks like, make it harder then it already is to see the details of the look I created.

I don’t want to be a glowing mass or a blob of black pixels, neither is awesome, IMO.

You guys need to just agree to disagree. lol. Personally I think for auras and such (along with other graphic effects) it would be really cool to have a tab/checkmark that you can check on or off. This way everyone wins. Oh and if we could have the same idea for eternity to where if we want the sunrise variant or the twilight variant that would be epic too. (change at will for free)

RustyMech.9876

Just as a warning, you can’t actually make a second H.O.P.E. with the new system. You’ll have to use the Wardrobe to apply the skin on another weapon.

Why can’t you? People keep saying this, but no one says exactly what stops someone from making a second one.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

^Because you can only do the collection for the particular precursor once, they are not tradable, and they don’t drop?

RustyMech.9876

^Because you can only do the collection for the particular precursor once, they are not tradable, and they don’t drop?

Execept you can buy the sub-components for the precursor from the vendor and craft it.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Can you? Everything that is needed? I don’t know because I’ve not rushed through Masteries.

Well, here is another reason: The Devs explicitly said you could not create two of the same new Legendary on the Guild Chat regarding Legendaries. (See the video on Twitch or YouTube for more information.)

Good luck.

RustyMech.9876

Can you? Everything that is needed? I don’t know because I’ve not rushed through Masteries.

Well, here is another reason: The Devs explicitly said you could not create two of the same new Legendary on the Guild Chat regarding Legendaries. (See the video on Twitch or YouTube for more information.)

Good luck.

Yes, the only parts that are not crafted/forged/salvaged can be bought from the vendor.

(edited by RustyMech.9876)

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

Good luck.

Yes, the only parts that are not crafted/forged/salvaged can be bought from the vendor.

When you craft it, does it not say, “WARNING: This item can only be created once per account.” or something to that effect? Because I’m pretty sure Carcharias said that when I crafted it.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

RustyMech.9876

When you craft it, does it not say, “WARNING: This item can only be created once per account.” or something to that effect? Because I’m pretty sure Carcharias said that when I crafted it.

It doesn’t, most likely because the new legendaries pres are account-bound on acquire; they’re ascended. That’s why the “old” legendary precursors collections are a one time thing most likely, because you can sell them on the TP.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Maybe they have come up with a way to craft two of the New Legendaries, as stated they wanted to do so:

Twice Told Legend achievement is only obtainable with set 1 legendaries and not obtainable with set 2 legendaries. They are working on a way for people to unlock a recipe to craft a naked legendary that allow you to select stats.

http://dulfy.net/2015/10/16/gw2-guild-chat-new-legendaries-and-changes-livestream-notes/

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

They said in their blog post A Legendary Journey that “This crafting system is an account-based activity, which means you’ll only be able to craft each precursor this way once”.

It’s bugged or poorly designed and will let you start to craft a second one, but it will not let you finish crafting it. One person who posted on the forum after starting a second weapon was able to get a refund of his materials after contacting Support.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Well it was said that legendary armor will have an aura effect, esp in combat, this could make it a visual clutter if they overlapped with weapons, hence the new types

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Kerin.9125

Kerin.9125

I still want to know how you’re supposed to be able to have two ‘legendary’ anythings, by definition IT is a legend there aren’t TWO of IT!

Yes, I know in an MMO everyone has to have the option of having IT and so there are many ITS in the world, but from a single player’s perspective there should only be ONE.

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

It doesn’t, most likely because the new legendaries pres are account-bound on acquire; they’re ascended. That’s why the “old” legendary precursors collections are a one time thing most likely, because you can sell them on the TP.

Actually, Dark is correct. When I made Nevermore I tried to see if I could make another precursor and it stopped me. It is in fact once per account. I just went back and took a screenshot for you.

Attachments:

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

RustyMech.9876

Actually, Dark is correct. When I made Nevermore I tried to see if I could make another precursor and it stopped me. It is in fact once per account. I just went back and took a screenshot for you.

Ya, I just tried to craft prototype with the required items; no go I did not see any warning the first time I crafted it though. It’s weird that the vendor sells the collection items, very misleading.

Posted by: wetwillyhip.7254

wetwillyhip.7254

I have the Incinerator dagger and there’s no aura or flashy effect I get on my armor other than the flames following up my character’s arm.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Ya, I just tried to craft prototype with the required items; no go I did not see any warning the first time I crafted it though. It’s weird that the vendor sells the collection items, very misleading.

The vendor sells those items in case you mess up and open the collection chest/use recipies on the wrong character.

For instance, I’m crafting incinerator on my thief, who is not a weaponsmith. Without thinking, I used the incinerator 1 recipe on my thief because it was lit up at 450 huntsman (technically only the gift can be crafted by huntsman.)

Realizing my mustake, I switched to my warrior (which is a weaponsmith) bought the box for 10k karma, and learned the recipies on the appropriate character.

Without the vendor reselling that box… I would have had to skill weaponsmith to 450 on my thief… from zero… even though I already have a 500 weaponsmith on my account.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

RustyMech.9876

The vendor sells those items in case you mess up and open the collection chest/use recipies on the wrong character.

For instance, I’m crafting incinerator on my thief, who is not a weaponsmith. Without thinking, I used the incinerator 1 recipe on my thief because it was lit up at 450 huntsman (technically only the gift can be crafted by huntsman.)

Realizing my mustake, I switched to my warrior (which is a weaponsmith) bought the box for 10k karma, and learned the recipies on the appropriate character.

Without the vendor reselling that box… I would have had to skill weaponsmith to 450 on my thief… from zero… even though I already have a 500 weaponsmith on my account.

Ya, but it should be listed under the “I have misplaced a vital component for crafting my Legendary.”. That would be less misleading to me at least. That is not the case with the collection items for HOPE.

(edited by RustyMech.9876)