New Weapons per Profession

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

I know it’s a bit too early to expect any finite answers about any of this stuff, but I’d just like to preemptively register my disappointment if each class only gets one new weapon to use. Some get a 2 handed weapon and some get a 1 handed weapon, so far as we can tell (necros get a gs, mesmers getting a shield).

I’d much prefer either a new two-handed weapon to use on a class or 2 one-handed weapons, not simple 1 one-handed weapon. Again, it’s too early to be certain, but as a mesmer, seeing the shield is exciting because of a new weapon, but at the same time I’m afraid that this is the only weapon we’ll be able to use, meaning I get a total of 2 new skills to use, whereas a necro would get 5.

I’m hoping that Anet sees the potential slap in the face here and is giving at MINIMUM each class 5 new weapon skills, whether that’s in the form of a two-handed weapon or 2 one-handed weapons (pls pistol mainhand, but anyways).

I’m sure Anet knows what they’re going to do, but this is the current fear that I have. The rest of it looks great.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

I hope they introduce whips as weapons (we already have the animation) and allow us to use spears on land (since we have a ton of essentially wasted spear models that are rarely seen).