New armour skins for HoT?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Faab.8049

Faab.8049

I’ve been enjoyning HoT for the week that it is out but one thing that I have started to look for are new armour skins. Most of the skins from Tyria didn’t all really get me excited and actually a bit of let down compared to the classy and very well designed armours from GW1 (I had 15 sets on my Mesmer. Just for the skins).

So one thing I was hoping for was more armour skin diversity from HoT. It is after all a complete expansion and if GW1 expansions can be used a metric, they added some 8 new armour skins per profession.

It now seems though that we only get 3(?) new armour skins sets per armour class, so effective 1 per profession (to make it somehwat comparable). This is very meagre and dissapointing, and it would be actually very dissapointing if A-net would make more skins available via the Gem Store.

So I would appreciate it if Anet would give some comment on what their plans are for adding more armour skins. After all, it is an expansion so I would have expected to see at least around half the amount that was available from Tyria.

Posted by: Canakun.8031

Canakun.8031

do you have all the new armor skins already?

Mamorou Itou Defense Club.
Protect him at all costs.

Faab.8049

do you have all the new armor skins already?

No. But that is hardly relevant. I don’ t have all from Tyria unlucked either. THats because I preview them all and see which ones I like. Then proceed to unlock the ones i like.
Did the same for the HoT skins, and cant say i’m impressed of the line.

And that only makes my request more relevant. WIth only 3 new skins per class, the amount of added choise is rather limited.

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

I think we’ll probably be getting more when raids are released. We know we’re getting legendary armour.

Faab.8049

I think we’ll probably be getting more when raids are released. We know we’re getting legendary armour.

Oh sure, that will be coming. Maybe I should be clearer that I was hoping for more thats not as hard to achieve as Legendary gear.
Even though I dont personally like them much, the Bioluminecent armour hunt is actually quite rewarding. I dont expect them for free, but more as either loot, crafting, scavange hunt etc.. After all, thats non different from all the other skins we have, or how GW1 did it.

While i’m not a game designer, I’ve worked on enough projects to know that you always end up running out of time to do the things you planned for, and that you need to prioritize on ‘must haves’ and ‘nice to haves’.
So its very possible that they simply recieved a lower priority from Anet. Zones and overall gameplay function is more important for a launch than a few cosmetics. So hopefully they can now redirect their people to finishing the things that they had put on the backburner.

Some sort of look ahead, teaser or vague promise from Anet on that end would be welcome.